Stars claim Jeffrey off Waivers

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Stars claim Jeffrey off Waivers

Postby mikey287 on Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:29 pm

sjnhiils wrote:(mikey287) I'm off to Montreal (2nd time) for the game Sat. Driving down to Boston for the game on Mon. Been to Buffalo and Washington numerous times. Also Carolina,Philadelphia,Toronto,New York(MSG), Wilkes-Barre,Erie and Wheeling. Was also a former season ticket holder. In spite of this, I guess according to you , I will have to wait and get back to get your "expert analysis" of what i just witnessed.

What the devil are you talking about? What does this have to do with Jeff Skinner or Jordan Staal? Just stop a second and just remind me and everyone what the hell you're talking about...

We all already know that Jeff Skinner for Jordan Staal was a fairy tale, it was a funny joke, we all laughed...I think we're past that now...so that leaves the whole Gus Fieri and the D words thing, which we're still not clear if the word is plural or if the "s" is naturally occurring...and then this quoted post here, which must belong in another thread because it certainly has nothing to do with this one (tangents included)...
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby sil on Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:33 pm

pcm wrote:
Gaucho wrote:
BurghersAndDogsSports wrote:
We have had too many guys that were absolutely abysmal here go on to be productive players.

Like who?

This was the how this tangent got started in the first place. I brought up Letestu, saying that if he'd blossomed into the player he's been in Columbus, we wouldn't have needed Sutter.

So it's all your fault!

+

sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Crankshaft on Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:44 pm

sjnhiils wrote:
Crankshaft wrote:
sjnhiils wrote:Gus Fieri has his "Triple D" show, now all you and Crankshaft have to do is found someone else to be the "triple d's " of LGP.

What are you insinuating?

Its another word that starts with a d and ends in a s , not Diners ,Drive-ins or Dives

Dinosaurs?
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby pcm on Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:59 pm

Dancing dinosaurs with donuts?
pcm
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby columbia on Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:01 pm

@sjnhiils

No offense, but I feel like you're a bit oversensitive.
It's supposed to be fun and (it's a message board) so none of this really matters in the scheme of things. :)
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby sil on Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:27 pm

Crankshaft wrote:
sjnhiils wrote:
Crankshaft wrote:
sjnhiils wrote:Gus Fieri has his "Triple D" show, now all you and Crankshaft have to do is found someone else to be the "triple d's " of LGP.

What are you insinuating?

Its another word that starts with a d and ends in a s , not Diners ,Drive-ins or Dives

Dinosaurs?

Yep, just pronounced like that guy who narrates the cartoon part of Jurassic Park.

'dyn-ah-saw-ers'
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby sjnhiils on Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:37 pm

columbia wrote:@sjnhiils

No offense, but I feel like you're a bit oversensitive.
It's supposed to be fun and (it's a message board) so none of this really matters in the scheme of things. :)

You would feel the same way if you got some of the responses i get. You're right ,it is supposed to be fun but there is a difference between fun and ridicule. Tired of the 'talking heads "on this board who think their so much smarter than everyone else. NO!!!! I DON'T expect everybody to agree with me, but I've been watching and playing hockey for many years and to have people laugh and question my intelligence can make a person that way. Your'e right, in the grand scheme of things none of this really matters. Not wasting any more time defending myself , my German Shepherd whom I've ignored all day is worth a helluva lot more of my time than the $@&* that goes on at this board.
sjnhiils
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby mikey287 on Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:12 pm

Ooh! Was the word "discuss" or "duress" ...?
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Pitts on Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:23 pm

meow wrote:Who exactly has gone from abysmal here to productive somewhere else?

That's my question. I'd replace "productive" with "serviceable" perhaps.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Pitts on Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:27 pm

sjnhiils wrote: my German Shepherd whom I've ignored all day is worth a helluva lot more of my time than the $@&* that goes on at this board.

And that is the most reasonable thing you've said in quite some time.

It's just a message board, full of anonymous talking heads. Ya just gotta roll with it.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Rylan on Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:50 am

You really shouldn't ignore your dog, that is just hurtful.

And besides, the reason you get teased is because of how you say things and not what you say. You make comments and then take things personally. From there your thoughts degrade into nothing but defense instead of discussing. Then, you finally explode into saying things that make no sense. None. If you think the board only listens to a few talking heads you are crazy; we are more than open to people that can say their thoughts and feelings without becoming overtly emotional. If you can learn to discuss your thoughts clearly and without excessive emotion, and when questioned not lash out you will earn more respect. Until then, your word becomes nothing more than a person whose knowledge becomes irrelevant because you cannot clearly express what you want to say.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby meow on Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:26 am

Mr. Rylan, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
meow
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Idoit40fans on Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:09 am

meow wrote:Mr. Rylan, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

This is fantastic, give that guy reason to think he should keep acting the same way and add more o his cluttered posts to the board...
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby JS© on Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:32 am

sjnhiils wrote:You would feel the same way if you got some of the responses i get. You're right ,it is supposed to be fun but there is a difference between fun and ridicule. Tired of the 'talking heads "on this board who think their so much smarter than everyone else. NO!!!! I DON'T expect everybody to agree with me, but I've been watching and playing hockey for many years and to have people laugh and question my intelligence can make a person that way. Your'e right, in the grand scheme of things none of this really matters. Not wasting any more time defending myself , my German Shepherd whom I've ignored all day is worth a helluva lot more of my time than the $@&* that goes on at this board.

You're taking this waaaaay too seriously.

For somebody who thinks they are being singled out and picked on, you are also doing your share of stirring the pot.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins