Get rid of Neal

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Get rid of Neal

Postby JarkkoVision on Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:30 pm

That was dirty. They don't need a player like that on the team. They don't need other teams targeting players because they're thought of as a dirty team.
JarkkoVision
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,888
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:58 pm
Location: Hiding Jagr in the basement

Re: Get rid of Neal

Postby topshelf on Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:32 pm

It was only a matter of time.
topshelf
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,595
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:13 am
Location: Florida

Re: Get rid of Neal

Postby MRandall25 on Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:34 pm

Seemed to work out fine when we kept Matt Cooke :pop:

But yeah, let's get rid of a 40 goal scorer. Makes sense.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,451
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: Get rid of Neal

Postby offsides on Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:37 pm

He definitely needs to clean up his act. When he gets frustrated, he goes head hunting way too often. He is too good a player to not be able to control himself.
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,485
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:48 pm
Location: Man Cave in Washington, PA

Re: Get rid of Neal

Postby topshelf on Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:38 pm

MRandall25 wrote:But yeah, let's get rid of a 40 goal scorer. Makes sense.


Neal is young and a bit of a hot head. He made a stupid decision against a guy that boarded him last year, is notoriously dirty, and is a known diver/embellisher. I'm not condoning his actions at all, but to suggest getting rid of him... :lol: :lol: :lol:
topshelf
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,595
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:13 am
Location: Florida

Re: Get rid of Neal

Postby topshelf on Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:38 pm

offsides wrote:He definitely needs to clean up his act. When he gets frustrated, he goes head hunting way too often. He is too good a player to not be able to control himself.


Agreed. Hopefully the ugliness of yesterday's game (plus whatever Shannahan gives him) will help to curb his behavior.
topshelf
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,595
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:13 am
Location: Florida

Re: Get rid of Neal

Postby M10 on Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:40 pm

While it was in bad taste, I think you can say that had it been any other Bruin aside from Marchand and Neal skates away from that scenario.

There's history between the two, which isn't saying much considering Marchand has made it a point to develop history with every one in the league.
Last edited by M10 on Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
M10
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 151
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:30 am

Re: Get rid of Neal

Postby SolidSnake on Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:40 pm

MRandall25 wrote:Seemed to work out fine when we kept Matt Cooke :pop:

But yeah, let's get rid of a 40 goal scorer. Makes sense.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,129
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:41 pm
Location: Winners don't use drugs.- William S. Sessions.

Re: Get rid of Neal

Postby Crankshaft on Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:42 pm

JarkkoVision wrote:That was dirty. They don't need a player like that on the team. They don't need other teams targeting players because they're thought of as a dirty team.


Grow up.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,291
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 12:35 pm

Re: Get rid of Neal

Postby Grunthy on Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:44 pm

Was I the only one that laughed when it happened? I mean I thought it was dirty and all, but the player it happened to made me laugh a little bit.
Grunthy
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,891
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:08 pm

Re: Get rid of Neal

Postby offsides on Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:53 pm

Grunthy wrote:Was I the only one that laughed when it happened? I mean I thought it was dirty and all, but the player it happened to made me laugh a little bit.


Would you have laughed if it had really connected? What about if Sid had been the target?

Dirty and suspension worthy play with intent to injure.
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,485
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:48 pm
Location: Man Cave in Washington, PA

Re: Get rid of Neal

Postby Kovy27 on Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:54 pm

JarkkoVision wrote:That was dirty. They don't need a player like that on the team. They don't need other teams targeting players because they're thought of as a dirty team.


Makes sense. Lets use little to no logic and make a post on a message board! WOOOOOOOOOOO!
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 24,615
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:56 pm
Location: Break Down the Walls of Kovy27

Re: Get rid of Neal

Postby Pens4Life on Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:57 pm

No need to trade Neal,but that sh.. better not happen again.
Pens4Life
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,508
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:02 pm
Location: Slovenia

Re: Get rid of Neal

Postby Kovy27 on Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:00 pm

Pens4Life wrote:No need to trade Neal,but that sh.. better not happen again.


That crap happens all the time in the league. This is why the NHL will always be a 2nd rate league. Get rid of the crap, and the product gets better. The refs should have thrown Neal out (5 Intent to Injure and Game) and Marchand should have got (5 Match Intent to Injure, 5 Slew Foot, Game). That's how you do it. Instead they lost control and that ended that.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 24,615
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:56 pm
Location: Break Down the Walls of Kovy27

Re: Get rid of Neal

Postby Idoit40fans on Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:03 pm

No, the NHL will always be a second rate league because it doesnt mKe money because no one cares about it in america.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,245
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: Get rid of Neal

Postby Grunthy on Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:07 pm

offsides wrote:
Grunthy wrote:Was I the only one that laughed when it happened? I mean I thought it was dirty and all, but the player it happened to made me laugh a little bit.


Would you have laughed if it had really connected? What about if Sid had been the target?

Dirty and suspension worthy play with intent to injure.



I said it was dirty... I laughed because I think marchand is an *******. He would most likely do the same thing, so I have no remorse for him.
Grunthy
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,891
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:08 pm

Re: Get rid of Neal

Postby Rocco on Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:19 pm

M10 wrote:While it was in bad taste, I think you can say that had it been any other Bruin aside from Marchand and Neal skates away from that scenario.

There's history between the two, which isn't saying much considering Marchand has made it a point to develop history with every one in the league.


That is as awful as the Bruins announcers blaming Orpik for Thornton going after Orpik. Neal kneed a guy in the head. Period.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 36,058
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:34 am
Location: Manor Farm

Re: Get rid of Neal

Postby FreeCandy44 on Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:30 pm

I love James Neal. But it was a dirty play and he should sit for a few games.
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 21,464
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:55 pm
Location: Chino Moreno Likes Toast!

Re: Get rid of Neal

Postby MRandall25 on Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:31 pm

FreeCandy44 wrote:I love James Neal. But it was a dirty play and he should sit for a few games.


No one disagrees with that.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,451
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: Get rid of Neal

Postby FreeCandy44 on Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:32 pm

Juat saying....
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 21,464
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:55 pm
Location: Chino Moreno Likes Toast!

Re: Get rid of Neal

Postby Lt. Dish on Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:33 pm

MRandall25 wrote:
FreeCandy44 wrote:I love James Neal. But it was a dirty play and he should sit for a few games.


No one disagrees with that.


Yep. I think he should get 5-6 games.

The kid has got to grow up and not be part of the problem.
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,997
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:07 pm
Location: HEY, MJ, BAG SKATE 'EM!

Re: Get rid of Neal

Postby Crankshaft on Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:44 pm

5-6 games is too many.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,291
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 12:35 pm

Re: Get rid of Neal

Postby littlemoonboot on Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:46 pm

Keep Neal. He just needs to stop being a dumb***
littlemoonboot
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,445
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:04 pm
Location: @burgyhockey

Re: Get rid of Neal

Postby iceolater on Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:57 pm

I agree, Neal deserves to sit and be fined. Sure it was the rat Marchant that took the knee to the head but doesn't matter who it was. Neal should have more class then that when wearing the Pens sweater. Also, he didn't care for the cheap shot that Del Zotto did to him that shelved him for a while.

Should we trade him? NO, but a talking to by management that they will not tolerate that style of play. If he wants to play that way, then put on the "Boston" Jersey.
iceolater
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 233
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:22 am

Re: Get rid of Neal

Postby Sarcastic on Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:06 pm

MRandall25 wrote:Seemed to work out fine when we kept Matt Cooke :pop:

But yeah, let's get rid of a 40 goal scorer. Makes sense.


lol

Maybe OP can step in and score 40.

Neal needs a talking to, that's all.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,283
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:49 pm

Next

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: pens_CT, skullman80 and 8 guests


e-mail