4/9/14 Red Wings v. Penguins- Official Game Thread

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: 4/9/14 Red Wings v. Penguins- Official Game Thread

Postby The Snapshot on Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:36 pm

Jesse wrote:
Crankshaft wrote:
Jesse wrote:Last night ought to dispel the myth that Bylsma can't adjust. Good to see we've got people still complaining about that.

The entire breakout changed once Detroit rolled out the 2-3 neutral zone trap. I saw the Penguins The Penguins cut into it better than they did at any point in the year. Bylsma tried it himself later in the game but sadly the Wings turned it up, went out of the trap, and started pressing offensively where they exposed Scuderi and the 4th line once again.

The Penguins ran their breakout from deep in their own end with puck support to boot. No stretch pass unless the opportunity presented itself.

Yea but what about Craig Adams?

He isn't very good. Neither is Adam Payerl.

Adams is god-awful bad. He has zero ability left, and he never has much to begin with. If you notice the Penguins bottled up in their own end for the most part you will see Craig Adams at center. His skating had gotten to the level of atrocious. He has had any number of wingers on the 4th line with him, and invariably that line cannot get out of their own end.

I understand that we have other 4th line issues on wing. I get that he is not playing with the best 4th line wingers in the game, but the bottom line is that he cannot handle the defensive and offensive responsibilities of a 4th line center.
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Crankshaft on Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:09 pm

The Snapshot wrote:
Jesse wrote:
Crankshaft wrote:
Jesse wrote:Last night ought to dispel the myth that Bylsma can't adjust. Good to see we've got people still complaining about that.

The entire breakout changed once Detroit rolled out the 2-3 neutral zone trap. I saw the Penguins The Penguins cut into it better than they did at any point in the year. Bylsma tried it himself later in the game but sadly the Wings turned it up, went out of the trap, and started pressing offensively where they exposed Scuderi and the 4th line once again.

The Penguins ran their breakout from deep in their own end with puck support to boot. No stretch pass unless the opportunity presented itself.

Yea but what about Craig Adams?

He isn't very good. Neither is Adam Payerl.

Adams is god-awful bad. He has zero ability left, and he never has much to begin with. If you notice the Penguins bottled up in their own end for the most part you will see Craig Adams at center. His skating had gotten to the level of atrocious. He has had any number of wingers on the 4th line with him, and invariably that line cannot get out of their own end.

I understand that we have other 4th line issues on wing. I get that he is not playing with the best 4th line wingers in the game, but the bottom line is that he cannot handle the defensive and offensive responsibilities of a 4th line center.

Yea! Adams SUCKS!
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:25 pm

Babcock is a master s-disturber. Already mentioning how the Penguins are talking to the refs, setting the stage for the playoffs. What a pro.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins