Last year at the trading deadline

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Last year at the trading deadline

Postby Big Easy Pens Fan on Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:08 pm

Apparently last year at the deadline (according to the broadcast crew from NBCSN on Wednesday) when the Pens were trying to gear up for the playoffs a lot of the GMs RS was speaking with were questioning about the availability of Olli Maatta. Either he already knew what he had or he realized from the interest in Maatta that he really had someone special. In any case, Matta was obviously not available. THANK GOODNESS! Now I may be a good ole southern boy from the Big Easy :roll:, with no local hockey team to follow, but I know enough about hockey to know, from game 1, that this guy, young though he may have been at the time, had IT. :thumb: And I don't think he will stop at one Norris Trophy during his career. :fist:

BEPF
Last edited by Big Easy Pens Fan on Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Big Easy Pens Fan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: Last year at the trading deadline

Postby guiner on Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:10 pm

I don't understand the coaches matching Orpik/Martin with Crosby and Geno. Then seeing Maatta/Nisky out there with Sutter and co. Happens far too much like this. Maatta/Nisky are awesome. Maatta is so cool, head up, no matter what the pressure and then puts the puck wherever it needs to be.
guiner
AHL'er
AHL'er

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins