Mario as Coach?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Mario as Coach?

Postby FuturePens on Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:15 am

First of, Mario is the greatest player to ever play the game, period. !!!

Having said that; if the Pens get a new GM next year; I would love to see Mario be involved with the Pens some more.

What I mean is, I hope he would want to Coach the Pens. I would love to see him and Therrien coach together. As Head coach or assistant coach, it doesn't matter.

I believe just knowing that Mario is a part of the Pens, we Pens fans feel so much more confident about the Pens future. His presens means alot to this organization. I think that he could be a very successful Coach. Since this team is so young and he knows this team so well, he could lead this team to another level.

My question is, what do you think the chances are of that happening? How beneficial could that be for our Pens?
FuturePens
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Marshall Dylan on Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:14 am

The chances of that happening are zero, maybe less.
Marshall Dylan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby wondermoose on Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:25 am

MT and Mario's coaching beliefs are about as opposite as it gets. Maybe Mario will pull a Gretzky someday once the mess in Pittsburgh is all cleared up, or moved elsewhere.
wondermoose
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby ExPatriatePen on Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:24 pm

I honestly don't see him coaching EVER.

Not even for Austin.

He just never seemed to have an interest. Hell, sometimes he did even seem to have an interest in playing the game itself.

I honestly think Mario would be happiest if he could sell the team and spend the next ten years playing golf.

Now before anyone takes any shots at me. I'm not saying he wasn't / isn't fantastic and hasn't done outstanding things for the sport the city and the franchise. I'm just saying that he doesn't live eat and breathe hockey like some other superstars.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby Peter on Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:30 pm

I hope not. I would like to see him still do something for the league. Maybe some PR here and there. But he's probably tired of it all right now. Take a vacation. But please don't become a coach. That would be silly.
Peter

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins