Official Former GDT GAME 7 Pens vs. Rags 5/13/14

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Official SEE YA LATER BYLSMA/PENS SUCK THREAD

Postby Unbeliever on Wed May 14, 2014 12:04 am

I would actually love Babcock as coach for the pens, I think he has the right character and experience to get an unruly star core into line. But he's signed for one more season with the wings.
Unbeliever
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Malkamaniac on Wed May 14, 2014 12:09 am

knives of ice wrote:firing Shero this season would be a huge huge mistake. he had one bad year. yes, his drafts haven't been the best but he has given this team an amazing roster to win with every year except this year.

there is no way you can fire the coach AND the gm and be ready for the draft/trades/ufa's. no way. the turnaround is too quick.

Why? It's not like the draft mattered to Shero, he just took best available d man anyways.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby nocera on Wed May 14, 2014 12:10 am

Just realized that the 3-1 curse from the CBJ series followed the Pens to round two.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby DudeMan2766 on Wed May 14, 2014 12:19 am

Its still early. We got this!!
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby SolidSnake on Wed May 14, 2014 12:20 am

LOL @ the guy sleeping in front of Mario
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby BigMcK on Wed May 14, 2014 12:28 am

My job is calling me. Probably should take this....... yep, out.

My boss wants me an hour early tomorrow.

REAL LIFE! Not making bank to just show up.
BigMcK
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Desiato on Wed May 14, 2014 12:32 am

Pavel Bure wrote:
Lt. Dish wrote:
Desiato wrote:This team is stacked with assets which puts them in a good position to improve. But I'm a Pens fan win or lose.

Expectations here are crazy. There aren't many better teams to follow than this one. But I'm all for a shake-out to get rid of the Crosby-era bandwagoners. You got a cup out of the deal. Good luck with your next team!

Came back to show this post some love. Truth.

Give me a break. New or old fans it doesn't matter. If they don't like something they're allowed to voice it. You can still be a fan and be angry with the team. So sick of people that "we're here before Crosby" acting like they're better or entitled to more than other fans. Shut it, we're all fans.

I posted that in the midst of emo quits. It's not that any fan is better than another. IMO, it's a fact that all successful teams have fairweather fans that only have a limited tolerance for losing. As a young man, the society I lived in frowned on fans like that.

A life-long fan will always experience ups and downs. I'm pretty lucky as a fan of the Pens: Mario era, Jagr era, Sid/Geno era, cups, awards, world class talent, world class owner, etc..

If this is the end of this core, we got a good run out of them. It was fun. I value the experience. I have no ill will towards those guys at all. They have nothing left to prove to me. And I'm gonna be pretty pissed off when entitled twits insult them after all that.

I tend not to like people who will enjoy the success of another and then turn on them when the well runs dry. So if I've offended that kind of guy, good.
Desiato
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Lt. Dish on Wed May 14, 2014 12:43 am

Pavel Bure wrote:
Lt. Dish wrote:
Desiato wrote:This team is stacked with assets which puts them in a good position to improve. But I'm a Pens fan win or lose.

Expectations here are crazy. There aren't many better teams to follow than this one. But I'm all for a shake-out to get rid of the Crosby-era bandwagoners. You got a cup out of the deal. Good luck with your next team!

Came back to show this post some love. Truth.

Give me a break. New or old fans it doesn't matter. If they don't like something they're allowed to voice it. You can still be a fan and be angry with the team. So sick of people that "we're here before Crosby" acting like they're better or entitled to more than other fans. Shut it, we're all fans.

First, "shut it" is a little rude, but I know tempers are high.

Second, it's not the idea that older fans who were here before Crosby are better and younger fans are "lesser." But some fans have seen more by sheer luck of simply being around longer to see more. Some fans have seen more disappointment, more coaches, more crazy systems, more hit/miss draft picks, more drama, more game 7s, more fluke wins, more fluke losses, etc. And from talking to some relatively new fans, I've found that many don't seem to know just how hard it is to win this thing and how much can go wrong. You don't just snap your fingers and win it every other year even if you have the 2 best players in the world. The expectation was set in 2008--early in the Sid/Malkin era--that we'll go to the finals again, and--boom--the next year we win the whole thing. There are two places to go from there: the same level, which is almost impossible, or down, which is, well, what we've been experiencing.

So while I'm as upset as the next fan, and my expectations were high (hell, I really thought they could win it all), I find how some are acting to be way over the top. And this is coming from someone who voiced her anger as "my face feels like it's 125 degrees." But I won't act like a birthright has been taken from me, like I've been wronged, and I'll show the Pens! I'll hold my fanaticism hostage until my "misplaced" devotion is avenged.
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby murphydump55 on Wed May 14, 2014 1:36 am

Avyran wrote:As many people have said, it's not the loss that's disappointing. It's the manner in which they've lost.

Exactly. Bylsma's record on home ice in the playoffs is a huge concern. Bylsma's record on home ice when faced with the opportunity of eliminating the opponent is also concerning. Bylsma's record on home ice in game 7's is a problem as well.

Blowing 3-1 series leads? Yeah tack that on as well. The lack of offense vs Boston and now the Rangers? Yeah, I guess that's an issue too.

I say Shero stays, but Bylsma has to go. We have a strong stable of upcoming dmen and we have to start using them if they're ready. With Bylsma it's clear that he wants nothing to do with young, upcoming talent. He doesn't develop talent well either, so that's concerning.

I expect a blow up. Bylsma, Neal, Fleury are on the top of the list. IF they can find a taker for Scuderi, I'd hope they're exploring it too.
murphydump55
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby marek on Wed May 14, 2014 2:20 am

The way they played the last three games of this series it's almost like they all got together to watch the Montreal/Boston series and decided that they would be better off golfing, or on a beach or playing for their country at the world championships instead.

They were beaten by an inferior opponent, who came together and rallied to support a guy that they barely know, a guy that was a deadline day acquisition for their captain... who had been a complete flop and liability up until his mom died!!!

Yes, tragic for the St. Louis family. But hardly reason for such a change of events.

Boston would have buried them in game 5 and St. Louis too.

Not send flowers like the pens did.
marek
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby bdevido on Wed May 14, 2014 2:27 am

you are really going to reference the death of st. louis's mom as to the reason he scored more points? st. louis is a good player any day of the week regardless of what happened to him personally. our team is lousy, across the board starting with bylsma. when you are up 3-1 you close the deal, or else change is coming. and i hope it is, because it needed to after last season and it didn't.
bdevido
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Cedar Penn on Wed May 14, 2014 5:22 am

bdevido wrote:you are really going to reference the death of st. louis's mom as to the reason he scored more points? st. louis is a good player any day of the week regardless of what happened to him personally. our team is lousy, across the board starting with bylsma. when you are up 3-1 you close the deal, or else change is coming. and i hope it is, because it needed to after last season and it didn't.

:thumb:
Cedar Penn
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Cedar Penn on Wed May 14, 2014 5:23 am

SolidSnake wrote:Image

LOL @ the guy sleeping in front of Mario

That's what happens when you stare too long at Crosby during the playoffs.
Cedar Penn
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Re: Official Former GDT GAME 7 Pens vs. Rags 5/13/14

Postby Eismann on Wed May 14, 2014 6:14 am

The losses themselves are indeed severely disappointing, as are the manner in which they occur, because they keep losing to inferior opponents.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby columbia on Wed May 14, 2014 6:28 am

So I guess that actually happened. Yuck.

Dear Ray: Please make the team tough to play against, once again....and hire someone who knows how control a team.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Postby Factorial on Wed May 14, 2014 6:30 am

Lt. Dish wrote:
Second, it's not the idea that older fans who were here before Crosby are better and younger fans are "lesser." But some fans have seen more by sheer luck of simply being around longer to see more. Some fans have seen more disappointment, more coaches, more crazy systems, more hit/miss draft picks, more drama, more game 7s, more fluke wins, more fluke losses, etc. And from talking to some relatively new fans, I've found that many don't seem to know just how hard it is to win this thing and how much can go wrong. You don't just snap your fingers and win it every other year even if you have the 2 best players in the world. The expectation was set in 2008--early in the Sid/Malkin era--that we'll go to the finals again, and--boom--the next year we win the whole thing. There are two places to go from there: the same level, which is almost impossible, or down, which is, well, what we've been experiencing.

So while I'm as upset as the next fan, and my expectations were high (hell, I really thought they could win it all), I find how some are acting to be way over the top. And this is coming from someone who voiced her anger as "my face feels like it's 125 degrees." But I won't act like a birthright has been taken from me, like I've been wronged, and I'll show the Pens! I'll hold my fanaticism hostage until my "misplaced" devotion is avenged.

:thumb:
Factorial
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Humperdink on Wed May 14, 2014 6:33 am

Fleury was a train wreck in playoffs past. They bring in a new goalie coach and he ups his game. Pens team continue to their playoff derailments, it is no mystery what will happen next. The only question is how high in the organization.

I feel no ill will to HCDB. He was in over his head with this team. Or maybe these guys are unmanageable, I don't know. But it is clearly not working.

My annual expectations are the same - make it the ECF's EVERY YEAR and don't get embarrassed when you bow out. And a Stanley Cup every 3-4 years. Not unreasonable with our core.

It will be interesting to see how the organization handles this. Whether it be a knee jerk "clear the decks" or a several week analysis of our woes.
Humperdink
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Cedar Penn on Wed May 14, 2014 6:47 am

Lemieux says "no immediate changes" - Team to be re-evaluated this summer.
Cedar Penn
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Inkio on Wed May 14, 2014 6:51 am

Cedar Penn wrote:Lemieux says "no immediate changes" - Team to be re-evaluated this summer.

DEAR GOD! Really?! If DB is not fired I don't think I can watch another train wreck playoff season... I'll just convince myself there is another lockout and not watch hockey all year.
Inkio
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Jim on Wed May 14, 2014 7:01 am

luv66 wrote:
Pavel Bure wrote:
GDR wrote:John Buccigross ‏@Buccigross 13s
Source: "lots of dissension in the locker room during the playoffs towards him (Bylsma). Arguing in meetings, etc. 99.98% he's gone"

Crosby was straight yelling at him on the bench. Bylsma is gone.

Sid looked royally disgusted/pissed at him, it was glorious. I would like to believe that Sid was so bad because he was trying to get DB canned but I don't really think that is the case.

Was Bylsma using him wrong?
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: Official GDT NYR @ PIT -- GAME 7

Postby Cu11en on Wed May 14, 2014 9:12 am

marek wrote:
mac5155 wrote:Nhl got what it wanted. Chicago new York Boston and LA

Correction Anaheim

Anaheim is 15 miles from downtown Los Angeles.
Cu11en
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Lt. Dish on Wed May 14, 2014 11:09 am

Inkio wrote:
Cedar Penn wrote:Lemieux says "no immediate changes" - Team to be re-evaluated this summer.

DEAR GOD! Really?! If DB is not fired I don't think I can watch another train wreck playoff season... I'll just convince myself there is another lockout and not watch hockey all year.

It's May 14! You can't pull the trigger on a firing without a plan to proceed. So, what--they fire him by 7am this morning, and find by August that no one else is available? No, any warm body isn't going to be better. J. Martin can't be counted on as a back-up. Maybe he doesn't want to be a head coach right now (or again).

The team hasn't even cleaned out their lockers yet. I find it absolutely crazy that some feel there should be an announcement this morning!
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby llipgh2 on Wed May 14, 2014 11:15 am

Inkio wrote:

They have to have a plan in place first. I prefer this approach to the Capitals "We fired the coach and GM the morning after elimination. Now what?" method.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby llipgh2 on Wed May 14, 2014 11:17 am

I'd love for Montreal to spoil this party tonight.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Lt. Dish on Wed May 14, 2014 11:22 am

llipgh2 wrote:

I'd love for Montreal to spoil this party tonight.

Amen.
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins