Eddie O... which vet?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Eddie O... which vet?

Postby pittsports87 on Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:51 pm

no name wrote:I thought when LeClair left he walked away from his contract, which ment he could just leave the Pens without us paying him?? Like how Kovalchuk walked away from the Pens??

I was wrong he was released. wikipedia

Kovalchuk walked away from the Pens?? :shock:
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,497
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:44 am
Location: College

Re: Eddie O... which vet?

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:53 pm

pittsports87 wrote:
no name wrote:I thought when LeClair left he walked away from his contract, which ment he could just leave the Pens without us paying him?? Like how Kovalchuk walked away from the Pens??

I was wrong he was released. wikipedia

Kovalchuk walked away from the Pens?? :shock:


He hates Crosby.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,889
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:42 pm
Location: I'm sorry you feel that way

Re: Eddie O... which vet?

Postby Pitts on Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:26 pm

meecrofilm wrote:Image

:pop:

What, exactly, is Sid doing in that gif? He doesn't really appear to be goofing with LeClair. It's almost like he's telling to kiss off or something.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,899
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:22 am
Location: Working ....

Re: Eddie O... which vet?

Postby meecrofilm on Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:30 pm

My guess is:

A) Someone out of frame (from the other bench?) is saying something to him and he's leaning in to hear.

B) He knows LeClair doesn't like him and he doesn't like LeClair, and he's just trolling him, like "Hey.... hey, why don't you like me?"
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,624
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:09 pm
Location: Filly don't do rebounds.

Re: Eddie O... which vet?

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:45 pm

Maybe thats where Kennedy got it from.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,889
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:42 pm
Location: I'm sorry you feel that way

Re: Eddie O... which vet?

Postby mikey287 on Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:33 am

Pitts wrote:
meecrofilm wrote:Image

:pop:

What, exactly, is Sid doing in that gif? He doesn't really appear to be goofing with LeClair. It's almost like he's telling to kiss off or something.


My initial guess was there is a monitor between the benches (for Errey or whoever might be standing there...though I don't think they stuck Errey down there quite this early) and Sid is trying to see a replay of something...
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,101
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:40 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA - @MichaelFarkasHF

Re: Eddie O... which vet?

Postby Jim on Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:48 am

Crankshaft wrote:
Jim wrote:
Crankshaft wrote:
Jim wrote:I wonder if LeClair is at the top of "My worst signings" list for Craig Patrick...?


Really? The guy signed a two year deal at time with a cap average of $1.8 million. Very little risk.

Edit: Also want to add he had 22 goals and 55 points in the first year of that contract. Very good year given the circumstances.



But he was a cancer with a capital butthole and the relationship ended VERY poorly indeed.


So out of the 2 year contract, he played very well the first year and assisted in the development of Ryan Malone but his second season was cut short and he was easily disposed of given his contract wasn't that big of a deal. Considering this the worst signings for Craig Patrick is extremely dramatic.


It has nothing to do with the points he put up or the money. He was a cancer. He had a horrible attitude and probably hindered development of young players like Crosby. And if you think that me wondering if he is at the top of Patrick's worst signings list is "extremely dramatic"... that says a lot.
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,005
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:18 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Eddie O... which vet?

Postby Crankshaft on Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:58 am

Jim wrote:
Crankshaft wrote:
Jim wrote:
Crankshaft wrote:
Jim wrote:I wonder if LeClair is at the top of "My worst signings" list for Craig Patrick...?


Really? The guy signed a two year deal at time with a cap average of $1.8 million. Very little risk.

Edit: Also want to add he had 22 goals and 55 points in the first year of that contract. Very good year given the circumstances.



But he was a cancer with a capital butthole and the relationship ended VERY poorly indeed.


So out of the 2 year contract, he played very well the first year and assisted in the development of Ryan Malone but his second season was cut short and he was easily disposed of given his contract wasn't that big of a deal. Considering this the worst signings for Craig Patrick is extremely dramatic.


It has nothing to do with the points he put up or the money. He was a cancer. He had a horrible attitude and probably hindered development of young players like Crosby. And if you think that me wondering if he is at the top of Patrick's worst signings list is "extremely dramatic"... that says a lot.


I can't find anything about John LeClair being a "cancer". Sure, he wasn't happy with the second season when he was demoted to the 3rd line and eventually was sent through waivers and then through re-entry waivers, trying to get another NHL team to take a flier on him. Shero did more than he should have to try and get that guy back in the NHL.

I googled Sidney Crosby & John LeClair and found nothing. This is really all I can find about LeClair, other than his unhappiness with his role that 2nd year and being demoted....

Mark Recchi and Sidney Crosby will be assistant captains all year, while Leclair will act as one for all road games and Sergie Gonchar will be one at home. This is nice for Leclair, who lost the "A" to Crosby midway through last year when Michel Therrien came in as the new coach. "John LeClair did a fantastic job with the young kids last year, the last two months," Therrien said. "He was upbeat and is coming off a great training camp. We're a young team, so they rely a lot on those older guys, those experienced guys. Johnny has that respect with the players and coaching staff that we're looking for."


http://www.post-gazette.com/penguins/20 ... 0610050352

Malone fills many roles. A fourth-year pro, he scores goals, kills penalties, fights and rallies teammates in the locker room. He keeps a figurine of former Flyer and Penguin John LeClair in his locker. Malone credits LeClair's influence for making him a strong player around the net.

"John made a living by keeping the game simple and using his physical assets," Malone said.


http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories ... A6E2V.html
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,733
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 11:35 am

Re: Eddie O... which vet?

Postby JS© on Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:20 am

mikey287 wrote:
Pitts wrote:
meecrofilm wrote:Image

:pop:

What, exactly, is Sid doing in that gif? He doesn't really appear to be goofing with LeClair. It's almost like he's telling to kiss off or something.


My initial guess was there is a monitor between the benches (for Errey or whoever might be standing there...though I don't think they stuck Errey down there quite this early) and Sid is trying to see a replay of something...


Is eclair talking and stops once Sid bumps him?

here's a still of the opening frame, which would be near the spot where Errey would be standing (if he was indeed standing down there in 2005-06)

Image
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,938
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:52 am
Location: Trying to avoid the mumps.

Re: Eddie O... which vet?

Postby sil on Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:28 am

At first LeClair looks annoyed...and who wouldn't be. But keep watching it a few times. At the very end, when Sid motions even closer, look at LeClair's eyes. He suddenly looks like he's focusing on a screen or video replay as well...and both he and Sid look like their surprised or suddenly attentive to something they see.
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,119
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:05 pm
Location: the Juice Case manufacturing plant

Re: Eddie O... which vet?

Postby Jim on Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:35 am

Crankshaft wrote:I can't find anything about John LeClair being a "cancer". Sure, he wasn't happy with the second season when he was demoted to the 3rd line and eventually was sent through waivers and then through re-entry waivers, trying to get another NHL team to take a flier on him. Shero did more than he should have to try and get that guy back in the NHL.

I googled Sidney Crosby & John LeClair and found nothing. This is really all I can find about LeClair, other than his unhappiness with his role that 2nd year and being demoted....

Mark Recchi and Sidney Crosby will be assistant captains all year, while Leclair will act as one for all road games and Sergie Gonchar will be one at home. This is nice for Leclair, who lost the "A" to Crosby midway through last year when Michel Therrien came in as the new coach. "John LeClair did a fantastic job with the young kids last year, the last two months," Therrien said. "He was upbeat and is coming off a great training camp. We're a young team, so they rely a lot on those older guys, those experienced guys. Johnny has that respect with the players and coaching staff that we're looking for."


http://www.post-gazette.com/penguins/20 ... 0610050352

Malone fills many roles. A fourth-year pro, he scores goals, kills penalties, fights and rallies teammates in the locker room. He keeps a figurine of former Flyer and Penguin John LeClair in his locker. Malone credits LeClair's influence for making him a strong player around the net.

"John made a living by keeping the game simple and using his physical assets," Malone said.


http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories ... A6E2V.html



Okay Cranky... he was a great guy and a better signing. No one ever said anything to the press that wasn't true. Didn't mean to rag on your BFF. Good thing it's Valentine's Day!!! You two getting together? :fist:
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,005
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:18 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Eddie O... which vet?

Postby Crankshaft on Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:43 am

:roll: Sorry, Jim. Sorry to annoy you with my conversation. It was my understanding this was a discussion forum.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,733
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 11:35 am

Re: Eddie O... which vet?

Postby Dickie Dunn on Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:44 am

They were watching a replay in Errey's cube.
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,537
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:05 am

Re: Eddie O... which vet?

Postby shmenguin on Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:47 am

if it was game footage of leclair, i can see why he'd be so upset that it was being seen by anyone.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 23,621
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:34 pm

Re: Eddie O... which vet?

Postby sil on Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:35 am

shmenguin wrote:if it was game footage of leclair, i can see why he'd be so upset that it was being seen by anyone.


Sid while watching replay: "Wow, that guy sucks...who the hell was th.....oh (looking at LeClair), it was you."
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,119
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:05 pm
Location: the Juice Case manufacturing plant

Re: Eddie O... which vet?

Postby sil on Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:38 am

Crankshaft wrote:
Jim wrote:Okay Cranky... he was a great guy and a better signing. No one ever said anything to the press that wasn't true. Didn't mean to rag on your BFF. Good thing it's Valentine's Day!!! You two getting together? :fist:

:roll: Sorry, Jim. Sorry to annoy you with my conversation. It was my understanding this was a discussion forum.


Image
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,119
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:05 pm
Location: the Juice Case manufacturing plant

Re: Eddie O... which vet?

Postby JS© on Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:39 am

would explain the look on LeClair's face.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,938
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:52 am
Location: Trying to avoid the mumps.

Re: Eddie O... which vet?

Postby Shakes on Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:40 pm

sil wrote:At first LeClair looks annoyed...and who wouldn't be. But keep watching it a few times. At the very end, when Sid motions even closer, look at LeClair's eyes. He suddenly looks like he's focusing on a screen or video replay as well...and both he and Sid look like their surprised or suddenly attentive to something they see.


Dang. I think you're right.
Shakes
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,907
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:27 pm
Location: Rochester, NY

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Pens4Life and 8 guests


e-mail