OFFICIAL GDT -- PENGUINS @ LIGHTNING 11/29

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: OFFICIAL GDT -- PENGUINS @ LIGHTNING 11/29

Postby mikey287 on Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:07 pm

Crankshaft wrote:Anyone else notice the lack of guys like murphysdump or shakey walton?

Edit: Jim, too.

That's a lot of no respect, you have to earn class or buy it, but you can't just have it...respect is like a box of chocolates, you never show class...
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby CERV96 on Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:13 pm

LOL at Tampa media. Sid gets 3 points Kunitz with 2 goals and they don't even get a star? Are we in Montreal?
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Gaucho on Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:17 pm

Who were the stars?
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby djlm on Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:20 pm

3 Sutter, 2 J T Brown, 1 Fleury
djlm
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby the wicked child on Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:24 pm

Just heard Bob Grove saying CFA received a Game Misconduct at the end of the game... I don't remember seeing anything... Wtf?
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Shaky Walton on Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:29 pm

I am surprised that MAF got a star at all. I guess him getting a shutout warrants that. 21 shots and a Tampa team that ate too much turkey and stuffing yesterday. He actually did what he is supposed to do, not give up any cheap nickel and dime goals. I guess that is not much to ask but he does give up too many of those. That is why he will not be on Team Canada. Today's game reminded me more of an exhibition game. No hitting, few shots and not many chances. And nobody got hurt. I bet the paying customers in Tampa were happy today. HA
Shaky Walton
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Shaky Walton on Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:31 pm

mikey287 wrote:
Crankshaft wrote:Anyone else notice the lack of guys like murphysdump or shakey walton?

That's a lot of no respect, you have to earn class or buy it, but you can't just have it...respect is like a box of chocolates, you never show class...

What are you smoking today I'll bet it is not the best quality you could find!
Shaky Walton
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Gaucho on Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:35 pm

My guess is Puck Drama.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby CERV96 on Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:41 pm

I'm with you on that. Not sure since I foed PD a while ago.
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Orlando Penguin on Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:42 pm

Shaky Walton wrote:I am surprised that MAF got a star at all. I guess him getting a shutout warrants that. 21 shots and a Tampa team that ate too much turkey and stuffing yesterday. He actually did what he is supposed to do, not give up any cheap nickel and dime goals. I guess that is not much to ask but he does give up too many of those. That is why he will not be on Team Canada. Today's game reminded me more of an exhibition game. No hitting, few shots and not many chances. And nobody got hurt. I bet the paying customers in Tampa were happy today. HA

You must have been a real thrill to have around the dinner table yesterday.

/foed

(sorry to break my own rule at the beginning of the thread and for quoting him)
Orlando Penguin
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby ulf on Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:50 pm

Shaky Walton wrote:I am surprised that MAF got a star at all. I guess him getting a shutout warrants that. 21 shots and a Tampa team that ate too much turkey and stuffing yesterday. He actually did what he is supposed to do, not give up any cheap nickel and dime goals. I guess that is not much to ask but he does give up too many of those. That is why he will not be on Team Canada. Today's game reminded me more of an exhibition game. No hitting, few shots and not many chances. And nobody got hurt. I bet the paying customers in Tampa were happy today. HA

lol you aren't even bothering to disguise your trolling anymore
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby columbia on Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:53 pm

What drives a man to start fires?
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:57 pm

He is alone and cold
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby SolidSnake on Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:07 pm

columbia wrote:What drives a man to start fires?

SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby CERV96 on Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:23 pm

^^^^^^^^^^
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby jwest21 on Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:11 pm

CERV96 wrote:LOL at Tampa media. Sid gets 3 points Kunitz with 2 goals and they don't even get a star? Are we in Montreal?

ha...I was thinking the same thing. Apparently Brown's 4 shots were better than 3 assists or 2 goals including a game winner. Silly.
jwest21
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Jim on Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:46 pm

No Cranky... I was here, posted twice. I was just not hovering over the keyboard because I got nothing better to do, sorry. I will try to be more active in the future. Actually, I really won't.

Fleury is playing well so I have nothing negative to say. I believe it was the Caps game I posted specifically that Fleury had a good game.

Orpik didn't screw the pooch tonight so I had nothing negative to say.

Malkin actually looked like he was trying so I had nothing negative to say about his play, but I did comment on the IDIOT continuing to tuck his jersey even after he got a penalty for it. The Leafs game though, I posted specifically stating Malkin had a good game.

See, unlike apologists who constantly sing a players praises no matter how good or bad they play, or a "hater" who constantly rags on a player no matter how good or bad they play... some of us actually call them like we see them. That means that sometimes they play well, sometimes the play bad. I happen to think that the players are paid to play well, so it is actually EXPECTED that they play well and you do not praise someone for meeting expectations. However, you do criticize when they fail to meet expectations and praise when they exceed expectations.

I do not see why so many people have a problem with someone saying that so-n-so is playing like poo when they are playing like poo.

Better luck next time.
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby MarioLives on Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:03 pm

Jim wrote:

No Cranky... I was here, posted twice. I was just not hovering over the keyboard because I got nothing better to do, sorry. I will try to be more active in the future. Actually, I really won't.

Fleury is playing well so I have nothing negative to say. I believe it was the Caps game I posted specifically that Fleury had a good game.

Malkin actually looked like he was trying so I had nothing negative to say about his play, but I did comment on the IDIOT continuing to tuck his jersey even after he got a penalty for it. The Leafs game though, I posted specifically stating Malkin had a good game.

See, unlike apologists who constantly sing a players praises no matter how good or bad they play, or a "hater" who constantly rags on a player no matter how good or bad they play... some of us actually call them like we see them. That means that sometimes they play well, sometimes the play bad. I happen to think that the players are paid to play well, so it is actually EXPECTED that they play well and you do not praise someone for meeting expectations. However, you do criticize when they fail to meet expectations and praise when they exceed expectations.

I do not see why so many people have a problem with someone saying that so-n-so is playing like poo when they are playing like poo.

Better luck next time.

Agree
MarioLives
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby murphydump55 on Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:20 pm

mikey287 wrote:

Sorry to disappoint you, I was coaching all night and was watching the game on a delay.

Good game by most, Fleury especially. Hated the Malkin call and was waiting for him or Letang to finally get called on that. Totally selfish.
murphydump55
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby murphydump55 on Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:21 pm

Jim wrote:

Better luck next time.

Well said! I fully agree!

Thanks Jim!
murphydump55
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby mikey287 on Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:25 pm

murphydump55 wrote:
mikey287 wrote:

Sorry to disappoint you, I was coaching all night and was watching the game on a delay.

Good game by most, Fleury especially. Hated the Malkin call and was waiting for him or Letang to finally get called on that. Totally selfish.

Don't quote me on it, my post was in jest (to something that doesn't relate to you)...you're another one though that I think has more to offer the board than complaining about Malkin (this a reference to my post late in the 11/27 GDT)...
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby DropEmJayBird on Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:50 pm

It's funny... the desire to have a shutdown goalie... whatever that is.. .and yet I check out NHL.com stats page, and lo and behold look whose tied for the league in shutouts. You know - what's not talked about here - was the fierce call for the penguins to rid the franchise of Fleury.. and given Vokoun's unfortunate injury... where in the hell would these armchair GM's have put the penguins had that move been made.

He may not be the greatest goalie of all time, and like every other goalie under pressure he's going to let a few goals in, but he's solidified a very hard position to solidify in this league. I'm glad we have him between the pipes warts and all, because that's more than could be said for a lot of teams in this league. If you need an example, look across the state and the mess that goaltending situation has been. In this case.. the grass IS NOT greener.
DropEmJayBird
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby jwest21 on Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:32 pm

DropEmJayBird wrote:It's funny... the desire to have a shutdown goalie... whatever that is.. .and yet I check out NHL.com stats page, and lo and behold look whose tied for the league in shutouts. You know - what's not talked about here - was the fierce call for the penguins to rid the franchise of Fleury.. and given Vokoun's unfortunate injury... where in the hell would these armchair GM's have put the penguins had that move been made.

He may not be the greatest goalie of all time, and like every other goalie under pressure he's going to let a few goals in, but he's solidified a very hard position to solidify in this league. I'm glad we have him between the pipes warts and all, because that's more than could be said for a lot of teams in this league. If you need an example, look across the state and the mess that goaltending situation has been. In this case.. the grass IS NOT greener.

stop using facts and/or common sense! :scared:
jwest21
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Sure, Not on Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:24 am

Was at the game tonight. just got into the hotel in Ft. Lauderdale (back to back pens hockey weekend!) Did the tv broadcast show the referee fixing a Tampa players jersey near the end of the game? pens bench went ballistic. sure there was only like 23 seconds left, but c'mon. Maybe that had something to do with CFA's game misconduct. WTF is with the refs helping Tampa? last game they pushed stamkos off the ice when his skate blade broke. Refs <3 TB?
Sure, Not
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Pens4Life on Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:30 am

Kuny is having really great season again.. He and Sid firing up,Duper still lost.. Pascal is in big slump,just cant keep going so far.

MAF was solid :thumb: nothing extra..
Pens4Life
AHL'er
AHL'er

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins