OFFICIAL GDT: PENS VS ISLANDERS (12/3/13)

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: PENS VS ISLANDERS (12/3/13)

Postby GDR on Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:12 pm

NashvilleCat wrote:Josh Yohe ‏@JoshYohe_Trib 5m

The Penguins are now 33-7 in the past two seasons when Simon Despres is in the lineup.

yeah but he turned over the puck once so he stinks /Bylsma
GDR
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Kharlamov on Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:21 pm

GDR wrote:

The Penguins are now 33-7 in the past two seasons when Simon Despres is in the lineup.

Simon,
We thought you played a great game. However, there was that turnover. You will be heading back to Wilkes Barre, here is your Megabus ticket.
Kharlamov
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Great58 on Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:25 pm

Kharlamov wrote:
GDR wrote:

Simon,
We thought you played a great game. However, there was that turnover. You will be heading back to Wilkes Barre, here is your Megabus ticket.

Yawn
Great58
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Factorial on Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:28 pm

Just watched the end. Wow, Sid.
Factorial
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Factorial on Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:29 pm

Great58 wrote:
Kharlamov wrote:
GDR wrote:

Simon,

Yawn

Ditto. We win and the whiners whine.
Factorial
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:44 pm

Kharlamov wrote:
GDR wrote:

Simon,

Hopefully this does not prove to be accurate. The way despres has played since his callup reenforces my belief that the pens wasted a year of control of maatta
Last edited by Idoit40fans on Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Jamie on Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:45 pm

Was anyone surprised there was no response by the Isles when Malkin cross checked Tavares and then towered over him? I could not believe that the Isles did not come after Geno there. Very soff!
Jamie
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:45 pm

Jamie wrote:Was anyone surprised there was no response by the Isles when Malkin cross checked Tavares and then towered over him? I could not believe that the Isles did not come after Geno there. Very soff!

Very mature and disciplined.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby mikey287 on Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:52 pm

Jamie wrote:Was anyone surprised there was no response by the Isles when Malkin cross checked Tavares and then towered over him? I could not believe that the Isles did not come after Geno there. Very soff!

You remember things like that, if you're the Isles. You take a number and you get him later, even if it's next time...guys will hold on to these things for years if necessary...but this is a division rival, we'll see them again soon enough, and Malkin is gonna get it...you can't show up their captain and best player like that and think no one on his club isn't gonna take a number...

Good on the Isles for focusing on winning instead of going after Geno right there, but he's got it coming next time...

Not "soff" by the Isles, very smart...they know the stakes, they know how it works...
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby wondermoose on Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:08 am

mikey287 wrote:

You remember things like that, if you're the Isles. You take a number and you get him later, even if it's next time...guys will hold on to these things for years if necessary...but this is a division rival, we'll see them again soon enough, and Malkin is gonna get it...you can't show up their captain and best player like that and think no one on his club isn't gonna take a number...

Good on the Isles for focusing on winning instead of going after Geno right there, but he's got it coming next time...

Not "soff" by the Isles, very smart...they know the stakes, they know how it works...

Ha! Since when do the Islanders partake in revenge games? :lol:
wondermoose
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby wondermoose on Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:12 am

I think it's extremely concerning that Letang and Engelland are the two defensemen I'd pick to sit when Martin and Scuds come back.

Letang. What a disaster. What a mess. What a catastrophe. What a calamity. Every time he touches the puck, bad things happen. It was always acceptable before because he would make up for it, but this season has just been awful.
wondermoose
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Lt. Dish on Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:15 am

wondermoose wrote:
mikey287 wrote:

Ha! Since when do the Islanders partake in revenge games? :lol:

:lol: The Isles boards are full of "2-11-11 NEVUH FUHGET" posturing right now.
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby lemieuxReturns on Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:15 am

wondermoose wrote:I think it's extremely concerning that Letang and Engelland are the two defensemen I'd pick to sit when Martin and Scuds come back.

Letang. What a disaster. What a mess. What a catastrophe. What a calamity. Every time he touches the puck, bad things happen. It was always acceptable before because he would make up for it, but this season has just been awful.

Letang will come around.
lemieuxReturns
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby sniper on Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:16 am

mikey287 wrote:

Kind of hard to believe the Isles were smart there, when a minute later Vanek takes a stupid penalty to negate his teams power play and give the Pens one in overtime. I know he was frustrated by the non-calls on Letang, but that wasn't smart at all.

Maybe they will come after Geno next game, but they didn't stand up for anyone on their team this game. Jokinen basically head locked and dragged a guy to the ground and the guy looked like he was going to cry when he got up. Nobody came to his rescue. Who on their team is tough? There isn't much toughness on that team.
sniper
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:17 am

Letang. Letang. It rhymes with disappointing.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Lt. Dish on Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:17 am

lemieuxReturns wrote:
wondermoose wrote:I think it's extremely concerning that Letang and Engelland are the two defensemen I'd pick to sit when Martin and Scuds come back.

Letang will come around.

I think he eventually will, too. But I think it's a vicious circle with him, though. The worse he plays, the more he hears it, the worse he plays... But only he can break that cycle.
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Shaky Walton on Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:19 am

Sarcastic wrote:who was that ugly islander on the bench?

All of them
Shaky Walton
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby MRandall25 on Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:20 am

We've been hearing that "Letang will come around" for weeks.

At what point do you say "maybe this is what we're stuck with"?
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Shaky Walton on Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:21 am

Idoit40fans wrote:Letang. Letang. It rhymes with disappointing.

I think he needs a trip to the eye doctors office
Shaky Walton
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby mikey287 on Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:26 am

sniper wrote:
mikey287 wrote:

Kind of hard to believe the Isles were smart there, when a minute later Vanek takes a stupid penalty to negate his teams power play and give the Pens one in overtime. I know he was frustrated by the non-calls on Letang, but that wasn't smart at all.

Maybe they will come after Geno next game, but they didn't stand up for anyone on their team this game. Jokinen basically head locked and dragged a guy to the ground and the guy looked like he was going to cry when he got up. Nobody came to his rescue. Who on their team is tough? There isn't much toughness on that team.

What does Vanek slashing Niskanen have to do with what we're talking about?

They have as much toughness as we do, right? Martin, Carkner, Boulton, Clutterbuck is a big hitter, Cizikas is rough, Finley is massive, if nothing else...and we're talking about Evgeni Malkin cross checking their captain up high and standing over him...it's not like Malkin is going to fight their enforcer...one of their guys like Matt Martin is gonna return the favor in kind probably...I doubt Geno will answer the bell for what he did...though, I'd like to think that Tavares or someone in Malkin's weight class would give him that opportunity before anything else, but I'm not positive they will...
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Rylan on Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:29 am

Meh, Malkin didn't do anything that wasn't returned in kind to him. Though the look on JT's face when Malkin first hits him is fantastic.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby meow on Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:32 am

Shaky Walton wrote:
Sarcastic wrote:who was that ugly islander on the bench?

All of them

Maybe you should have blinked.
meow
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby columbia on Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:33 am

The Islanders need to worry about winning the next game against the Penguins, not retribution for perceived slights. If they can do that, they are ahead of the game.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Postby mikey287 on Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:34 am

Rylan wrote:Meh, Malkin didn't do anything that wasn't returned in kind to him. Though the look on JT's face when Malkin first hits him is fantastic.

Possibly nothing comes from it...I don't think there's going to be a catastrophe next time around...but he's gonna get a little extra I'd think...
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Rylan on Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:37 am

mikey287 wrote:
Rylan wrote:Meh, Malkin didn't do anything that wasn't returned in kind to him. Though the look on JT's face when Malkin first hits him is fantastic.

Possibly nothing comes from it...I don't think there's going to be a catastrophe next time around...but he's gonna get a little extra I'd think...

Absolutely, but I see a fight between like Engelland or someone else of that ilk will slug it out and calm the game down. Probably a fight within the first 10 minutes of the next game or so
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins