OFFICIAL GDT PENS @ NYR 12/18/2013

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: OFFICIAL GDT PENS @ NYR 12/18/2013

Postby PghSkins on Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:14 am

FreeCandy44 wrote:I love watching Mike Milbury grit his teeth and praise pgh.


Note that he tried like heck not to and talked about the Rags sucking
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,619
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:36 pm
Location: Beaver

Re: OFFICIAL GDT PENS @ NYR 12/18/2013

Postby JS© on Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:15 am

Image
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,566
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:52 am
Location: hooray for me

Re: OFFICIAL GDT PENS @ NYR 12/18/2013

Postby Factorial on Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:17 am

Image
Factorial
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 7,484
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:25 pm
Location: Gleefully Ignorant

Re: OFFICIAL GDT PENS @ NYR 12/18/2013

Postby meow on Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:19 am

Niskanen with 29 minutes. Maatta with 28. Goddamn!
meow
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 7,558
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:02 pm
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: OFFICIAL GDT PENS @ NYR 12/18/2013

Postby CERV96 on Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:20 am

Funny how 99% of Rags fans call Crosby a whiner and diver then you see Hank.
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,655
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:49 am
Location: It's poop again!

Re: OFFICIAL GDT PENS @ NYR 12/18/2013

Postby MRandall25 on Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:20 am

@JohnnyGoalie12 1m
Wow!I disagree with Keith Jones, with his comments on Fleury! On the 3rd goal, there isn't one goalie in the game that would have saved that


Thank you, Brent Johnson
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,449
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: OFFICIAL GDT PENS @ NYR 12/18/2013

Postby Shakes on Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:20 am

Maatta more than 28 minutes. He's 19.

See you all tomorrow night for Minnesota.
Shakes
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,903
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:27 pm
Location: Rochester, NY

Re: OFFICIAL GDT PENS @ NYR 12/18/2013

Postby nocera on Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:22 am

MRandall25 wrote:
@JohnnyGoalie12 1m
Wow!I disagree with Keith Jones, with his comments on Fleury! On the 3rd goal, there isn't one goalie in the game that would have saved that


Thank you, Brent Johnson



You mean to tell me Keith Jones said something stupid? You stop that.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,093
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:02 pm

Re: OFFICIAL GDT PENS @ NYR 12/18/2013

Postby MRandall25 on Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:23 am

No, I'm more referring to the 2nd half, where no goalie would've stopped that 3rd goal unless they had eyes in the back of their head and knew exactly what the puck would do off the boards
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,449
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: OFFICIAL GDT PENS @ NYR 12/18/2013

Postby cma3585 on Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:23 am

MRandall25 wrote:
topshelf66 wrote:Nice pick on Duper at center ice


It was a slew-foot


Pretty amazing how adamant the crew was about Kunitz "breaking" McDonagh's (?) stick behind the net (looked like it got caught on the back of the net and snapped as he turned, but I could be wrong) that led to Duper's goal yet not a single thought to share about Brassard kicking Duper's feet out from under him to create that odd man rush and subsequent goal. Mind is about blown.
cma3585
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,461
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:17 pm
Location: Chippewa

Re: OFFICIAL GDT PENS @ NYR 12/18/2013

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:24 am

CERV96 wrote:Funny how 99% of Rags fans call Crosby a whiner and diver then you see Hank.

See him what? Have someone run into his head?
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,244
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: OFFICIAL GDT PENS @ NYR 12/18/2013

Postby meow on Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:25 am

cma3585 wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:
topshelf66 wrote:Nice pick on Duper at center ice


It was a slew-foot


Pretty amazing how adamant the crew was about Kunitz "breaking" McDonagh's (?) stick behind the net (looked like it got caught on the back of the net and snapped as he turned, but I could be wrong) that led to Duper's goal yet not a single thought to share about Brassard kicking Duper's feet out from under him to create that odd man rush and subsequent goal. Mind is about blown.

