Official Game Thread - Penguins vs. Islanders 10/19/06

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby Brode on Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:23 pm

Man, I can't get that here in Canda... They are blocking us canucks...

WINNIPEG IS A PART OF CANADA.
Brode

Postby NIN on Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:24 pm

saveourpens wrote:I don't recall Crosby being so confident with his slapshots or one timers. imo, it's obvious that he's feeding off of Malkin.

It would appear that the pressure of being the only trick for a one trick pony of a team is gone. He is going to go on a scoring streak of epic proportions this season, he and Malkin are going to click and it is going to be fun to watch.
NIN

Postby eastonpensfan on Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:24 pm

This is shocking stuff...

Pens are leading shots 15-10, faceoffs 12-10, and you get the feeling they should be leading by more than 1-0.
eastonpensfan
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby ziggo on Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:24 pm

Deb Kaufman is still on top of her game !!
ziggo
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby ShaPe on Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:25 pm

Brode wrote:
Man, I can't get that here in Canda... They are blocking us canucks...

WINNIPEG IS A PART OF CANADA.

brode, pm me and i'll send you a link so you can see the game;)
i'm in sweden and watching=)
You just need to know how to get around some of these internet constraints
ShaPe
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Ron` on Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:25 pm

eastonpensfan wrote:This is shocking stuff...

Pens are leading shots 15-10, faceoffs 12-10, and you get the feeling they should be leading by more than 1-0.
Like I said, a few good bounces next period, this game is over. Unless we go into the dump and trap mode.
Ron`
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Sigwolf on Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:26 pm

minimal wrote:Man, I can't get that here in Canda... They are blocking us canucks...

Crap. And no radio feed!!! ARGH!!!!!!

Now that sucks, but believe me, I know what it's like to have Pens games unfairly blacked out. I have Center Ice, and my idiot cable company blacks out the Pens even though I am only in the Columbus blackout sphere.

Anyway, can't you get the radio feed from NHL.com's NHL radio link, or is that blocked to Canada, as well?
Sigwolf
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby NIN on Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:27 pm

Brode wrote:We can't have Malkin and Crosby playing together, except on the powerplay. Ekman, Malone and Colby played 12 minutes in total, while Recchi, Crosby and Malk had 21. We had alot of powerplay time, but still. Our second line needs more than 12 minutes a game, and they would be much better with Malkin there.

I hate to break it too all off you but Malkin and Crosby are ALWAYS GOING TO SHARE THE ICE TOGETHER. When you need a goal you put your best players out there to get it, Malkin or Corsby moving to wing IS NOT A BIG DEAL. It just isn't even an issue for players that good and most other players as well. They want to be out there when the game is on the line and they wont be happy if they are not out there when the game is on the line. It is simply an impossibility to even consider benching one of those guys when you NEED THAT GOAL. Get used to it.
NIN

Postby skullman80 on Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:28 pm

I have no problem putting Malkin and Crosby out there together on occasion, even if we aren't down a goal.

They click, and they are dominant.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby scals37 on Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:29 pm

look at the resilience of errey.. lol they had no contact with the producer and he still cool under pressure :lol:
scals37
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Rychster on Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:29 pm

Say what you want about Staal but the guy has closing speed IMO. He not only catches up to guys to take the puck away, he can explode to separate. What is with this "slow" guy talk on this MB?

Sure, he WILL get faster and stronger but he can hold his own NOW!
Rychster
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Brode on Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:30 pm

When you need a goal you put your best players out there

Who disagreed with this? At what point is "when you need a goal"? I would consider those times to be powerplay, and last 5 minutes desperation. You do not put them together for even strength of the first period. that's just retarded.

They want to be out there when the game is on the line

IT'S THE FIRST PERIOD.

It is simply an impossibility to even consider benching one of those guys when you NEED THAT GOAL.

IT'S THE FIRST PERIOD. And BENCHING? Yeah, I sure said that we should bench Malkin. Jesus tap dancer.
Brode

Postby Ron` on Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:31 pm

Rychster wrote:Say what you want about Staal but the guy has closing speed IMO. He not only catches up to guys to take the puck away, he can explode to separate. What is with this "slow" guy talk on this MB?

I must have missed something... Staal is fine and he will only get better with those long strides.
Ron`
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Rychster on Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:32 pm

NIN wrote:
Brode wrote:We can't have Malkin and Crosby playing together, except on the powerplay. Ekman, Malone and Colby played 12 minutes in total, while Recchi, Crosby and Malk had 21. We had alot of powerplay time, but still. Our second line needs more than 12 minutes a game, and they would be much better with Malkin there.

I hate to break it too all off you but Malkin and Crosby are ALWAYS GOING TO SHARE THE ICE TOGETHER. When you need a goal you put your best players out there to get it, Malkin or Corsby moving to wing IS NOT A BIG DEAL. It just isn't even an issue for players that good and most other players as well. They want to be out there when the game is on the line and they wont be happy if they are not out there when the game is on the line. It is simply an impossibility to even consider benching one of those guys when you NEED THAT GOAL. Get used to it.

I have no idea why this is even a question to Therrien. OF COURSE they will be on the ice when we most need them. No friggin brainer! :shock: :wink:
Rychster
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby scals37 on Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:33 pm

crosby looks 100% better tonight... 5 shots by himself already
scals37
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Rychster on Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:33 pm

Ron` wrote:
Rychster wrote:Say what you want about Staal but the guy has closing speed IMO. He not only catches up to guys to take the puck away, he can explode to separate. What is with this "slow" guy talk on this MB?

I must have missed something... Staal is fine and he will only get better with those long strides.

Many on this board think he can't out pace a cockroach.
Rychster
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Ron` on Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:34 pm

Brode wrote:

Who disagreed with this? At what point is "when you need a goal"? I would consider those times to be powerplay, and last 5 minutes desperation. You do not put them together for even strength of the first period. that's just retarded.

IT'S THE FIRST PERIOD.

It is simply an impossibility to even consider benching one of those guys when you NEED THAT GOAL.

IT'S THE FIRST PERIOD. And BENCHING? Yeah, I sure said that we should bench Malkin. Jesus tap dancer.
Wow, you need a drink, relax your overreacting to his comments I think, just my opinion. Don't like what he said, ok, but think a bit before you get your blood pressure up. Sometimes the context is lost, and easily in a game thread.
Ron`
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby NIN on Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:34 pm

Yeah his first push is going to continue to get more and more powerful. It's only a matter of time with that player...
NIN

Postby skullman80 on Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:35 pm

Brode wrote:

IT'S THE FIRST PERIOD.

I don't see the big deal of putting them out there for an occasional shift together during the early parts of the game is a big deal at all.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Ron` on Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:35 pm

NIN wrote:

Yeah his first push is going to continue to get more and more powerful. It's only a matter of time with that player...
Agree, you can see the power in that frame.
Ron`
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby yeltzen on Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:36 pm

Wow look how much LeClair sucks when he's playing in the kind of role he's supposed to. :roll:
yeltzen

Postby Brode on Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:36 pm

Wow, you need a drink, relax your overreacting to his comments I think, just my opinion. Don't like what he said, ok, but think a bit before you get your blood pressure up. Sometimes the context is lost, and easily in a game thread.

I don't think you understand that YAHOO WON'T LET ME WATCH THIS GAME.
Brode

Postby Ron` on Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:37 pm

Brode wrote:

I don't think you understand that YAHOO WON'T LET ME WATCH THIS GAME.
Brode I feel for you, but "DON"T TRUST THE INTERNET" if you love hockey.
Ron`
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby NIN on Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:39 pm

Ron` wrote:
Brode wrote:

IT'S THE FIRST PERIOD.

yeah they are going to play together in the first period too, get used to that too. Even if they add acouple of good wingers they will still put them out there at times at every point in the game. It's called stacking a line and every team has a curveball like that. There isn't a team in the world that does'nt change their lines around. Balance is great but you need to remmebr that the whole object is to WIN THE GAME not be the most balanced line combo. They don't give out points for having balanced lines.
NIN

Postby Corban87 on Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:40 pm

Eckman whoooooooo!!!!!
Corban87

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins