The U wrote:- It has become increasingly noticeable that everybody we play has a gameplan to hit/harass/bother Crosby and Malkin. Do we ever have a plan to make life difficult on the opposing team's star players? It gets old watching our star players have to battle through so much and other team's stars get a free ride. Obviously I'm not just talking about last night, I'm talking about all year. I guess we don't have the personnel to get in people's faces or agitate but I'd like to see the table's turned some day.
- Pyatt and Adams are too slow to get to loose pucks. When they are on the ice together the other team is basically being given a PP. Their shift in the 3rd period gave Detroit tons of momentum and turned the game around IMO. An pretty evenly played 3rd period turned into a shooting gallery/hornets nest after their shift.
- Neither Adams nor Pyatt would dress for any other playoff team in either Conference. The fact that they BOTH dress for our squad every night is a sad state of affairs. Engelland and Megna are both better options on a nightly basis.
- Adams will dress every night in the playoffs, guaranteed. Bylsma has promised to keep him in the lineup to help him continue his active games played streak. Helping Adams reach that personal goal seems to be more important than dressing the best possible lineup each night. Adams kills the 4th line. Pyatt and Adams together is the worst line in the NHL. With Bylsma's job on the line in Round 1 of the playoffs, it is utterly unimaginable that he's OK putting his job, his salary, his employment, his career on the line by refusing to dress the best 12 forwards each night.
- There is a huge thread dedicated to coaching and Bylsma's issues. Should #1 on the list be the fact that the Head Coach of the Pittsburgh Penguins refuses to dress the team's best possible lineup every night? Forget matchups, motivational issues, holding players accountable, systems, strategy, etc....the fact of the matter is that the Pens are at a disadvantage before the opening puck drop.
- Complaining about Pyatt and Adams is not nitpicking. Some say "he only plays on line 4" or "he won't decide the outcomes of games, it's all on Sid, Geno, etc..." You are wrong. Bylsma is seemingly OK with PUNTING or handing the other team a PP every time he puts our 4th line out on the ice. He is seemingly OK with 25% of our forward units being a complete drag on the rest of the team. How could this be? How could Shero not step in and demand change on line 4? Does the rest of the team/organization get Rings if Craig Adams sets a Penguin record with his consecutive games played streak? It seems like that goal is more important right now than putting the best 18 skaters on the ice. Maybe we can raise a banner when the season is over for Adams.
- My Adams "hate" is because his presence destroys the entire 4th line. If he didn't drag down an entire line with him, I could stomach him being in the lineup. He will absolutely drag down a Vitale/Megna/Gibbons - Goc - Adams line in the postseason all by himself. He'll also drag down an entire PK unit with failed clears and an inability to retrieve loose pucks.
I'm glad there's other people here that get it. It's dead weight. The best part is: Mega, Harry Z, Vitale, Payerl, etc all these young guys should be playing over Adams, Pyatt