crosby just may be

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: crosby just may be

Postby Eismann on Mon May 12, 2014 8:38 pm

pens_srq wrote:Sid and Geno are definitely both capable of going mental during a big game and failing. But they have also both had big games where they didn't lose it. I think that for whatever reason you want to pick, the fans and particularly the arena crowd are not optimistic. It shows and when the arena goes silent because of a slip up the crowd amplifies the feeling and makes it 100 times worse by going silent. As fans in the stands it is the duty of the home team fans to make noise and lots of it. Unfortunately the Pens fans have seen this so many times that they immediately throw up their hands like: "are you kidding me?" The first Scuderi misplay should not be grounds for deafening silence but for some reason it is. This is why we lose so many playoff games at home.

The Pens lose because of the fans?

Eeesh.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby shafnutz05 on Mon May 12, 2014 8:39 pm

The post suggesting Crosby stopped taking his meds is top notch
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby columbia on Mon May 12, 2014 8:52 pm

shafnutz05 wrote:The post suggesting Crosby stopped taking his meds is top notch

I'm amazed by how many physicians post on this board.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Postby bdevido on Mon May 12, 2014 10:15 pm

they only type of physician crosby needs to see is a psychologist maybe fluery's guy can help him out. either way, tomorrow night is a watershed moment for this franchise. article in the trib review today saying burkle and lemieux are extremely upset.
bdevido
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby ulf on Mon May 12, 2014 10:32 pm

bdevido wrote:they only type of physician crosby needs to see is a psychologist maybe fluery's guy can help him out. either way, tomorrow night is a watershed moment for this franchise. article in the trib review today saying burkle and lemieux are extremely upset.

I wonder if they also broke the sun rising in the East tomorrow
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Rocco on Mon May 12, 2014 10:37 pm

Wait, you mean the owners aren't thrilled about their team underperforming? What news.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Desiato on Mon May 12, 2014 11:28 pm

Before most of you had heard of Sidney Crosby, he was basically a celebrity in Canada before he was a teen. The microscope was on him then, as it has been through his entire career. He has risen to every challenge under it.

Throughout it all, he has remained a consistent, hard working professional. He always backs the coach and says and does the right things.

So it doesn't make sense to assume he's suddenly crumbling under the pressure.

Seriously: Do you people actually watch him play? Do you not see him playing a physical game all season long? Practically all career long? Do you not see where he scores his goals from? Do you not see the abuse he takes, game-in, game-out? After 8 years, it adds up. He's not a youngster anymore.

That he could be injured is a very reasonable theory. There is no need to invent baseless, incriminating fantasies. I don't understand how you can even pretend to be a fan if you can't give Sid the benefit of the doubt after everything he's proven his entire career. Most of you have established yourselves as bona fide, irrational haters. There is really no other explanation at this point.
Desiato
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby bhaw on Mon May 12, 2014 11:29 pm

What do you mean by you people?
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby GSdrums87 on Mon May 12, 2014 11:35 pm

How does this thread have 5 pages?
GSdrums87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby bhaw on Mon May 12, 2014 11:41 pm

GSdrums87 wrote:How does this thread have 5 pages?

I'm pretty sure it's 5 posts just copied and pasted 25 times.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby bdevido on Mon May 12, 2014 11:51 pm

you would have thought the owners would have been this upset last year and they weren't, how many people got extensions? i'm pretty sure they weren't 1 year contracts either.
bdevido
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby DudeMan2766 on Mon May 12, 2014 11:55 pm

bhaw wrote:What do you mean by you people?

What do YOU mean, "you people??"

DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby bdevido on Mon May 12, 2014 11:58 pm

there are plenty of explanations desiato, and one is not making excuses that he is hurt or sick anymore. if he is hurt or sick, THEN SIT OUT! you think he is helping this team this year in the playoffs, honestly? 1 shot the other night.
bdevido
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Desiato on Tue May 13, 2014 12:08 am

bdevido wrote:there are plenty of explanations desiato, and one is not making excuses that he is hurt or sick anymore. if he is hurt or sick, THEN SIT OUT! you think he is helping this team this year in the playoffs, honestly? 1 shot the other night.

He has been a contributor. All players make mistakes. It just seems extraordinary because it's Sid. No coach in the league would bench him or take him off the PP.

Have you seen the results of Sid's shots? He's not shooting for a reason. Do you really think it's because he lacks the will to score? Or that he has forgotten how? You are unreal.
Desiato
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby slappybrown on Tue May 13, 2014 12:31 am

owtahear wrote:
jf wrote:
slappybrown wrote:
bdevido wrote:no such thing? kobe, gretzky, lemieux, brady, jordan, broduer...................just off the top of my head.

That's not clutch. That's those are players who rank as the greatest or close to the greatest of all time at their respective sports/positions. They continued to perform at the same better than everyone else level that they did in regular season games.

So why doesn't Crosby perform at this level in the post season ?

Don't ask the simple questions the apologists can't answer.

This is tops. He's the active leader in playoff ppg. Log off.

*DURR YOU THINK HE'S BEEN GUD IN DIS SURIES DURRRRR*
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby slappybrown on Tue May 13, 2014 12:34 am

jf wrote:
Bathgate wrote:This Sid thing is one of the most perplexing and regrettable episodes in the history of the Pens’ franchise, and I’ve been following it closely since Game 1 in 1967. I am now theorizing that maybe the guy is so angry, frustrated, and aggravated about the coaching and management of this team that he simply cannot or will not perform well. Could be he cannot stand the systems and strategy used by Bylsma and/or that he gets no on-ice enforcement support and/or that upper management and ownership are not badgering Bettman and the league about the refs not making calls on numerous, obvious fouls. Regardless, he’s the captain and team leadeer, so if he has such an attitude, you can bet that others on the team are similarly soured too. They all talk among themselves. This is just a theory; I certainly don’t really know. Anybody else think this could be going on?

If there's something to this, then Shero is to be condemned for not replacing Bylsma.

Maybe Sid is still suffering problems from his brain injuries . Maybe it is psychological or a medication problem . Maybe he is depressed or refuses to take medications . Sid has always done things his way , but for whatever reason things are not working . Either Sid himself or someone in the organization needs to figure it out and tell Sid it is time to take a step back . Maybe he just doesn't want to be the leader anymore . Whatever they do , it should start with limiting his TOI , especially on the power play . Malkin has shown in the past that he is capable of carrying this team .

This punctuation and the spacing tells me you've probably written letters to the federal government decrying their right to tax you.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby bdevido on Tue May 13, 2014 12:36 am

the last three years sidney crosby is a -3 in the playoffs. HE SHOULD BE THE ACTIVE LEADER, but this isn't 2011 anymore "you people."
bdevido
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby MRandall25 on Tue May 13, 2014 12:37 am

bdevido wrote:you would have thought the owners would have been this upset last year and they weren't, how many people got extensions? i'm pretty sure they weren't 1 year contracts either.

Randy Carlyle sat behind a 3-goal collapse AND a collapse that saw Toronto go from a playoff team to having 0 shot in a matter of a month. He was extended a week or two ago.

Extensions for coaching mean nothing aside to keep the final year of a coach's contract from being a lame duck year.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby slappybrown on Tue May 13, 2014 12:38 am

bdevido wrote:the last three years sidney crosby is a -3 in the playoffs. HE SHOULD BE THE ACTIVE LEADER, but this isn't 2011 anymore "you people."

Plus minus is useless, and randomly selecting that stat tells me you're cherry picking.

Ill indulge you, where does he rank in ppg since 2011, since anything prior to that should be disregarded in the world of bedevido.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby MRandall25 on Tue May 13, 2014 12:38 am

bdevido wrote:the last three years sidney crosby is a -3 in the playoffs. HE SHOULD BE THE ACTIVE LEADER, but this isn't 2011 anymore "you people."

Lol at the +/- argument. It's a useless stat unless it's really low or really high. -3 is fairly neutral.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby slappybrown on Tue May 13, 2014 12:38 am

MRandall25 wrote:
bdevido wrote:you would have thought the owners would have been this upset last year and they weren't, how many people got extensions? i'm pretty sure they weren't 1 year contracts either.

Randy Carlyle sat behind a 3-goal collapse AND a collapse that saw Toronto go from a playoff team to having 0 shot in a matter of a month. He was extended a week or two ago.

Extensions for coaching mean nothing aside to keep the final year of a coach's contract from being a lame duck year.

To be fair, Carlyle should have been fired ages ago.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby MRandall25 on Tue May 13, 2014 12:39 am

slappybrown wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:

To be fair, Carlyle should have been fired ages ago.

According to some, Bylsma also should have been...
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby America on Tue May 13, 2014 12:58 am

r u f'ing serius or nah
America
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby bdevido on Tue May 13, 2014 11:02 pm

another great playoff performance by #87 tonight. if bylsma were a real man, he would resign first thing tomorrow. if not, this entire team needs dismantled they are a joke. usually i can't stand mark madden, but i agreed with every single thing he said today. this team is soft, weak, underachieving, and undisciplined.
bdevido
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby mac5155 on Tue May 13, 2014 11:03 pm

America wrote:r u f'ing serius or nah

America! **** yeah!
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins