Official Former GDT GAME 7 Pens vs. Rags 5/13/14

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Official SEE YA LATER BYLSMA/PENS SUCK THREAD

Postby nocera on Tue May 13, 2014 11:17 pm

Lt. Dish wrote:
The U wrote:Shero and Bylsma to Washington. I'd die.

I don't care how much people here dislike those two, that would bite us in the butt hard for several years. I just know it.

I thought the same thing about Jagr going to Washington.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Beveridge on Tue May 13, 2014 11:17 pm

I can only imagine what this board will be like if whatever team Bylsma ends up on is still in playoffs when Pens are eliminated next year.
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby pens_CT on Tue May 13, 2014 11:17 pm

knives of ice wrote:if a coaching change is seismic then...

malkin, sid, letang aren't going anywhere.

there is no way shero is getting fired. that would be insane. he screwed up one year and has been great in year's past given the team every chance to win regardless of what you think of his draft strategy.

:thumb: I don't Shero getting fired either. They need a new HC and to shake up the roster some by adding some bigger, more physical forwards.
pens_CT
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Durbano on Tue May 13, 2014 11:17 pm

Shero and Bylsma both need to go -- doesn't matter where.

Hope Tocchet gets an interview for the coaching job here.
Durbano
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Lt. Dish on Tue May 13, 2014 11:18 pm

nocera wrote:
Lt. Dish wrote:

I don't care how much people here dislike those two, that would bite us in the butt hard for several years. I just know it.

I thought the same thing about Jagr going to Washington.

LOL! I was too distraught to think anything after that trade. I think I was too preoccupied with having my fellow fans convince me about the potential of this "next Ron Francis" kid... :lol:
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby DiscoDadda on Tue May 13, 2014 11:18 pm

Watch Theirien Win Game 7.

Disco
DiscoDadda

Postby pressure=9Pa on Tue May 13, 2014 11:19 pm

FallenHero96 wrote:I really don't think you can blame Shero for any of this, other than bringing back Bylsma. Getting rid of RS would be a huge mistake. Shero will be eating crow soon when he has to fire him, and that should be enough.

The only way Shero goes is if Mario wanted DB gone last year, and GMRS hitched his wagon to STBFHCDB and got him an extra year.
pressure=9Pa
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby pressure=9Pa on Tue May 13, 2014 11:21 pm

Lt. Dish wrote:

Well, I said earlier that I'd cheer for Bylsma if he lands somewhere where it doesn't affect the Pens. I guess if he ends up coaching PHI, NYR, NYI, or WAS someday I will have to cheer against him.
pressure=9Pa
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Lt. Dish on Tue May 13, 2014 11:21 pm

I don't need the changes to be "seismic." I need them to be SMART, no matter how major or minor they may be.

Be SMART.
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby slappybrown on Tue May 13, 2014 11:21 pm

I'm ready to move on from Shero and Bylsma. Given that Shero and Bylsma jointly made the personnel decisions in terms of the lineup; that Shero has failed to solve the bottom six issue, in terms of at least giving those lines a purpose if not a lot of talent (admittedly a challenge with the cap but money that went to wastes like Scuderi, Adams, Glass, Etc. could have been better used elsewhere); and a poor draft record overall. Shero's proven unquestionably adept at deal-making, but the rest of his record is open to fair criticism IMO.

May be better to start from scratch here top down with a new vision.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Unbeliever on Tue May 13, 2014 11:21 pm

It's a bittersweet loss. Ofcourse I am annoyed and frustrated that they are out, especially after being up 3-1. At the same time, I've been annoyed and frustrated with this team for so long now, and this loss is the one thing that will finally bring changes.

Unlike a lot of the self proclaimed experts on here, I don't pretend to know the specifics of what their problem is and how to fix it. From my point of view, the problem could be Bylsma not being able to control the team, or it could be that the core of the team is a bunch of spoiled kids who won't let a coach control them. I really don't know. But it doesn't matter, changes will be made and maybe the team will be better afterwards or worse afterwards, but I prefer to move towards one extreme rather than be stuck in limbo.
Unbeliever
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby slappybrown on Tue May 13, 2014 11:24 pm

Also, Malkin is awesome.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy on Tue May 13, 2014 11:24 pm

slappybrown wrote:Also, Malkin is awesome.

I believe that is why he is my homeboy
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Location: you from the department of 'know what I'm saying"s?

Postby knives of ice on Tue May 13, 2014 11:24 pm

from rossi article

"Those questions already were being asked by majority co-owners Mario Lemieux and Ron Burkle and CEO David Morehouse."

david morehouse is involved in hockey decisions? my goodness... well, he sure did help morale by taking down the picture of Jagr in the locker room. good to know he's involved. hey, the brand is doing well.
knives of ice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Lt. Dish on Tue May 13, 2014 11:25 pm

slappybrown wrote:Also, Malkin is awesome.

I feel for him. I want to hug him. What a horrible time he's had between Sochi and this.

Next year, Geno. You'll do it next year.
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby FallenHero96 on Tue May 13, 2014 11:26 pm

Beveridge wrote:I can only imagine what this board will be like if whatever team Bylsma ends up on is still in playoffs when Pens are eliminated next year.

It wouldn't bother me. We already know what happens when Bylsma coaches this team. Perhaps he does better with another team. I'd root for him.
FallenHero96
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Lt. Dish on Tue May 13, 2014 11:28 pm

I think the Trib web site crashed.

It's YINZERGEDDON!
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Stevo on Tue May 13, 2014 11:28 pm

pens_CT wrote:
The U wrote:How many times this postseason did we hear "for whatever reason we just didn't show up tonight. Didn't compete."

Routinely not showing up or competing in PLAYOFF games. This team didn't want it badly enough.

Desire. Battle. Blood. Warriors. Sacrifice. Tough. War. Marathon. Hardest trophy to win in sports.

Do any of those words belong in the same sentence with the 2013/2014 Pittsburgh Penguins? No.

I think Bylsma lost this team at some point after the olympics. The lack of effort probably equates to a lack of respect for the HC. No way to prove that, its just an opinion.

Crosby lost respect for HCDB after watchin Babbcock pick apart his system in the olympics. thats my theory anyway.
Stevo
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Desiato on Tue May 13, 2014 11:38 pm

If I was Mario, I would bring in an experienced hockey mind to perform a detailed analysis of the team, top down.

I didn't think I'd advocate removing Shero, but the more I think about it, the more I realize just how out of touch this roster is with today's game. It's as if Shero is still in 2006.

IMO, the game has changed a lot since the Pens won the cup. Speed is less important than it was. Size is again more important than it was. Every player can now be contained. Owning your crease is again required.

This team isn't anywhere close to battle-ready for 2014. Martin, Niskanen and Maatta might all be very good players, but together they are unacceptably soft for the playoffs.
Last edited by Desiato on Tue May 13, 2014 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Desiato
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Kharlamov on Tue May 13, 2014 11:38 pm

Stevo wrote:
pens_CT wrote:
The U wrote:How many times this postseason did we hear "for whatever reason we just didn't show up tonight. Didn't compete."

Routinely not showing up or competing in PLAYOFF games. This team didn't want it badly enough.

Desire. Battle. Blood. Warriors. Sacrifice. Tough. War. Marathon. Hardest trophy to win in sports.

Do any of those words belong in the same sentence with the 2013/2014 Pittsburgh Penguins? No.

I think Bylsma lost this team at some point after the olympics. The lack of effort probably equates to a lack of respect for the HC. No way to prove that, its just an opinion.

Crosby lost respect for HCDB after watchin Babbcock pick apart his system in the olympics. thats my theory anyway.

I think there is truth to this. It can be liberating to see things from the outside.
Kharlamov
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Desiato on Tue May 13, 2014 11:40 pm

Kharlamov wrote:
Stevo wrote:

I think there is truth to this. It can be liberating to see things from the outside.

Maybe the Pens can trade for Babcock like the Clippers traded for Rivers. :p
Desiato
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Lt. Dish on Tue May 13, 2014 11:55 pm

Desiato wrote:This team is stacked with assets which puts them in a good position to improve. But I'm a Pens fan win or lose.

Expectations here are crazy. There aren't many better teams to follow than this one. But I'm all for a shake-out to get rid of the Crosby-era bandwagoners. You got a cup out of the deal. Good luck with your next team!

Came back to show this post some love. Truth.
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby knives of ice on Tue May 13, 2014 11:57 pm

firing Shero this season would be a huge huge mistake. he had one bad year. yes, his drafts haven't been the best but he has given this team an amazing roster to win with every year except this year.

there is no way you can fire the coach AND the gm and be ready for the draft/trades/ufa's. no way. the turnaround is too quick.
knives of ice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Pavel Bure on Wed May 14, 2014 12:00 am

Lt. Dish wrote:
Desiato wrote:This team is stacked with assets which puts them in a good position to improve. But I'm a Pens fan win or lose.

Expectations here are crazy. There aren't many better teams to follow than this one. But I'm all for a shake-out to get rid of the Crosby-era bandwagoners. You got a cup out of the deal. Good luck with your next team!

Came back to show this post some love. Truth.

Give me a break. New or old fans it doesn't matter. If they don't like something they're allowed to voice it. You can still be a fan and be angry with the team. So sick of people that "we're here before Crosby" acting like they're better or entitled to more than other fans. Shut it, we're all fans.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Avyran on Wed May 14, 2014 12:02 am

As many people have said, it's not the loss that's disappointing. It's the manner in which they've lost.
Avyran
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins