Official Game Thread - Penguins vs. Islanders 10/19/06

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby NIN on Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:05 pm

netwolf wrote:I've seen more agression in 12 minutes than I did all of last night. This is a good thing.


Compared to the Devils this team is a complete joke. With Fleury in net I would be taking risks too.
NIN
 

Postby Peter on Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:05 pm

I wish they could wear these white uniforms at home :(
Peter
 

Postby netwolf on Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:06 pm

Good PK work by Scuderi so far.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,346
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:04 am

Postby yeltzen on Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:06 pm

Where's Bowser for that slick little play by Fleury?
yeltzen
 

Postby Ron` on Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:07 pm

Peter wrote:I've been playing Mortal Kombat Armageddon non stop in my freetime. Well that and watching star trek.
Peter, there is more to life than lesson plans and video....
Ron`
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,037
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:58 pm
Location: Central PA

Postby yeltzen on Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:07 pm

WTF is our PK doing?
yeltzen
 

Postby Ron` on Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:07 pm

NIN wrote:
netwolf wrote:I've seen more agression in 12 minutes than I did all of last night. This is a good thing.


Compared to the Devils this team is a complete joke. With Fleury in net I would be taking risks too.

Don't underestimate the Isle's russian line, they can light it up if you let them.
Last edited by Ron` on Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ron`
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,037
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:58 pm
Location: Central PA

Postby netwolf on Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:08 pm

Melichar just saved a goal....
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,346
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:04 am

Postby eastonpensfan on Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:08 pm

Fleury is a different goalie than he was last year, positionally and fundamentally. WOW!
eastonpensfan
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,441
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:19 pm
Location: on the Professional Noodling Tour

Postby NIN on Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:08 pm

Melichar looking strong and even mobile out there tonight. maybe he finally took those 50lb. ankle weights off???
NIN
 

Postby eastonpensfan on Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:09 pm

Nice keep in by Gonch to prevent the breakaway.
eastonpensfan
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,441
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:19 pm
Location: on the Professional Noodling Tour

Postby NIN on Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:09 pm

Ron` wrote:
NIN wrote:
netwolf wrote:I've seen more agression in 12 minutes than I did all of last night. This is a good thing.


Compared to the Devils this team is a complete joke. With Fleury in net I would be taking risks too.

Don't underestimate the Isle's russian line, they can light it up if you let them.


They could'nt light a bong with a blow torch and a dumpster full of matches.
NIN
 

Postby Ron` on Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:10 pm

eastonpensfan wrote:Fleury is a different goalie than he was last year, positionally and fundamentally. WOW!
Agree, let's hope he builds on this, I like it. Sure of his positioning and holding his ground alot better. Let the reflexes take over when the chaos begins, ala Hasek.
Ron`
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,037
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:58 pm
Location: Central PA

Postby Ron` on Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:10 pm

NIN wrote:
Ron` wrote:
NIN wrote:
netwolf wrote:I've seen more agression in 12 minutes than I did all of last night. This is a good thing.


Compared to the Devils this team is a complete joke. With Fleury in net I would be taking risks too.

Don't underestimate the Isle's russian line, they can light it up if you let them.


They could'nt light a bong with a blow torch and a dumpster full of matches.
OK, fear it though, they will burn you without the torch.
Ron`
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,037
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:58 pm
Location: Central PA

Postby Sigwolf on Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:10 pm

For those of us stuck watching the internet feed... the NHL com Pens radio feed is working fine and in sync with the video. You can mute the Islanders weenies and listen to Lange. :lol:
Sigwolf
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,305
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:10 pm
Location: north central Ohio

Postby Brode on Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:12 pm

Internet feed? HOOK A BROTHER UP.
Brode
 

Postby yeltzen on Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:14 pm

Another SH chance for Colby. I swear he gets one every night.
yeltzen
 

Postby Ron` on Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:16 pm

15 shots on goal, I say a few good bounces this game is over next period.
Ron`
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,037
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:58 pm
Location: Central PA

Postby Sigwolf on Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:16 pm

Brode wrote:Internet feed? HOOK A BROTHER UP.


Brode, just go to Yahoo.com sports. There's a link to "Watch Live". Small, but very good quality and completely smooth.
Sigwolf
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,305
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:10 pm
Location: north central Ohio

Postby minimal on Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:19 pm

Sigwolf wrote:
Brode wrote:Internet feed? HOOK A BROTHER UP.


Brode, just go to Yahoo.com sports. There's a link to "Watch Live". Small, but very good quality and completely smooth.


Man, I can't get that here in Canda... They are blocking us canucks...

Crap. And no radio feed!!! ARGH!!!!!!
minimal
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 511
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:31 pm
Location: Calgary

Postby saveourpens on Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:19 pm

I don't recall Crosby being so confident with his slapshots or one timers. imo, it's obvious that he's feeding off of Malkin.
saveourpens
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 787
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:34 am
Location: Pittsburgh

Postby Brode on Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:20 pm

We can't have Malkin and Crosby playing together, except on the powerplay. Ekman, Malone and Colby played 12 minutes in total, while Recchi, Crosby and Malk had 21. We had alot of powerplay time, but still. Our second line needs more than 12 minutes a game, and they would be much better with Malkin there.
Brode
 

Postby ShaPe on Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:20 pm

Sigwolf wrote:
Brode wrote:Internet feed? HOOK A BROTHER UP.


Brode, just go to Yahoo.com sports. There's a link to "Watch Live". Small, but very good quality and completely smooth.


small and small, i'm watching with the 1200 feed. Have full screen and its perfect.
ShaPe
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 836
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:32 pm
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

Postby Corban87 on Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:21 pm

saveourpens wrote:I don't recall Crosby being so confident with his slapshots or one timers. imo, it's obvious that he's feeding off of Malkin.


Yep, and you know Sid will bring the best out of Malkin as well!

:shock:
Corban87
 

Postby Ron` on Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:23 pm

Good for you ShaPe, glad you can enjoy it. This league really needs to open up the availability of the feeds, build the base.
Ron`
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,037
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:58 pm
Location: Central PA

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Steve Dave, topshelf and 16 guests

e-mail