Trade for JAgr

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Trade for JAgr

Postby jjwags on Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:54 pm

If New Jersey is out of playoff race near deadline -- With Pascal being out -- could this be the year we get Jagr at trade deadline ?
jjwags
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 398
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:10 pm
Location: Pittsburgh PA

Re: Trade for JAgr

Postby Defence21 on Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:58 pm

jjwags wrote:If New Jersey is out of playoff race near deadline -- With Pascal being out -- could this be the year we get Jagr at trade deadline ?

This is the first time I've heard someone bring this up....

:pop:
Defence21
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,847
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:01 pm
Location: Johnstown, PA

Re: Trade for JAgr

Postby pens_CT on Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:15 pm

Who is this Jagr you speak of, and is he any good.
pens_CT
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,576
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:47 pm

Re: Trade for JAgr

Postby no name on Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:17 pm

20% chance yes 80% chance no. I am sure Ray amd Mario would not want to go down this road after being led on a few years ago with his return. 20% chance based on the market and what he would cost and who else is availible. Being a huge Jagr fan in the 90s i still think better options are out there. Shero doesn't seem to keen on rentals this year.
no name
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,055
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:19 pm

Re: Trade for JAgr

Postby Defence21 on Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:21 pm

jjwags wrote:If New Jersey is out of playoff race near deadline -- With Pascal being out -- could this be the year we get Jagr at trade deadline ?

On a serious note. I would love to have him back to finish out his career, and maybe that happens during free agency this summer or as a trade deadline trade. But I just can't see it happening.
Defence21
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,847
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:01 pm
Location: Johnstown, PA

Re: Trade for JAgr

Postby Kovy27 on Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:41 pm

No. Too slow to fit in this system. Hope he rots in NJ.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 24,616
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:56 pm
Location: Break Down the Walls of Kovy27

Re: Trade for JAgr

Postby sil on Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:44 pm

MEh.
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,932
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:05 pm
Location: the Juice Case manufacturing plant

Re: Trade for JAgr

Postby pcm on Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:47 pm

no name wrote:20% chance yes 80% chance no. I am sure Ray amd Mario would not want to go down this road after being led on a few years ago with his return. 20% chance based on the market and what he would cost and who else is availible. Being a huge Jagr fan in the 90s i still think better options are out there. Shero doesn't seem to keen on rentals this year.


Not to mention there's about a 10% chance the Devils are out of playoff contention by the deadline, which adds up to there being a 2% chance that Shero acquires Jagr.
pcm
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,367
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:39 am
Location: mountains

Re: Trade for JAgr

Postby Jim on Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:14 pm

After Shero thought that Jagr was going to sign here, and then Jagr signed with the Flyers... I say no way he ever appears in a Pens jersey again. Didn't Shero have some quite not-nice things to say about Jagr after he signed with Philly?
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,731
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:18 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Trade for JAgr

Postby pittsports87 on Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:17 pm

I'd rather bring Bill Guerin's ghost out of retirement than trade for Jagr.
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,456
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:44 pm
Location: College

Re: Trade for JAgr

Postby wondermoose on Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:55 pm

Jagr and Sid would be a disaster, but stick him with Neal and Geno and watch the net fill up... Don't care how slow he is, few in the League can protect a puck better and that's what this team is all about. Plus, I'm not sure if many have watched him this year, but it's not like he's immobile.

Doubt NJ is going to be a seller in any case. I'd take him in a heartbeat if they were though.
wondermoose
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,973
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:18 am

Re: Trade for JAgr

Postby tfrizz on Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:09 pm

Can't see Jagr being on the radar. A deal with St Louis seems to have much more traction; they called Jaskin up yesterday and healthy scratched him for tonight's game. I realize Sobotka and Cracknell are both hurt, but it still seems a little odd.

I'd really like to see Shero bring Jaskin in, which would require Despres I'm sure, but the Blues are quite high on him so it seems unlikely that he's on the move. With all the talk about Stewart, I'd say it's more likely that he's gone by the end of the week and Jaskin takes his spot on the Blues' roster.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,318
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:49 am
Location: Freddy Beach

Re: Trade for JAgr

Postby mikey287 on Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:40 pm

I'm not sure how well he fit into our system to be honest...the Devils play a very slow, cycling game...they have the puck on the boards the entire game, that fits Jagr...we utilize two-line, seam, stretch passes to create offense on the rush...

Not that Jagr would do poorly necessary with Malkin and Neal (as Neal and Jokinen are not fast either, but Jagr is a clear two steps down from them), but I think we could invest our assets better with other players...
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,918
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:40 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA - @MichaelFarkasHF

Re: Trade for JAgr

Postby Kovy27 on Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:22 pm

mikey287 wrote:I'm not sure how well he fit into our system to be honest...the Devils play a very slow, cycling game...they have the puck on the boards the entire game, that fits Jagr...we utilize two-line, seam, stretch passes to create offense on the rush...

Not that Jagr would do poorly necessary with Malkin and Neal (as Neal and Jokinen are not fast either, but Jagr is a clear two steps down from them), but I think we could invest our assets better with other players...


Thank you. Exactly.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 24,616
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:56 pm
Location: Break Down the Walls of Kovy27

Re: Trade for JAgr

Postby no name on Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:36 pm

There is no doubt if Jagr played with Malkin or Geno they would fill up the net more so than now. Giroux had a year like no other playing with Jagr so Sid and Geno would be a force to be dealt with on the offensive side of the ice playing with Jagr. Or should I say Sid and Geno would lift Jagr to higher heights. But is still say no to bringing himback to the burg.
no name
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,055
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:19 pm

Re: Trade for JAgr

Postby wondermoose on Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:44 pm

no name wrote:But is still say no to bringing himback to the burg.


How dare you.
wondermoose
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,973
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:18 am

Re: Trade for JAgr

Postby pensfan86 on Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:48 pm

Please don't bring #JagrWatch back into effect.
pensfan86
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:43 pm

Re: Trade for JAgr

Postby PensFanInDC on Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:04 pm

no name wrote:There is no doubt if Jagr played with Malkin or Geno


Malkin OR Geno?
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 24,070
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:28 pm
Location: Fredneck

Re: Trade for JAgr

Postby PensFanInDC on Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:05 pm

PS my phone auto corrects Geno to Genocide
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 24,070
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:28 pm
Location: Fredneck

Re: Trade for JAgr

Postby pensfan86 on Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:11 pm

PensFanInDC wrote:
no name wrote:There is no doubt if Jagr played with Malkin or Geno


Malkin OR Geno?



Two different people with split personalities. Malkin will play like a superstar for mother Russia and Geno will just normally show up every now and then.
pensfan86
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:43 pm

Re: Trade for JAgr

Postby lemieuxReturns on Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:23 pm

jagr is jagr. I think even if you appreciate the good he can bring, you also are fearful of the bad. The bad being the pouting when things are not his way. Even when he announced his return to the NHL from the KHL part of me did not want him to land here and mess things up chemistry-wise with our team.

Even now, he is in the headlines with crap about who he is playing with. http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/fireice/deboers_decision_to_split_up_jagr_and_zajac_doesnt_make_sense_to_jagr/
lemieuxReturns
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,221
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:00 pm

Re: Trade for JAgr

Postby relantel on Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:08 pm

I'll take Comeback III with a 48 year old over giving up an asset for Jagr. But both are snowball's chance in hell.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,207
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:24 am
Location: The card table

Re: Trade for JAgr

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy on Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:29 am

Kovy27 wrote:No. Too slow to fit in this system. Hope he rots in NJ.


That's a good thing though. When Letang stupidly turns the puck over, Jagr will be so far behind that he'll be in perfect defensive position.
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,575
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:18 pm
Location: you from the department of 'know what I'm saying"s?

Re: Trade for JAgr

Postby CERV96 on Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:06 am

Look kids! Big Ben!
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,656
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:49 am
Location: It's poop again!

Re: Trade for JAgr

Postby Nothing But Nedved on Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:57 pm

Jagr on a line with Geno and Neal. Jokinen up with Sid and Kunitz. Jagr and Malkin would be so sick together. Just look at the plays Jagr makes. His instincts and hands haven't degraded at all. He may not be fast but he's still incredibly nimble with the puck in tight spaces. Put him on Malkin's line and let them play a more east west European style. Plus Neal doesn't like to carry the puck so Jagr, although he'll do it slowly, can take some of the burden away from Geno occasionally.
Nothing But Nedved
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 181
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:20 pm

Next

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: jcgopens, the errey i breathe and 17 guests


e-mail