Win or blow it up

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Win or blow it up

Postby Gaucho on Tue May 13, 2014 9:29 am

5-0 Pens.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby PAPLine on Tue May 13, 2014 9:46 am

We have a coach who talks like this, but
We need a coach who talks like this.
PAPLine
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Hugo Stiglitz on Tue May 13, 2014 9:51 am

I remember this feeling I had while watching the Penguins knock off the Senators during the 2009-2010 post-season. In spite of the fact the Penguins won, I felt like something was off. They didn't look strong. Despite one high scoring game, they weren't strong wins. They got by on talent, not because they were better. They looked lifeless almost the entire series.

I took solace in the fact they just came off the Cup win and just thought, "oh well, next year."

Fast forward to now and it's the same team, some different personnel, but the same team. Same issues, same trends, same problems being masked. I know many of us have the same thoughts on this issue.

I go back and forth in my head, is it the coaching staff? is it the players? If they have the same issues between two different coaches it's gotta be the players, no? But they don't have all the same players, so it has to be the coaching staff, no?

Things need to change. Even if the Penguins win, like Dejan pointed out, it just masks the underlying issues. Can anyone here really feel confident about playing the Habs or Bruins? I never want the Penguins to lose, but sometimes you need really bad things to happen in order for positive changes to take place.
Hugo Stiglitz
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby topshelf66 on Tue May 13, 2014 9:59 am

I am as frustrated with all of the warts just like everyone else. The difference is that I want desperately to win tonight. The Rangers are not very good, and while we should not be in a game 7, we should certainly win the game.

I have no fear of Boston or Montreal. Every team that wins the cup faces adversity. Every team that wins the cup has that period of time in May / June where it all comes together. The key is staying alive to see that moment.

How many obits were written for the Kings down 3-0.

The Wild down 2-0 and 3-2.

The Ducks down 2-0 to the suddenly unbeatable Kings. (Up 3-2 as of this writing).

The Hawks down 2-0 and in OT of game 3 (sound familiar?).

All of this after the forgone Sharks - Avs Western Conference final was sure to produce the next cup winner.

Live to fight another day.

It is not supposed to be easy.

Tonight won't be easy, but it is doable. And so is the rest of it.

Let's Go Pens.
topshelf66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby pittsports87 on Tue May 13, 2014 12:06 pm

This is perfect timing. If we lose, time to blow things up and tank next year for Connor McDavid.
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby SoupOrSam on Tue May 13, 2014 12:13 pm

pittsports87 wrote:This is perfect timing. If we lose, time to blow things up and tank next year for Connor McDavid.

If it worked out like that.... the world would implode.
SoupOrSam
AHL'er
AHL'er

Location: Wanna fight? Why don't you stick your head up my butt and fight for air.

Postby PensFanInDC on Tue May 13, 2014 4:14 pm

Mad City Mike wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:Pessimism and optimism aside this is the dumbest thing I have read here in a while and that is saying something. You WANT the pens to lose. Gtfo dude. Seriously. Stop claiming you're a pens fan.

I don't know how you could interpret that as me wanting them to lose. I want them to win. I expect them to lose.

You said:
And I have to admit, the thought of Montreal and former HCMT destroying them does bring a wee smile to my face :D .

Soooo yeah....
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Pens4Life on Tue May 13, 2014 4:25 pm

Few changes and we should be ready for a fresh start,with Sid and Geno here,we are always one of the favourites to win a cup!

New coach - Trotz

re-sign on D - Niskanen , two veterans in Orpik and Scuderi can go.. Despres and Bortuzzo should be top 6 regulars
Martin - Letang, Maata - Niskanen, Despres - Bortuzzo, 7th D can be winner of the camp (Harrington, Samuelsson, Pouillot, Dumoulin)

on F : not that much to change,only built a better 4th line from the start, Glass and Adams can go.. Sill, Vitale, Zolnierczyk, Goc, Payerl, Engelland, Megna can be that 4th liners.. on 3rd we can have Sutter, Duper, Stemp or Gibbons, on top 6 I think everything can stay the same, with BB and JJ on wing spots with Kuny and Neal.

On G : one more season of MAF maybe,then if doesnt work again,bye bye..
Pens4Life
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby scpensfan on Tue May 13, 2014 5:31 pm

I'm not sure it should be, but I can see tonight being a referendum on Fleury. He hasn't been a disaster, but he's let in enough softies this postseason that I could see a bad game tonight being the end of the line.
scpensfan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby djlm on Tue May 13, 2014 6:14 pm

topshelf66 wrote:I am as frustrated with all of the warts just like everyone else. The difference is that I want desperately to win tonight. The Rangers are not very good, and while we should not be in a game 7, we should certainly win the game.

I have no fear of Boston or Montreal. Every team that wins the cup faces adversity. Every team that wins the cup has that period of time in May / June where it all comes together. The key is staying alive to see that moment.

How many obits were written for the Kings down 3-0.

The Wild down 2-0 and 3-2.

The Ducks down 2-0 to the suddenly unbeatable Kings. (Up 3-2 as of this writing).

The Hawks down 2-0 and in OT of game 3 (sound familiar?).

All of this after the forgone Sharks - Avs Western Conference final was sure to produce the next cup winner.

Live to fight another day.

It is not supposed to be easy.

Tonight won't be easy, but it is doable. And so is the rest of it.

Let's Go Pens.

The Rangers down 3-1 to the 2nd seed
djlm
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby RJW76 on Tue May 13, 2014 6:18 pm

PAPLine wrote:We have a coach who talks like this, but

How about a coach that talks like this?
RJW76
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby scpensfan on Tue May 13, 2014 10:02 pm

Blow. It. Up.

Knew they were flightless. Didn't suspect they were gutless, too.
scpensfan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby viva la ben on Wed May 14, 2014 10:09 pm

The damn dirty apes won, now we will be the ones kept in cages.
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby sil on Wed May 14, 2014 10:11 pm

RJW76 wrote:
PAPLine wrote:We have a coach who talks like this, but

How about a coach that talks like this?

As long as he doesn't talk like Darryl Sutter.
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins