OFFICIAL PLAYOFF GDT: PENS v. NYR - 5.4.14

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Will the Pens win tonite?

Yes.
24%
Yes.
20%
Yes.
20%
Yes.
19%
Yes.
18%

Total votes : 96

Re: OFFICIAL PLAYOFF GDT: PENS v. NYR - 5.4.14

Postby Desiato on Sun May 04, 2014 11:01 pm

RxBandit66 wrote:Whatever was wrong with Sid before appears to not be a problem now...at some point the puck will start going in for him. The Pens will need that to happen as they go deeper into the playoffs with each game.

Credit the PK effort early on in the game. Gibbons made a difference out there. Rags look tired.

He still didn't look 100% to me. But he may have played 100% better.

He reminded me of how Mario or Jagr would look after some kind of publicized successful back/groin treatment.
Desiato
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Lt. Dish on Sun May 04, 2014 11:03 pm

The U wrote:As mentioned above, there is a reward for finishing a series quickly. You get rest. The Rangers lost game 6 when they had a chance to put the series away. They would have been plenty rested. If we had gone 7 games with CBJ we would be facing the same issue. We got the extra day or so thanks to finishing up in six. This is happening in the NBA playoffs as well, and those starters play a lot more minutes per game than NHL players.

Qu'est-ce gue c'est?

:wink:
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby The U on Sun May 04, 2014 11:03 pm

Desiato wrote:
RxBandit66 wrote:Whatever was wrong with Sid before appears to not be a problem now...at some point the puck will start going in for him. The Pens will need that to happen as they go deeper into the playoffs with each game.

Credit the PK effort early on in the game. Gibbons made a difference out there. Rags look tired.

He reminded me of how Mario or Jagr would look after some kind of publicized successful back/groin treatment.

I think Jagr had a groin injury in 75% of the penguin playoff games he played in his career. Him dressing every night was always touch and go.
The U
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Lt. Dish on Sun May 04, 2014 11:03 pm

Desiato wrote:

The return of the magic compression shorts?!
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Desiato on Sun May 04, 2014 11:13 pm

Lt. Dish wrote:
Desiato wrote:

And the custom Nike skates.

If you guys think these Pens are slackers.. Mario smoked in his teens, stayed out late with strippers, skipped practice and didn't start working out until the end of his career...
Desiato
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby sniper on Sun May 04, 2014 11:16 pm

luv66 wrote:
Crankshaft wrote:Letang is back.

He's looked good the last couple of games as far I can remember and this was his best PO game yet.

He's looked good when he isn't with Scuderi. Scuderi looks better with Bortuzzo. I actually didn't notice him much this game, which is a good thing.
sniper
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Rocco on Sun May 04, 2014 11:25 pm

Lt. Dish wrote:
The U wrote:As mentioned above, there is a reward for finishing a series quickly. You get rest. The Rangers lost game 6 when they had a chance to put the series away. They would have been plenty rested. If we had gone 7 games with CBJ we would be facing the same issue. We got the extra day or so thanks to finishing up in six. This is happening in the NBA playoffs as well, and those starters play a lot more minutes per game than NHL players.

Qu'est-ce gue c'est?

Fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa far better?
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby MRandall25 on Sun May 04, 2014 11:28 pm

slappybrown wrote:let us go pens
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby stopper40 on Sun May 04, 2014 11:40 pm

Desiato wrote:
Lt. Dish wrote:
Desiato wrote:

And the custom Nike skates.

If you guys think these Pens are slackers.. Mario smoked in his teens, stayed out late with strippers, skipped practice and didn't start working out until the end of his career...

If you think these guys don't stay out late with strippers
stopper40
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy on Sun May 04, 2014 11:58 pm

What a great, well played game. Fought through terrible calls and looked like the better team for 60 minutes straight.

This is a game cup contenders play.
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Location: you from the department of 'know what I'm saying"s?

Postby ulf on Mon May 05, 2014 12:27 am

That was encouraging. Best playoff game they've played in the past 4 years.
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Lt. Dish on Mon May 05, 2014 1:13 am

Rocco wrote:
Lt. Dish wrote:

Qu'est-ce gue c'est?

Fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa far better?

Run, run, run, run...run awayyyyy. Talking Heads F. T. W. :D

Yeah, like Vitale, my hands can't keep up with my speed. I typed a "g" instead of a "q" in "que."
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby DocEmrick on Mon May 05, 2014 5:16 am

Completely different team than what we have seen for 7+ games of post-season play.
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Cedar Penn on Mon May 05, 2014 5:26 am

I hope the Pens can keep up this intensity for the rest of the playoffs. If they do, got a real chance at the Cup. Because, the team has the talent to go all the way. Just need the passion, grit, and desire. Proud of our boys last night. Great effort!

Crosby had his best game in ages despite getting no points. Letang played incredible. Gibbons, Maatta were terrific. Nash looks like a bloated Elvis in a Rangers suit. Fleury was outstanding. The only downside were the early penalty troubles. But, this was the best playoff game by the Penguins I can remember in quite some time. A solid 60 minute effort. The Pens looked hungry. The Rangers looked like a tired worn out team. Lunquist kept them in it for a while. This game? Just what the doctor ordered :thumb:
Cedar Penn
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby columbia on Mon May 05, 2014 6:25 am

Gaucho wrote:Umbrella.

Will someone please get this man a new umbrella.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Postby Gaucho on Mon May 05, 2014 7:07 am

columbia wrote:
Gaucho wrote:Umbrella.

Will someone please get this man a new umbrella.

Please.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby rgj on Mon May 05, 2014 7:09 am

BRAVO PENS, BRAVO!!!
rgj
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby darkstar57 on Mon May 05, 2014 7:18 am

The tenacity Geno showed on his EN goal, racing to the puck and winning the battle like that is the same one he showed during the cup runs. If him and crosby play like this the rest of the playoffs, watch out.

Also, i think our lines are better when Geno and Sid play together. Neal- Sutter- Joiken are playing great, same for Stemp-GoC and Bennett, heck even the 4th line was great last night, the killed like 45 seconds at the end of the game in the rangers zone with the cycle
darkstar57
AHL'er
AHL'er

Location: A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish

Postby Cedar Penn on Mon May 05, 2014 7:22 am

darkstar57 wrote:The tenacity Geno showed on his EN goal, racing to the puck and winning the battle like that is the same one he showed during the cup runs. If him and crosby play like this the rest of the playoffs, watch out.

Also, i think our lines are better when Geno and Sid play together. Neal- Sutter- Joiken are playing great, same for Stemp-GoC and Bennett, heck even the 4th line was great last night, the killed like 45 seconds at the end of the game in the rangers zone with the cycle

And, how about Letang's diving effort in the Pens zone to clear that puck down the ice to set up Malkin's empty netter?
Cedar Penn
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Big Easy Pens Fan on Mon May 05, 2014 7:57 am

MalkinIsMyHomeboy wrote:What a great, well played game. Fought through terrible calls and looked like the better team for 60 minutes straight.

This is a game cup contenders play.

BINGO!!!

BEPF
Big Easy Pens Fan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Big Easy Pens Fan on Mon May 05, 2014 8:00 am

ulf wrote:That was encouraging. Best playoff game they've played in the past 4 years.

BINGO...pt 2!!!

BEPF
Big Easy Pens Fan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Humperdink on Mon May 05, 2014 8:12 am

The 84 voters that participated in Slappy's poll were 100% correct. Let me repeat - 100%. That would be all of them.

Pens fans know their hockey.
Last edited by Humperdink on Mon May 05, 2014 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Humperdink
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Beveridge on Mon May 05, 2014 8:12 am

re: Letang

I think this comment back on April 4 sums it up best.

Jesse wrote:I don't care if its something we can never understand, Paul Martin is a wizard and I love it.
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Big Easy Pens Fan on Mon May 05, 2014 8:19 am

Where has this Pens team been? Haven't seen it in a while.

-Best effort in forever.
-Glad to see Gibbons back. He like Crosby, didn't score, but he made a difference.
-Team didn't "sit back" in the 3rd. I waited for that to happen, but it never did. :)
-These 4 lines worked well together. Even Zatkoff looked good. :lol: Keep 'em together for as long as they play like this...and stay healthy.
-We noticed Letang...for tall the right reasons.

BEPF
Big Easy Pens Fan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby RxBandit66 on Mon May 05, 2014 8:27 am

I'm glad that Glass was scratched. That guy had about a dozen good games at the beginning of this season. He was garbage last year and was not good after coming back from his injury this year. The team proved that they can play a physical game without him in the lineup. Maybe he gets back in there tonight, but for who? I wouldn't make any changes to the lineup after last night's win, unless an injury dictated it.

The good news: the Pens have played 3 excellent games out of the last 4. If they keep up that pace, it bodes well for them winning a best of 7.
RxBandit66
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins