'14 Playoffs Game 6 vs NYR - Thoughts from the Morning After

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: '14 Playoffs Game 6 vs NYR - Thoughts from the Morning A

Postby DudeMan2766 on Mon May 12, 2014 5:51 pm

Stick_licker wrote:
DudeMan2766 wrote:I couldn't possibly give less of a crap about what Sid and Geno have to say than I do right now.

To be fair, Geno's had a pretty good playoffs. Maybe not Conn Smythe worthy, but if everyone played as hard as he has we'd be in much better shape.

Don't disagree. I'd feel the same way no matter who would have spoke to the media today. I didn't listen to the interview but I'll go out on a limb that it was the same basic lip service we've heard after every game. No idea why them speaking today was A: Necessary and B: treated like big news.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby DelPen on Mon May 12, 2014 6:15 pm

Glad to see them talking to the media instead of setting an example and showing up to the optional practice.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby IntangibleBeer on Mon May 12, 2014 7:08 pm

DudeMan2766 wrote:I couldn't possibly give less of a crap about what Sid and Geno have to say than I do right now.

:thumb:

The only thing that matters is what they DO in Game 7. Period.
IntangibleBeer
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby CottonCandyHere on Mon May 12, 2014 7:53 pm

So off topic but can anyone answer this for me.... Why was shawn thornton fined for spraying water on P.K. Subban but Lundqvist gets no fine for blatantly spraying water on Crosby? Am I missing something here....? :roll:
CottonCandyHere

Postby pens_srq on Mon May 12, 2014 8:13 pm

CottonCandyHere wrote:So off topic but can anyone answer this for me.... Why was shawn thornton fined for spraying water on P.K. Subban but Lundqvist gets no fine for blatantly spraying water on Crosby? Am I missing something here....? :roll:

Two standards. Pens have to be perfect or everyone whines. Other teams do the same thing and nothing happens. I mean the media is all over the Pens players for retaliating, yet very little is said publicly about how horrible the officiating is or the non-calls that are the cause for retaliation. If I didn't know any better I'd say the Pens have biased many of the officials against them somehow. Maybe it's because Comcast = NBC = Flyers owners = Pens are going to be destroyed by NBC.
pens_srq
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby nocera on Mon May 12, 2014 8:15 pm

CottonCandyHere wrote:So off topic but can anyone answer this for me.... Why was shawn thornton fined for spraying water on P.K. Subban but Lundqvist gets no fine for blatantly spraying water on Crosby? Am I missing something here....? :roll:

My guess would be because it happened during a stoppage of play and both players were already on the ice.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby penny lane on Mon May 12, 2014 8:23 pm

James Mirtle ‏@mirtle 6s

Henrik Lundqvist fined $5,000 for dumping water on Sidney Crosby.

Hank can give the cash to Sid in the handshake line... or more water.
Interesting.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby bhaw on Mon May 12, 2014 11:40 pm

Not sure if it's been pointed out yet, but it would be kind of interesting for the conference finals matchups to be DB/MT and BB/Yeo.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby The U on Tue May 13, 2014 1:16 am

A lot of talk today about potentially inserting Glass and yanking Bennett.

It's funny that Glass is really the only choice no matter who gets yanked or injured. Megna, Harry Z, Engelland, Sill, and others are not proven or trusted enough because their minutes were given to Kobasew, Adams, Pyatt, D'Agostini all regular season.
The U
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby BigMcK on Tue May 13, 2014 1:38 am

This is my team. These are my players. To say "Quit" is upon them.

If, man for man, these players look in the mirror and say to themselves win is not an option, then lay down and die a coward -- on the payroll of some other team next season.

Penguins will move forward from here.

Rangers are not moving on this season.
BigMcK
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby murphydump55 on Tue May 13, 2014 5:00 am

The U wrote:A lot of talk today about potentially inserting Glass and yanking Bennett.

It's funny that Glass is really the only choice no matter who gets yanked or injured. Megna, Harry Z, Engelland, Sill, and others are not proven or trusted enough because their minutes were given to Kobasew, Adams, Pyatt, D'Agostini all regular season.

I loved Engo on the 4th line. I wish they would have groomed him more.

The fact that Glass is the first in by default is so frustrating.
murphydump55
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Luckybreak on Tue May 13, 2014 5:15 am

murphydump55 wrote:
The U wrote:A lot of talk today about potentially inserting Glass and yanking Bennett.

I loved Engo on the 4th line. I wish they would have groomed him more.

The fact that Glass is the first in by default is so frustrating.

Why Engo was consistently played on D before Despres is beyond me. Why he wasn't utilised at a position of need on the 4th line is beyond me. Why Glass was a must in the lineup because of his PK speciality is beyond me. Why Scuderi, the worst playoff Dman by a country mile, continues to play is beyond me. Why Adams played every freakin game is so far beyond me it is now a spec on the horizon of beyondness.

We have seen what the speed of Gibbons does on the PK as opposed to the concrete feet of Glass and Adams, but rather than scratch Adams let's scratch an offensively talented youngster and weaken the whole lineup instead. #Bylsmagic?
Luckybreak
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby slappybrown on Tue May 13, 2014 5:40 am

pens_srq wrote:

Two standards. Pens have to be perfect or everyone whines. Other teams do the same thing and nothing happens. I mean the media is all over the Pens players for retaliating, yet very little is said publicly about how horrible the officiating is or the non-calls that are the cause for retaliation. If I didn't know any better I'd say the Pens have biased many of the officials against them somehow. Maybe it's because Comcast = NBC = Flyers owners = Pens are going to be destroyed by NBC.

This has to be tongue in cheek, right?
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby shoeshine boy on Tue May 13, 2014 7:52 am

penny lane wrote:
James Mirtle ‏@mirtle 6s

Henrik Lundqvist fined $5,000 for dumping water on Sidney Crosby.

Hank can give the cash to Sid in the handshake line... or more water.
Interesting.

I'm shocked that the NHL actually fined him. a minor good thing for us as it shows Lundqvist that he's not as sly as he thinks he is.
shoeshine boy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins