Game 55 vs Yotes - Thoughts from the Morning After

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Game 55 vs Yotes - Thoughts from the Morning After

Postby Great58 on Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:47 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:I'm saying that the West is a better conference than the east and by virtue of being in the west, the coyotes points are worth way more.

Which Coyote win stands out to illustrate the superiority of the West and the extra value of points earned in against Western opponents? Edmonton? Calgary? Winnipeg? A recent win over the struggling Kings? A shoot out over the Cannucks?

Seems to me the Coyotes have beaten the weaker teams in the West, and havent fared as well against the better teams, in general. Their points are worth exactly what they are, not "way more".
Great58
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby BurghThing on Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:26 pm

TrueNorth wrote:I don’t believe that Sid is uninterested or mailing it in because he’s saving himself for the Olympics. That would be completely out of character for him. Judging from Shelly Anderson’s post-game report, he was not taking the loss in stride and needed some time to collect himself once the locker room had cleared, presumably to deal with the emotions that had been stirred up by the loss or by the way he and the team had played. The bottom line is, he was not a happy camper.

I'm glad he took time to think about it after the game, it sure didn't look like he was thinking too much about it during the game.
BurghThing
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby RisslingsMissingTeeth on Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:41 am

Busy yesterday so I didn't get to the board. One funny thought went through my mind watching this game, when Sid is slightly off, he reminds me of Dupuis. Like, lots of action but no payoff.

And I completely second the Martin-Orpik comment early in this thread. The tolerance for players because they make a lot of money is blatant but I think DB is probably thinking that they need to get the rust out so keep playing them until they do. The question is, at their age, will they? It's a gamble.
RisslingsMissingTeeth
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby pcm on Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:21 am

RisslingsMissingTeeth wrote:Busy yesterday so I didn't get to the board. One funny thought went through my mind watching this game, when Sid is slightly off, he reminds me of Dupuis. Like, lots of action but no payoff.

And I completely second the Martin-Orpik comment early in this thread. The tolerance for players because they make a lot of money is blatant but I think DB is probably thinking that they need to get the rust out so keep playing them until they do. The question is, at their age, will they? It's a gamble.

DB sure better hope Martin-Orpik get to their game, as he'll be relying on them (at least Martin) big time in about a week.

Interestingly, Scuderi on the other hand, only played 15 minutes. Niskanen played 22.
pcm
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins