Official Playoff GDT : Game 6 Pens Vs Rangers 5/11/14

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Official Playoff GDT : Game 6 Pens Vs Rangers 5/11/14

Postby jwest21 on Sun May 11, 2014 10:45 pm

lemieuxReturns wrote:
jwest21 wrote:Wow, I didn't know St. Louis's mother died. No one said anything before right now.

What happened now?

I was being a sarcastic jerk
jwest21
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby BuckintheLou on Sun May 11, 2014 10:45 pm

Same issues (although MAF isn't nearly as bad as past years) with the club. It's hard to be optimistic after their last 2 performances though I'll try. Imploding is their M.O. when under the gun. Here's hoping they overcome that in a couple of days. Rags have the momemtum. And momentum, I'm afraid is a helluva drug.
BuckintheLou
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Grunthy on Sun May 11, 2014 10:46 pm

SolidSnake wrote:What would you rather have? the Pens win on Tuesday then get obliterated again by Boston or lose Tuesday and see some changes?

I always want my team to win. Apparently you don't.
Grunthy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Desiato on Sun May 11, 2014 10:48 pm

If HCDB is in a position to be fired -- that is, if it's something upper management would consider -- then only the Stanley Cup would ensure his job. Beating the Rangers in seven games isn't going to save his job IMO.

This Penguins team can beat and lose to anyone in a seven game series. Let's hope for a game seven victory. Anything can happen.
Last edited by Desiato on Sun May 11, 2014 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Desiato
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby BuckintheLou on Sun May 11, 2014 10:48 pm

BurghThing wrote:
SolidSnake wrote:What would you rather have? the Pens win on Tuesday then get obliterated again by Boston or lose Tuesday and see some changes?

1 from column A, 1 from column B

(win on Tuesday, see some changes)

Great :idea:
BuckintheLou
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby PghSkins on Sun May 11, 2014 10:48 pm

Grunthy wrote:

Yeah, I still don't get the "it's good if they lose 'cause Bylsma will (maybe) be gone" crowd

There is only one good outcome here. Victory.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby NashvilleCat on Sun May 11, 2014 10:53 pm

PghSkins wrote:
Grunthy wrote:

Yeah, I still don't get the "it's good if they lose 'cause Bylsma will (maybe) be gone" crowd

There is only one good outcome here. Victory.

Personally, I'd like to see Disco get a second ring and keep his job. Then make this team a little tougher to play against in the future.
NashvilleCat
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby DelPen on Sun May 11, 2014 10:53 pm

All 4 goals this game were garbage. This game should still be going on
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby SolidSnake on Sun May 11, 2014 10:55 pm

Grunthy wrote:

They don't give a damn and it shows.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby pens_CT on Sun May 11, 2014 10:57 pm

DelPen wrote:All 4 goals this game were garbage. This game should still be going on

Garbage wins in playoff hockey. Someone should inform the leadership of this team of that fact.
pens_CT
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Malkamaniac on Sun May 11, 2014 11:00 pm

pens_CT wrote:
DelPen wrote:All 4 goals this game were garbage. This game should still be going on

Garbage wins in playoff hockey. Someone should inform the leadership of this team of that fact.

I don't know why they don't understand that. Drive the net, and put it on net, shots from the point don't work for EVERY goal.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby rgj on Sun May 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Did anyone hear why Neal got a 10 minute game misconduct at the end of the game?
rgj
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby pens_CT on Sun May 11, 2014 11:08 pm

SolidSnake wrote:
Grunthy wrote:

They don't give a damn and it shows.

They apparently gave a damn in games 2, 3, and 4. So why don't they give a damn now? I didn't realize you could give a damn, and not give a damn in the same playoff series. Isn't there a book we could all read which gives the symptoms on whether a team gives a damn or not? :pop:
pens_CT
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby offsides on Sun May 11, 2014 11:10 pm

rgj wrote:Did anyone hear why Neal got a 10 minute game misconduct at the end of the game?

According to nhl.com
19:50 PIT James Neal Misconduct (10 min) - 10 min against Henrik Lundqvist
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Grunthy on Sun May 11, 2014 11:11 pm

offsides wrote:
rgj wrote:Did anyone hear why Neal got a 10 minute game misconduct at the end of the game?

According to nhl.com
19:50 PIT James Neal Misconduct (10 min) - 10 min against Henrik Lundqvist

henrik probably cried to the official. Wouldn't be the first time the baby whined to an official, and won't be the last.
Grunthy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby GDR on Sun May 11, 2014 11:16 pm

I'm told ownership is fed up. They're furious. That's not a guess, either. They don't like what they're seeing, and no, unlike the bulk of the fan base, they don't see it solely as a coaching issue. They don't like any of what they're seeing.

http://triblive.com/sports/dejankovacev ... z31T3P9HfI
GDR
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby DudeMan2766 on Sun May 11, 2014 11:19 pm

I can't emphasize enough how much I miss the 2007 Penguins. One of the most enjoyable years of hockey I've ever seen - and that includes the 90's teams.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Avyran on Sun May 11, 2014 11:19 pm

It's definitely not "solely as a coaching issue." It's frustrating.

At the start of the playoffs, I felt Bylsma had to go in order for this team to succeed. Now, if Bylsma leaves, I think he'll do an amazing job pushing other organizations forward to success.

Instead, I think the problem's within the effort of the players. I think if they don't dig out of their self-made hole, big changes will come in the roster, like Dejan said. They only play with inspiring effort a couple of games at a time.
Avyran
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Durbano on Sun May 11, 2014 11:20 pm

Assuming you mean changes wouldn't happen if they beat NY, I'd much rather see them lose on Tuesday. I can't see them winning more than one game against Boston and at this point I don't think they'd beat Montreal, either.

It's time to clean house and try for one more run with Crosby and Malkin still in their prime.
Durbano
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy on Sun May 11, 2014 11:20 pm

Crosby and Geno can add to their legacies Tuesday and also hurt them. I expect both to be huge.
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Location: you from the department of 'know what I'm saying"s?

Postby bhaw on Sun May 11, 2014 11:22 pm

Avyran wrote:It's definitely not "solely as a coaching issue." It's frustrating.

At the start of the playoffs, I felt Bylsma had to go in order for this team to succeed. Now, if Bylsma leaves, I think he'll do an amazing job pushing other organizations forward to success.

Instead, I think the problem's within the effort of the players. I think if they don't dig out of their self-made hole, big changes will come in the roster, like Dejan said. They only play with inspiring effort a couple of games at a time.

It's not solely a coaching issue. But our coaching issue isn't really pushing them to dig out of the hole and change their effort level.

A team like Phoenix, Nashville, or Columbus would do awesome with DB. They would definitely exceed expectations.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby booboo on Sun May 11, 2014 11:36 pm

:idea:
letsgopens66 wrote:Did anyone catch Lundy squirt Crosby with the water bottle as Doyle gave him a cheap shot? https://vine.co/v/MgIKZTLpHWz

Stay classy, King Henrik :P
booboo
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby murphydump55 on Sun May 11, 2014 11:38 pm

Blame the players all you want, but this has happened far too long under Bylsma's watch. Why? Because he's a player's coach, he doesn't hold players accountable for their actions, he doesn't punish, and therefore these players don't learn.

What's Dan's record at home now when trying to close out a series? 1-8? What's Dan's record at home in the playoffs period? sub .500? Some advantage. It must be the crowd's fault.

With Malkin trotting and looking good in the last game, there was a great opportunity to reunite him with Neal and get Neal going in this series. I'm pretty sure Crosby and Kunitz can manage the first line without Malkin. Neal is nothing without Malkin. I'm pretty sure Crosby is something without Malkin, why keep them together non stop? Yes it worked for a short while, but once again Bylsma won't change when the opportunity arises.

I'd love to see them exercise the home ice demons when closing out a series, but I wouldn't be heartbroken to see them lose either. It just won't sting as much this year because of the horrible up and down play we've witnessed. I stayed away from any Penguins players in every playoff pool I was in. People thought I was crazy. I simply told them I was a fan, but I wasn't stupid. If they do indeed lose, I'll look forward to the changes that HAVE to be made, there is simply no way they can ignore it once again.

Then again if they win, they just could go on to the Cup finals, that's how Jekyl and Hyde this team is.
murphydump55
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby murphydump55 on Sun May 11, 2014 11:41 pm

booboo wrote::idea:
letsgopens66 wrote:Did anyone catch Lundy squirt Crosby with the water bottle as Doyle gave him a cheap shot? https://vine.co/v/MgIKZTLpHWz

Stay classy, King Henrik :P

Did anyone catch Crosby cross checking the player non stop while he was on top of the pile at the end of the period? Did anyone catch Crosby give the old crown jewels a stab with his stick? (don't defend it because the player had his stick, he's just as guilty as others). Did anyone catch Crosby give Boyle a crosscheck in the kidneys 3 seconds before the end of the game?

Take off your black and gold glasses people, it's embarrassing when you look past these things and yet point out all the other things the other team does. We're just as guilty.
murphydump55
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby booboo on Sun May 11, 2014 11:42 pm

PghSkins wrote:Oh and if 18 wants to show up for work, that would be great.

Yeah, he might have felt more like showing up if he - and/or some of his teammates - were (occasionally at least) held responsible for their brainless behavior and benched in favor of the young and hungry talent sitting now in the press box. Short of such a conveyor system, all this coaching staff can do is appeal to these lazy asses or beg them to please do as they are told.
booboo
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins