"Official" Replacing Bylsma Thread

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: "Official" Replacing Bylsma Thread

Postby Chirpin' Grinder on Wed May 14, 2014 12:42 pm

DistinctKickingMtn wrote:New club to Bylsma: How do you plan to build your team, if hired here?
Bylsma: First we'll overload the roster with defensemen, all of them soft as donuts, then leave players wide open in front of the net, and pray that our goalie makes miraculous saves. Then, we'll leave our star players hung out to dry, and stand around while other teams mug them in the playoffs. Also, we'll make sure we have a coke addled sniper, who does nothing but stand around, and then fan on shots in the playoffs when he's not picking up chicks on the south side bar scene. Also, we'll give up plenty of 2 on 1's, and have players panic like chimpanzee's in their own end when they get the puck, instead of moving their feet or making passes, and make hyper panic turnovers in our own zone. Also, in between playoff games, we'll have optional skates with our country club soft vets, while the other teams practice their asses off.

Oh, yeah, and we'll get to our game.


:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :face:
Chirpin' Grinder
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,014
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:28 am
Location: South Beach

Re: "Official" Replacing Bylsma Thread

Postby Grunthy on Wed May 14, 2014 12:48 pm

This thread is fun and sad at the same time... :pop:
Grunthy
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,784
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:08 pm

Re: "Official" Replacing Bylsma Thread

Postby Chirpin' Grinder on Wed May 14, 2014 12:52 pm

Mad City Mike wrote:
Mad City Mike wrote:
DistinctKickingMtn wrote:Also, we'll make sure we have a coke addled sniper, who does nothing but stand around, and then fan on shots in the playoffs when he's not picking up chicks on the south side bar scene.


Where on earth does THAT come from?


it would explain the rather unexplained absence at the start of the season--a failed drug test in training camp.


No, the absence at the start of the season was due to an injury suffered during one of Bylsma's silly games, wiffle ball on ice I believe it was. :evil: Then Neal missed a few practices but dressed for the first game and promptly made it worse. :face:
Chirpin' Grinder
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,014
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:28 am
Location: South Beach

Re: "Official" Replacing Bylsma Thread

Postby Mad City Mike on Wed May 14, 2014 12:55 pm

Chirpin' Grinder wrote:
Mad City Mike wrote:
Mad City Mike wrote:
DistinctKickingMtn wrote:Also, we'll make sure we have a coke addled sniper, who does nothing but stand around, and then fan on shots in the playoffs when he's not picking up chicks on the south side bar scene.


Where on earth does THAT come from?


it would explain the rather unexplained absence at the start of the season--a failed drug test in training camp.


No, the absence at the start of the season was due to an injury suffered during one of Bylsma's silly games, wiffle ball on ice I believe it was. :evil: Then Neal missed a few practices but dressed for the first game and promptly made it worse. :face:


That's what they "SAID."
Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,759
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:14 am
Location: De Forest, WI

Re: "Official" Replacing Bylsma Thread

Postby Crankshaft on Wed May 14, 2014 12:59 pm

So, you all are suggesting that James Neal does coke?

What the **** people?
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,047
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 12:35 pm

Re: "Official" Replacing Bylsma Thread

Postby luv66 on Wed May 14, 2014 1:01 pm

Bioshock wrote:I want nothing to do with Tortz or Barry Trotz. I do want Botterill as the new GM though.

Also, everyone keeps saying this... Mike Babcock wants to coach the Pittsburgh Penguins. I have no idea how that works since he's under contract for another year but i keep hearing it from Yohe and other outlets.

If Mike Babcock somehow got free of Detroit... Man... i might faint.



Why do you guys have to do this to me ? I would jump up and down and shriek like a school girl but he won't come here :(
luv66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,036
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:17 pm

Re: "Official" Replacing Bylsma Thread

Postby columbia on Wed May 14, 2014 1:01 pm

:pop:
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 46,468
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:13 am

Re: "Official" Replacing Bylsma Thread

Postby Grunthy on Wed May 14, 2014 1:03 pm

Crankshaft wrote:So, you all are suggesting that James Neal does coke?

What the **** people?


It looks to me that they are the ones on drugs.
Grunthy
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,784
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:08 pm

Re: "Official" Replacing Bylsma Thread

Postby Lt. Dish on Wed May 14, 2014 1:05 pm

Mad City Mike wrote:
Chirpin' Grinder wrote:
Mad City Mike wrote:
Mad City Mike wrote:
DistinctKickingMtn wrote:Also, we'll make sure we have a coke addled sniper, who does nothing but stand around, and then fan on shots in the playoffs when he's not picking up chicks on the south side bar scene.


