PK horrible w/out Maxime Talbot !!!

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

PK horrible w/out Maxime Talbot !!!

Postby FuturePens on Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:24 pm

I really would like to see Maxime Talbot back up with the Penguins, I really like the way he plays. He always gives 100% to the table. Instead, I would send Rita down to WBS for a few assignment games to see if he's capable to score. IF not, I would dump him as soon as the season is over, I believe that he's a waste of space on the roster. Anyone know why Maxime was send down to WBS to begin with, I really could not find a legimate reason?! In my opinion he plays better than half of the team, especially on the PK.

Ever since Maxime left the Pens, our PK started going down the hill as we started giving up at least a goal a game on PK. Before he was still with the Pens, we were actually moving up the ranks, we were at almost 80% at one time. (25th) I think he was a big factor for the short PK success. Anyone agree? Can't wait to get a new owner with more smarts !!!
FuturePens
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby wallflower on Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:50 pm

Max Talbot: "When Michel (Therrien) told me I was going to come down, I didn’t really expect it. But when he told me why, he wanted me to play offensively and just play, I felt better. I’m a guy who’s always positive. I have a chance to play offensively and play with a winning team and great guys. I’m definitely happy to be here."

http://blogs.timesshamrock.com/pensblog/?view=plink&id=225
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

oh my

Postby FuturePens on Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:56 pm

Thanks for the article.

I don't really agree with Therian's decision there because of the fact that he had been playing well with Pens. I would have waited and send him down to WBS in late March or even April.
FuturePens
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby wallflower on Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:00 am

I think the biggest reason they sent him down was so he could play during the Olympic break. I fully expect to see him back in Pittsburgh when the NHL resumes in a couple weeks.
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby NIN on Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:00 am

Patrick will probably sign him to a one-way deal next season for like 650k and we will lose him via waivers just like Fata.
NIN

patrick sucks

Postby FuturePens on Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:08 am

I hope truly that CP will not make that decision next season, as I fully expect him to be gone forever.

Maxime is a great young player that could play a huge role in the Pens future. Maybe not on a top line, but possibly on the 2nd. He could be a successfull winger in the future. I[am not sure if C is the right spot for him.
FuturePens
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby PensFanBryan on Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:14 am

Dont worry... Max will be back after the Olympic break. He had to be sent down before February started to be eligible to play down in WBS durring the Olympic Break. There are some wierd rules to play durring Olympic Break, if you played in 16 of the last 20 games for your NHL team, you had to be sent down before February 1st to be eligible. Thats what happened with Talbot. He will be back.

Talbot is still on his rookie contract, which are 3yrs... this is only his 2nd year, so he has 1 more left. He probably will be eligible for waivers in 2008 though, due to his games played this season, and he will be here next. He isnt going anywhere.
PensFanBryan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: oh my

Postby Defence21 on Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:29 am

FuturePens wrote:I don't really agree with Therian's decision there because of the fact that he had been playing well with Pens. I would have waited and send him down to WBS in late March or even April.

1. He has been playing well with the Penguins -- in a 3rd/4th line role. Therrien wants him to become more of a 2nd/3rd line player. To do that, he needs to learn how to score goals. It's much easier to learn in the AHL, then come to the NHL with confidence.

2. Right now is Olympic break. There are no games for 2 weeks. What good would it do for Max to sit around twiddling his thumbs in Pittsburgh during Olympic break instead of playing in WBS? Better yet, what good would it do to let him sit in Pittsburgh now, but send him down in March? At least right now he won't miss many NHL games. In March, he will.[/list][/list]
Defence21
AHL'er
AHL'er

agree with that

Postby FuturePens on Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:36 am

As I just learned, I did not know the reason behind him having to be send down before February. I thought that he could go back whenever, didn't know there were restrictions before the Olympics with the affiliated teams.

Anyway, I miss him in our PK, I like him on our defense better than Scuderi, Melichar, Jackman or Gonchar right now.
FuturePens
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby fourtKNOX on Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:48 pm

might be just me... but the majority of the pks im talking like almost every single one of them in carolina and again in washington... i thought the pens played much more aggressive in their box... and looked reaaaaaaaal good at doing it...

i agree up until those games the pk looked horrible... but i honestly think MT or somebody said listen we have nothing to lose with trying new things... so they were more aggressive and i remember carolina having a lot of trouble keeping it in the zone for more than 10 or 15 seconds...

were a couple times that they moved the puck really well... but guess why... our box became a cement brick with nobody moving...

i guess i agree that Talbot is an awesome pker... but hey those last couple games i honestly think they looked good...

maybe i have lost my mind though!
fourtKNOX
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby wallflower on Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:02 pm

fourtKNOX wrote:maybe i have lost my mind though!

Oh no, the PK definitely looked better in the last two games...but then again, so did the Pens. I'd say it was just as much confidence as anything else.
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby davemess on Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:24 pm

It makes sense to try and get Talbot's offensive game going at least a little bit.

Winning teams all have 3rd/4th line guys who chip in 10-15 goals per season.

To many of our role guys just dont score enough goals for this team to win consistantly.

Talbot (5), Roy (0), VandenBussche (1), Koltsov (0), Endicott (1), Murley (1),.

197 Games played between those 6 guys and only 8 goals.

Compare that to Ottawa who have McGrattan (1), Kelly (5), Varada (5), Vermette (12), Neil (12), Schaefer (13)........ 48 Goals from 321 games.

You average those figures out and the Sens are getting an extra 0.63 Goals per game. That is a significant difference over the course of a season.

The Pens need at least 3 guys out of the bottom 6 for next season that will get 15 goals if the team has any chance of improving.
davemess
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby PensFanBryan on Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:36 pm

davemess wrote:It makes sense to try and get Talbot's offensive game going at least a little bit.

Winning teams all have 3rd/4th line guys who chip in 10-15 goals per season.

To many of our role guys just dont score enough goals for this team to win consistantly.

Talbot (5), Roy (0), VandenBussche (1), Koltsov (0), Endicott (1), Murley (1),.

197 Games played between those 6 guys and only 8 goals.

Compare that to Ottawa who have McGrattan (1), Kelly (5), Varada (5), Vermette (12), Neil (12), Schaefer (13)........ 48 Goals from 321 games.

You average those figures out and the Sens are getting an extra 0.63 Goals per game. That is a significant difference over the course of a season.

The Pens need at least 3 guys out of the bottom 6 for next season that will get 15 goals if the team has any chance of improving.

You have to consider that 3 of the players from the Pens are rookies and Koltsov is in his 2nd year in the NHL. Now I expected Koltsov to be better, and sure I expected Murley to have atleast 5 by now, but hes only seen about 50 games in the NHL. They will get better. Well, Koltsov might not... He looks lost! (same with Endicott). And Roy & Vandenbussche are lucky to score 5 a peice each year.
PensFanBryan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins