Beau Brittle Has Another Owie

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Beau Brittle Has Another Owie

Postby DelPen on Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:31 pm

Kunitz-Crosby-Stempniak
Jokinen-Malkin-Neal
Bennett-Sutter-Megna
Glass-Goc-Adams
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 33,502
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Re: Beau Brittle Has Another Owie

Postby Jim on Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:10 pm

Penspal wrote:Shelly Anderson @pgshelly

Bennett smiled and said his wrist injury was fluky and he doubts the public will ever know the details. #Penguins

FWIW


Was he counting his career NHL goals? "One, two, three, fouSNAP!!!! ARRRGGHHH!!!"
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,603
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:18 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Beau Brittle Has Another Owie

Postby Crankshaft on Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:16 pm

Jim wrote:
Penspal wrote:Shelly Anderson @pgshelly

Bennett smiled and said his wrist injury was fluky and he doubts the public will ever know the details. #Penguins

FWIW


Was he counting his career NHL goals? "One, two, three, fouSNAP!!!! ARRRGGHHH!!!"


Lol you sound so incredibly bitter
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,027
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 12:35 pm

Re: Beau Brittle Has Another Owie

Postby MarioLives on Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:32 pm

A lonely night at the Bennett house, free cinamax, and a youthful energy. Sometimes wrist injuries happen....
MarioLives
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,462
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:30 pm

Re: Beau Brittle Has Another Owie

Postby dodint on Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:34 pm

lol, I was going to post that he tried The Stranger and did it wrong. Couldn't figure out how to do it tactfully, but well, there you have it.
dodint
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,519
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:57 am
Location: 975.6

Re: Beau Brittle Has Another Owie

Postby MarioLives on Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:45 pm

dodint wrote:lol, I was going to post that he tried The Stranger and did it wrong. Couldn't figure out how to do it tactfully, but well, there you have it.


That is hilarious..... Forgot all about the stranger..... Says the dirty Sanchez......
MarioLives
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,462
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:30 pm

Re: Beau Brittle Has Another Owie

Postby Penspal on Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:41 am

“The first wrist injury, I got stepped on by a hockey skate,” he said. “This wrist injury was extremely fluky. [The public] doesn’t really know the extent of it, and you probably never will know.”

LGP is not equal to [The Public]. This goes back to a ridiculous earlier post where it was claimed to be from a shot.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/penguins/2014/03/18/Penguins-have-many-happy-returns-at-practice/stories/201403180053#ixzz2wJiT5QHq
Penspal
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,415
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:12 am
Location: dark recesses of Sid's brain

Re: Beau Brittle Has Another Owie

Postby sil on Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:43 am

Crankshaft wrote:
Jim wrote:
Penspal wrote:Shelly Anderson @pgshelly

Bennett smiled and said his wrist injury was fluky and he doubts the public will ever know the details. #Penguins

FWIW


Was he counting his career NHL goals? "One, two, three, fouSNAP!!!! ARRRGGHHH!!!"


Lol you sound so incredibly bitter


Yeah, it wouldn't have sounded so bad had Jim actually made a real attempt at humor instead of pushing his agenda and disguising it with something that really wasn't funny at all.
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,861
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:05 pm
Location: the Juice Case manufacturing plant

Re: Beau Brittle Has Another Owie

Postby Bioshock on Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:10 am

sil wrote:
Crankshaft wrote:
Jim wrote:
Penspal wrote:Shelly Anderson @pgshelly

Bennett smiled and said his wrist injury was fluky and he doubts the public will ever know the details. #Penguins

FWIW


Was he counting his career NHL goals? "One, two, three, fouSNAP!!!! ARRRGGHHH!!!"


Lol you sound so incredibly bitter


Yeah, it wouldn't have sounded so bad had Jim actually made a real attempt at humor instead of pushing his agenda and disguising it with something that really wasn't funny at all.


Wow... no kidding. Bitter...
Bioshock
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,763
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:55 pm
Location: Mt. Lebanon

Re: Beau Brittle Has Another Owie

Postby thehockeyguru on Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:08 pm

I think someone could make an argument that when Bennett gets back that he should play with Malkin and Neal. That line has been flat as of late and could use a change, IMO. Move Jokinen to the 3rd line with Sutter and potentially Goc.
thehockeyguru
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,214
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:43 pm
Location: I'm 30 minutes away, I'll be there in 10.

Re: Beau Brittle Has Another Owie

Postby MarioLives on Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:28 pm

thehockeyguru wrote:I think someone could make an argument that when Bennett gets back that he should play with Malkin and Neal. That line has been flat as of late and could use a change, IMO. Move Jokinen to the 3rd line with Sutter and potentially Goc.


I think he should play on the 3rd line until he gets his feet under him. No use messing with the 2nd line when he will probably be hurt again in a few games..... ;)
MarioLives
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,462
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:30 pm

Re: Beau Brittle Has Another Owie

Postby iceolater on Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:58 pm

DelPen wrote:Kunitz-Crosby-Stempniak
Jokinen-Malkin-Neal
Bennett-Sutter-Megna
Glass-Goc-Adams



I would want the 4th line to be:

Glass - Goc - Vitale

Adams needs to go.
iceolater
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 230
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:22 am

Re: Beau Brittle Has Another Owie

Postby Great58 on Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:06 pm

thehockeyguru wrote:I think someone could make an argument that when Bennett gets back that he should play with Malkin and Neal. That line has been flat as of late and could use a change, IMO. Move Jokinen to the 3rd line with Sutter and potentially Goc.

I never felt he meshed well with the Geno-Neal line. But it seems so long ago, who knows?
Great58
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,583
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:56 pm
Location: On the blue line

Re: Beau Brittle Has Another Owie

Postby MRandall25 on Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:19 pm

If you must put Bennett in the lineup:

14-87-22
36-71-18
15-57-46/19
27-16-49/19/46/5

I don't think he's done anything in the time he's been healthy to immediately deserve a spot in the top 6, especially since our top 6 plays well with each other. The only question is if you put him with Goc or Sutter, and who fills that spot on the other line.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,846
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: Beau Brittle Has Another Owie

Postby Pitts on Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:40 pm

Every time this thread gets bumped I think Beau Brittle Has Another Owie.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,541
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:22 am
Location: Working ....

Re: Beau Brittle Has Another Owie

Postby dodint on Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:41 pm

You don't know that he hasn't.
dodint
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,519
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:57 am
Location: 975.6

Re: Beau Brittle Has Another Owie

Postby Pitts on Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:44 pm

'tis true ...
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,541
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:22 am
Location: Working ....

Re: Beau Brittle Has Another Owie

Postby jimjom on Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:15 am

Hope he doesn't get an infection from a cuticle cut during his next mani-pedi
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,849
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:34 pm
Location: Presto

Re: Beau Brittle Has Another Owie

Postby Luckybreak on Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:02 am

Wow, I really don't get why it is suddenly cool to make fun of someone's injuries. Not sure what Beau did to encourage so many personal attacks, he is far from the only Pen to have suffered multiple injuries but is the only one who has a thread tearing him to bits.

It sounds as though some of the posters on here have adamantium reinforced skeletons or superhuman regenerative powers and can't believe the fragility of this puny mortal being. How about growing up and showing some support - accidents happen and serious injuries shouldn't be a reason to criticise a person - God forbid anything ever happens to you.
Luckybreak
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 808
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:57 am
Location: Ash UK

Re: Beau Brittle Has Another Owie

Postby columbia on Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:03 am

Luckybreak wrote:Wow, I really don't get why it is suddenly cool to make fun of someone's injuries. Not sure what Beau did to encourage so many personal attacks, he is far from the only Pen to have suffered multiple injuries but is the only one who has a thread tearing him to bits.

It sounds as though some of the posters on here have adamantium reinforced skeletons or superhuman regenerative powers and can't believe the fragility of this puny mortal being. How about growing up and showing some support - accidents happen and serious injuries shouldn't be a reason to criticise a person - God forbid anything ever happens to you.


:thumb:
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 46,325
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:13 am

Re: Beau Brittle Has Another Owie

Postby dodint on Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:12 am

If half the community didn't put him on such a pedestal the other half wouldn't be trying to knock him off of it.

Usually it's what have you done for me lately, with BB it's what have you done for me ever, but for some reason he gets a huge pass and is treated like the cure all to the teams lack of depth.

I make fun of him because I win either way. If he comes back and lights the ice on fire, I win as a fan. If he breaks a nail and goes on LTIR, I win as a snarkist. ;)
dodint
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,519
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:57 am
Location: 975.6

Re: Beau Brittle Has Another Owie

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:15 am

If he is being put on a pedestal, being put on a pedestal doesnt mean much. Hes the only legitimately talented forward prospect theyve had in a while, so people wantto see if he pans out.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 52,244
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: Beau Brittle Has Another Owie

Postby dodint on Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:17 am

So do I, but I'm not banking on it.
dodint
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,519
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:57 am
Location: 975.6

Re: Beau Brittle Has Another Owie

Postby lemieuxReturns on Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:26 am

Does anyone have anything to say in a snarky way about something he should possibly drink more of? Perhaps say ... something trademarked?




anyone?
lemieuxReturns
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,130
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:00 pm

Re: Beau Brittle Has Another Owie

Postby Pitts on Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:33 am

Luckybreak wrote:It sounds as though some of the posters on here have adamantium reinforced skeletons or superhuman regenerative powers and can't believe the fragility of this puny mortal being.

Why, yes, in fact I do. Don't we all?
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,541
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:22 am
Location: Working ....

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dickie Dunn, Hugo Stiglitz, meow, offsides, Sigwolf and 10 guests

e-mail