Kunitz with the magic slash. Slashed his stick near the blade and it breaks between McDonagh's hands after a cross check.
meow
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 7,558
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:02 pm
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: OFFICIAL GDT PENS @ NYR 12/18/2013

Postby scals37 on Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:37 am

MRandall25 wrote:
@JohnnyGoalie12 1m
Wow!I disagree with Keith Jones, with his comments on Fleury! On the 3rd goal, there isn't one goalie in the game that would have saved that


Thank you, Brent Johnson

Thank you, for making me realize he has a twitter account
scals37
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,699
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:05 pm
Location: Joe Baggadonuts' House

Re: OFFICIAL GDT PENS @ NYR 12/18/2013

Postby DudeMan2766 on Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:39 am

Idoit40fans wrote:
CERV96 wrote:Funny how 99% of Rags fans call Crosby a whiner and diver then you see Hank.

See him what? Have someone run into his head?


He exaggerated big time. Exactly what he so famously came out of the crease to confront Sid about, when he took a cross check in the ribs. There was contact, it was obviously unintentional, but Hank flopped like he plays for the Heat.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,922
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:33 pm
Location: Squares don't fit in my circle.

Re: OFFICIAL GDT PENS @ NYR 12/18/2013

Postby PghSkins on Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:42 am

He shouldn't have been where he was and should have been no penalty on Kunitz, who tried to avoid- but you guys really think Lundqvist embellished that? He got hit pretty hard.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,619
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:36 pm
Location: Beaver

Re: OFFICIAL GDT PENS @ NYR 12/18/2013

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:44 am

PghSkins wrote:He shouldn't have been where he was and should have been no penalty on Kunitz, who tried to avoid- but you guys really think Lundqvist embellished that? He got hit pretty hard.

Im actually not sure why im surprised that people think he embellished that. After all, i have been reading this site for a while, including the past week or so.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,244
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: OFFICIAL GDT PENS @ NYR 12/18/2013

Postby PghSkins on Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:48 am

Our second line tonight was Jokinen. Gibbons and Harry Alphabet.

This was a pretty incredible win.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,619
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:36 pm
Location: Beaver

Re: OFFICIAL GDT PENS @ NYR 12/18/2013

Postby PghSkins on Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:49 am

Idoit40fans wrote:
PghSkins wrote:He shouldn't have been where he was and should have been no penalty on Kunitz, who tried to avoid- but you guys really think Lundqvist embellished that? He got hit pretty hard.

Im actually not sure why im surprised that people think he embellished that. After all, i have been reading this site for a while, including the past week or so.


True

The neck massage he was getting before the SO was all for show.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,619
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:36 pm
Location: Beaver

Re: OFFICIAL GDT PENS @ NYR 12/18/2013

Postby Shaky Walton on Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:21 am

Staggy wrote:How the hell is Fleury so good at shootouts? He's unbelievable.

Sutter!

That has always been the case. WHY? Confidence. For some reason, he has always been great in shootouts. If he had the same mindset in the playoffs as in shootouts, he would be a hell of a goalie. But for some reason (mental) he has problems with playoffs. I wish he had the mindset in the playoffs and you would NEVER hear me complain but we all know what has happened in the past. He just has to prove himself in the playoffs.
Shaky Walton
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 432
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:31 pm

Re: OFFICIAL GDT PENS @ NYR 12/18/2013

Postby tfrizz on Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:26 am

Idoit40fans wrote:
PghSkins wrote:He shouldn't have been where he was and should have been no penalty on Kunitz, who tried to avoid- but you guys really think Lundqvist embellished that? He got hit pretty hard.

Im actually not sure why im surprised that people think he embellished that. After all, i have been reading this site for a while, including the past week or so.


His head/neck got jammed up pretty good, so I have a hard time believing he embellished. That said, Kunitz made a very reasonable attempt to avoid hitting Lundqvist, so there shouldn't have been a penalty either. Part of the definition for calling a goalie interference penalty is that the contact must be "intentional or deliberate".
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,310
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:49 am
Location: Freddy Beach

Re: OFFICIAL GDT PENS @ NYR 12/18/2013

Postby tfrizz on Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:27 am

Shaky Walton wrote:
Staggy wrote:How the hell is Fleury so good at shootouts? He's unbelievable.

Sutter!

That has always been the case. WHY? Confidence. For some reason, he has always been great in shootouts. If he had the same mindset in the playoffs as in shootouts, he would be a hell of a goalie. But for some reason (mental) he has problems with playoffs. I wish he had the mindset in the playoffs and you would NEVER hear me complain but we all know what has happened in the past. He just has to prove himself in the playoffs.


It has nothing to do with confidence or mindset. Shootouts are perfectly tailored to his natural athleticism, speed, and reflexes. He's struggled his entire career with positioning, overplaying passes, and so on, but none of that matters in a shootout.

Zuccarello's shootout attempt is a perfect illustration of this. Fleury bit fairly hard on the fake but was able to recover and make the save because of his athleticism. We see it time and time again from him in shootouts, penalty shots, and breakaways.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,310
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:49 am
Location: Freddy Beach

Re: OFFICIAL GDT PENS @ NYR 12/18/2013

Postby marek on Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:44 am

tfrizz wrote:
Shaky Walton wrote:
Staggy wrote:How the hell is Fleury so good at shootouts? He's unbelievable.

Sutter!

That has always been the case. WHY? Confidence. For some reason, he has always been great in shootouts. If he had the same mindset in the playoffs as in shootouts, he would be a hell of a goalie. But for some reason (mental) he has problems with playoffs. I wish he had the mindset in the playoffs and you would NEVER hear me complain but we all know what has happened in the past. He just has to prove himself in the playoffs.


It has nothing to do with confidence or mindset. Shootouts are perfectly tailored to his natural athleticism, speed, and reflexes. He's struggled his entire career with positioning, overplaying passes, and so on, but none of that matters in a shootout.

Zuccarello's shootout attempt is a perfect illustration of this. Fleury bit fairly hard on the fake but was able to recover and make the save because of his athleticism. We see it time and time again from him in shootouts, penalty shots, and breakaways.


Post of the thread.
marek
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,777
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:44 am
Location: The Farms, La Jolla California

Re: OFFICIAL GDT PENS @ NYR 12/18/2013

Postby Pens4Life on Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:11 am

:fist: :fist: For another deserved WIN! Wow,just wow how are we playing with this young team.. Especially with 5 youngsters on D,
I really hope Shero realizes what he has down there and maybe shops low IQ Letang for some F depth..
Pens4Life
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,508
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:02 pm
Location: Slovenia

Re: OFFICIAL GDT PENS @ NYR 12/18/2013

Postby Shaky Walton on Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:19 am

marek wrote:
tfrizz wrote:
Shaky Walton wrote:
Staggy wrote:How the hell is Fleury so good at shootouts? He's unbelievable.

Sutter!

That has always been the case. WHY? Confidence. For some reason, he has always been great in shootouts. If he had the same mindset in the playoffs as in shootouts, he would be a hell of a goalie. But for some reason (mental) he has problems with playoffs. I wish he had the mindset in the playoffs and you would NEVER hear me complain but we all know what has happened in the past. He just has to prove himself in the playoffs.


It has nothing to do with confidence or mindset. Shootouts are perfectly tailored to his natural athleticism, speed, and reflexes. He's struggled his entire career with positioning, overplaying passes, and so on, but none of that matters in a shootout.

Zuccarello's shootout attempt is a perfect illustration of this. Fleury bit fairly hard on the fake but was able to recover and make the save because of his athleticism. We see it time and time again from him in shootouts, penalty shots, and breakaways.


Post of the thread.

Nothing to do with CONFIDENCE. Really. If he had no confidence in shootouts, he could not stop a beachball. C'mon Man
Shaky Walton
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 432
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:31 pm

Re: OFFICIAL GDT PENS @ NYR 12/18/2013

Postby DropEmJayBird on Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:02 am

Fleury is great in shootouts because he doesnt have to worry about his own dmen putting goals in, missing assignments, or getting bull rushed back into him. He only ha's to focus on the shooter
DropEmJayBird
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,688
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:38 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Desiato, Pavement and 14 guests


e-mail