Where on earth does THAT come from?


it would explain the rather unexplained absence at the start of the season--a failed drug test in training camp.


No, the absence at the start of the season was due to an injury suffered during one of Bylsma's silly games, wiffle ball on ice I believe it was. :evil: Then Neal missed a few practices but dressed for the first game and promptly made it worse. :face:


That's what they "SAID."


MCM, you can't be just throwing around stuff like that, seriously. We know you're...um, mad, but that's irresponsible and reckless at the very least.
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,825
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:07 pm
Location: We'll make great pets.

Re: "Official" Replacing Bylsma Thread

Postby MRandall25 on Wed May 14, 2014 1:07 pm

Jesus Christ what the **** am I reading right now...
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,896
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: "Official" Replacing Bylsma Thread

Postby Jim on Wed May 14, 2014 1:10 pm

Lt. Dish wrote:
Mad City Mike wrote:
Chirpin' Grinder wrote:
Mad City Mike wrote:it would explain the rather unexplained absence at the start of the season--a failed drug test in training camp.


No, the absence at the start of the season was due to an injury suffered during one of Bylsma's silly games, wiffle ball on ice I believe it was. :evil: Then Neal missed a few practices but dressed for the first game and promptly made it worse. :face:


That's what they "SAID."


MCM, you can't be just throwing around stuff like that, seriously. We know you're...um, mad, but that's irresponsible and reckless at the very least.


I thought that he was training to be a deep sea diver, but that didn't work out so he came back to the Pens???
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,615
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:18 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: "Official" Replacing Bylsma Thread

Postby Lt. Dish on Wed May 14, 2014 1:11 pm

cheesesteakwithegg wrote:I heard Dejan say it on DVE this morning (pretty emphatically too). I thought I saw Elliot Friedman say it on twitter as well this morning, but its not there anymore.

Id love Babcock, but I dont see it happening.


Those of you who know contracts of this nature: Is it possible that a guy of Babcock's level could've had an out-clause worked in to his last contract? If so, then Deadspin, get on this!

I'm checking out the McGill University bookstore for swag/gear to get if this were to happen.
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,825
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:07 pm
Location: We'll make great pets.

Re: "Official" Replacing Bylsma Thread

Postby GDR on Wed May 14, 2014 1:13 pm

Lt. Dish wrote:
cheesesteakwithegg wrote:I heard Dejan say it on DVE this morning (pretty emphatically too). I thought I saw Elliot Friedman say it on twitter as well this morning, but its not there anymore.

Id love Babcock, but I dont see it happening.


Those of you who know contracts of this nature: Is it possible that a guy of Babcock's level could've had an out-clause worked in to his last contract? If so, then Deadspin, get on this!

I'm checking out the McGill University bookstore for swag/gear to get if this were to happen.


If Babcock wants to come to the Penguins all he would have to do is resign and then sign with the Penguins. Brent Sutter did it with the Flames a few years ago.
GDR
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,851
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:48 pm

Re: "Official" Replacing Bylsma Thread

Postby BigMcK on Wed May 14, 2014 1:21 pm

Bucs - Chuck Tanner. Winner.

Steelers - Chuck Noll. Winner.

Penguins - Chuck ???
BigMcK
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,061
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:23 pm
Location: Are you there, yet?

Re: "Official" Replacing Bylsma Thread

Postby Mad City Mike on Wed May 14, 2014 1:23 pm

Lt. Dish wrote:
DistinctKickingMtn wrote:Also, we'll make sure we have a coke addled sniper, who does nothing but stand around, and then fan on shots in the playoffs when he's not picking up chicks on the south side bar scene.




MCM, you can't be just throwing around stuff like that, seriously. We know you're...um, mad, but that's irresponsible and reckless at the very least.


I didn't bring it up. I was trying to figure out where it came from.
Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,759
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:14 am
Location: De Forest, WI

Re: "Official" Replacing Bylsma Thread

Postby luv66 on Wed May 14, 2014 1:23 pm

I've been listening to the Fan this morning (I know ) I just find it funny that the media has done a 180 on DB in short order. Unless I just listen/read at the wrong times I have hardly heard them say a disparaging word about him during his entire tenure. I have only heard MM say that his expiration date has passed in the last month or two.

This kind of gives me hope that they have heard something legit that he is on the way out , they no longer have a reason to be so far up his anus.
luv66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,036
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:17 pm

Re: "Official" Replacing Bylsma Thread

Postby columbia on Wed May 14, 2014 1:24 pm

BigMcK wrote:Bucs - Chuck Tanner. Winner.

Steelers - Chuck Noll. Winner.

Penguins - Chuck Kobasew.


:scared:
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 46,468
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:13 am

Re: "Official" Replacing Bylsma Thread

Postby Lt. Dish on Wed May 14, 2014 1:28 pm

Mad City Mike wrote:
Lt. Dish wrote:
DistinctKickingMtn wrote:Also, we'll make sure we have a coke addled sniper, who does nothing but stand around, and then fan on shots in the playoffs when he's not picking up chicks on the south side bar scene.




MCM, you can't be just throwing around stuff like that, seriously. We know you're...um, mad, but that's irresponsible and reckless at the very least.


I didn't bring it up. I was trying to figure out where it came from.


Please accept my sincere apology, MCM. I've gotten lost in all of the lunacy here. I should've paid closer attention.

Redirected to DKM.
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,825
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:07 pm
Location: We'll make great pets.

Re: "Official" Replacing Bylsma Thread

Postby BigMcK on Wed May 14, 2014 1:30 pm

columbia wrote:
BigMcK wrote:Bucs - Chuck Tanner. Winner.

Steelers - Chuck Noll. Winner.

Penguins - Chuck Kobasew.


:scared:


I was thinking maybe Chuck Yeager or Chuck Norris. 8-)

No more Disco for this team. Tough as nails from here on out.
BigMcK
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,061
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:23 pm
Location: Are you there, yet?

Re: "Official" Replacing Bylsma Thread

Postby seabiscuit on Wed May 14, 2014 1:30 pm

#bylsmawatch2014
seabiscuit
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 167
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:15 pm

Re: "Official" Replacing Bylsma Thread

Postby Lt. Dish on Wed May 14, 2014 1:36 pm

GDR wrote:
Lt. Dish wrote:
cheesesteakwithegg wrote:I heard Dejan say it on DVE this morning (pretty emphatically too). I thought I saw Elliot Friedman say it on twitter as well this morning, but its not there anymore.

Id love Babcock, but I dont see it happening.


Those of you who know contracts of this nature: Is it possible that a guy of Babcock's level could've had an out-clause worked in to his last contract? If so, then Deadspin, get on this!

I'm checking out the McGill University bookstore for swag/gear to get if this were to happen.


If Babcock wants to come to the Penguins all he would have to do is resign and then sign with the Penguins. Brent Sutter did it with the Flames a few years ago.


Makes sense. Could the Wings have insisted on a noncompete to prevent that?

If Mario Lemieux wants Mike Babcock, and he and Burkle are willing to pay up, does anyone think Babcock would say no?

Also, Babcock has been in DET for 9 years. Maybe he wants a change in scenery.

Red Wings' fans have had bouts of frustration with him (notably, his allegiance to vets), but he knows how to manage elite skill in its prime. Zetterberg is still relatively young, at 33, but Datsyuk, as awesome as he is, is getting up there. Lidstrom is gone, and Nyquist is a work-in-progress, albeit an extremely promising one.

Babcock coming to the Pens would be a lovely twist to the rivalry dynamic in the East. Delicious, really. One super-sized hot buttered popcorn, coming up.
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,825
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:07 pm
Location: We'll make great pets.

Re: "Official" Replacing Bylsma Thread

Postby PAPLine on Wed May 14, 2014 1:39 pm

I think they were talking about Kevin Stevens.
PAPLine
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 275
Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 6:41 pm

Re: "Official" Replacing Bylsma Thread

Postby llipgh2 on Wed May 14, 2014 1:51 pm

superconan wrote:Will we regret the firing of Bylsma in 5 years when he is having unrelated success with another team?


No.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,579
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:29 pm
Location: Gasp! The Clamboni!

Re: "Official" Replacing Bylsma Thread

Postby slipshod on Wed May 14, 2014 2:00 pm

Kevin.

Constantine.
slipshod
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 489
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:17 am

Re: "Official" Replacing Bylsma Thread

Postby llipgh2 on Wed May 14, 2014 2:04 pm

slipshod wrote:Kevin.

Constantine.


Where is he now? Last I heard he was coaching in the WHL. Portland Winterhawks?
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,579
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:29 pm
Location: Gasp! The Clamboni!

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cr@zy871, Matthew Monstar and 20 guests

e-mail