Official Playoff GDT : Game 6 Pens Vs Rangers 5/11/14

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Official Playoff GDT : Game 6 Pens Vs Rangers 5/11/14

Postby booboo on Sun May 11, 2014 11:46 pm

SolidSnake wrote:What would you rather have? the Pens win on Tuesday then get obliterated again by Boston or lose Tuesday and see some changes?

I want them to win on Tuesday and run over whomever comes next, and then repeat in the finals.
booboo
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Nizzy on Sun May 11, 2014 11:51 pm

murphydump55 wrote:
booboo wrote::idea:
letsgopens66 wrote:Did anyone catch Lundy squirt Crosby with the water bottle as Doyle gave him a cheap shot? https://vine.co/v/MgIKZTLpHWz

Stay classy, King Henrik :P

Did anyone catch Crosby cross checking the player non stop while he was on top of the pile at the end of the period? Did anyone catch Crosby give the old crown jewels a stab with his stick? (don't defend it because the player had his stick, he's just as guilty as others). Did anyone catch Crosby give Boyle a crosscheck in the kidneys 3 seconds before the end of the game?

Take off your black and gold glasses people, it's embarrassing when you look past these things and yet point out all the other things the other team does. We're just as guilty.

Crosby is a little crybaby.
Nizzy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Desiato on Sun May 11, 2014 11:58 pm

Which hockey league do you guys follow? This is only "news" because Sidney Crosby doesn't normally do those things. But none are uncommon in NHL games. Again, Mario had his fits too. Sid is retaliating by doing the kind of things that get done to him all the time. He shouldn't, but it's not a big deal. And it's not why the Pens lost.

Crybaby? How old are you?

Weak fairweather fans. Pathetic.
Desiato
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby booboo on Mon May 12, 2014 12:02 am

murphydump55 wrote:
letsgopens66 wrote:Did anyone catch Lundy squirt Crosby with the water bottle as Doyle gave him a cheap shot? https://vine.co/v/MgIKZTLpHWz

Did anyone catch Crosby cross checking the player non stop while he was on top of the pile at the end of the period? Did anyone catch Crosby give the old crown jewels a stab with his stick? (don't defend it because the player had his stick, he's just as guilty as others). Did anyone catch Crosby give Boyle a crosscheck in the kidneys 3 seconds before the end of the game?

Take off your black and gold glasses people, it's embarrassing when you look past these things and yet point out all the other things the other team does. We're just as guilty.

Crosby sucks, right?
booboo
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby murphydump55 on Mon May 12, 2014 12:24 am

booboo wrote:
murphydump55 wrote:

Crosby sucks, right?

Nope just pointing out that our team does cheap, unclassy things too. Don't throw stones.
murphydump55
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Lt. Dish on Mon May 12, 2014 12:25 am

NashvilleCat wrote:
PghSkins wrote:
Grunthy wrote:
SolidSnake wrote:What would you rather have? the Pens win on Tuesday then get obliterated again by Boston or lose Tuesday and see some changes?

I always want my team to win. Apparently you don't.

Yeah, I still don't get the "it's good if they lose 'cause Bylsma will (maybe) be gone" crowd

There is only one good outcome here. Victory.

Personally, I'd like to see Disco get a second ring and keep his job. Then make this team a little tougher to play against in the future.

Yes. The only correct answer here is: "WIN."

Pertinent to the question, I want the team to win Tuesday. I'll 1,000% take my chances against either Montreal or Boston.

BTW, the hype surrounding the Bruins has reached absurd levels. Boston's not out of their series yet. They've looked very human at times.

If we don't win Tuesday, I bet we'll see changes. But I'll never wish for losing in order to see them. Personally, I think that's weak. Just me.
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby jmh470 on Mon May 12, 2014 12:40 am

Betting against the Pens in a game seven at home seems like free money to me.
jmh470
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Elementary Penguin on Mon May 12, 2014 1:59 am

Crosby needs another Bill Guerin on his line. They said Guerin was great at calming Sid down, loosening him up. He needs a veteran guy like that to play with him and Kunitz. I thought Iggy might be that guy last season, but apparently Sid didn't want him there because he's loyal to Dupuis and felt like he was cheating on him. Who could fill that role?
Elementary Penguin
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby GDR on Mon May 12, 2014 3:04 am

optional practice at 4 pm today
GDR
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Pavel Bure on Mon May 12, 2014 3:04 am

Elementary Penguin wrote:Crosby needs another Bill Guerin on his line. They said Guerin was great at calming Sid down, loosening him up. He needs a veteran guy like that to play with him and Kunitz. I thought Iggy might be that guy last season, but apparently Sid didn't want him there because he's loyal to Dupuis and felt like he was cheating on him. Who could fill that role?

You mean a veteran presence like Iginla or Morrow. Yeah that really helped the grown man in his late 20's.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Elementary Penguin on Mon May 12, 2014 4:53 am

Pavel Bure wrote:
Elementary Penguin wrote:Crosby needs another Bill Guerin on his line. They said Guerin was great at calming Sid down, loosening him up. He needs a veteran guy like that to play with him and Kunitz. I thought Iggy might be that guy last season, but apparently Sid didn't want him there because he's loyal to Dupuis and felt like he was cheating on him. Who could fill that role?

You mean a veteran presence like Iginla or Morrow. Yeah that really helped the grown man in his late 20's.

No, like I said, a veteran presence like William Guerin.
Elementary Penguin
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby columbia on Mon May 12, 2014 6:02 am

I went to bed after the 2nd period (yes, I'm a terrible fan)...I see that was the correct choice.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Postby columbia on Mon May 12, 2014 6:12 am

From that article:

Dan Bylsma tops the list, and there should be no question that he should.
Can anyone convince me why his job should be safe if a choke is completed?

Ok, let's hear it....
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Postby DelPen on Mon May 12, 2014 7:24 am

GDR wrote:optional practice at 4 pm today

Well of course, did you see anything they need to work on? They played perfect.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby count2infinity on Mon May 12, 2014 7:25 am

Dear LGP,

count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Pavel Bure on Mon May 12, 2014 7:58 am

Elementary Penguin wrote:
Pavel Bure wrote:

No, like I said, a veteran presence like William Guerin.

Oh Bill Guerin the guy that fought teammates in practice and wasn't considered to be a good locker room guy prior to coming to the Pens? Come on. Crosby is beyond needing a mentor. He's a seasoned veteran at this point and one of the highest paid individuals in his profession. If he needs someone to babysit him then the problems he has are much bigger than any of us think.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Humperdink on Mon May 12, 2014 8:14 am

columbia wrote:I went to bed after the 2nd period (yes, I'm a terrible fan)...I see that was the correct choice.

Yes you made the correct choice. It takes me 2 hours to unwind from a game like that. I wish game 7 was tonight.
Humperdink
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby brwi on Mon May 12, 2014 8:21 am

DudeMan2766 wrote:I can't emphasize enough how much I miss the 2007 Penguins. One of the most enjoyable years of hockey I've ever seen - and that includes the 90's teams.

I agree with you. That was a really hungry team that had a lot of heart and just came up a little short to the Wings at the end, but it sure wasn't from lack of effort or playing boneheaded hockey.
brwi
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Hawkeynut on Mon May 12, 2014 8:21 am

Humperdink wrote:
columbia wrote:I went to bed after the 2nd period (yes, I'm a terrible fan)...I see that was the correct choice.

Yes you made the correct choice. It takes me 2 hours to unwind from a game like that. I wish game 7 was tonight.

I haven't been wound up after a Penguin game since June, 2009. They haven't played a game in the playoffs since that has had me at the edge of my seat.
Hawkeynut
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Humperdink on Mon May 12, 2014 8:24 am

Hawkeynut wrote:
Humperdink wrote:

I haven't been wound up after a Penguin game since June, 2009. They haven't played a game in the playoffs since that has had me at the edge of my seat.

I should learn from you. It is regrettable but I continue have this attachment to the Pens that I cannot shake. At this point, it borders on the irrational.
Humperdink
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby murphydump55 on Mon May 12, 2014 8:43 am

columbia wrote:From that article:

Dan Bylsma tops the list, and there should be no question that he should.
Can anyone convince me why his job should be safe if a choke is completed?

Ok, let's hear it....

I've been saying since the Philly meltdown that he should have been canned. Many defended him over and over throughout the years.

I'm curious to hear the supporters thoughts now. It's possible that he blows another 3-1 series lead, continues to have a losing record at home in the playoffs, and loses to a lower seed once again.

There's no defense for him if this happens. Heck, even if they win tomorrow, I don't think he should have saved his job.....save for a trip to the finals.
murphydump55
AHL'er
AHL'er

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins