Good game, Pens!

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Good game, Pens!

Postby JarkkoVision on Tue May 13, 2014 9:51 pm

I'm not sure if all of the whiners noticed, but the score was 2-1. Pens played a good game. Officiating was terrible and if you can't see that and how the game was dictated by it, then I don't know what to tell you. I don't know what the NHL is trying to do. But they're going to lose fans before they make more if they keep up this garbage.
Last edited by JarkkoVision on Tue May 13, 2014 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JarkkoVision
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: Good game, Pens!

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy on Tue May 13, 2014 9:52 pm

JarkkoVision wrote:I'm not sure if all of the whiners noticed, but the score was 2-1. Pens played a good game. Officiating was terrible and if you can't see that and how the game was dictated by it, then I don't know what to tell you. I don't know what the NHL is trying to do. But they're going to lose fans before they make more if the keep up this garbage.

It wasn't the game, it was the last 3.
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Location: you from the department of 'know what I'm saying"s?

Postby Inkio on Tue May 13, 2014 9:52 pm

I don't care if they played a good game in game 7. They had 3 games to play a good game and lost all 3 because they can't finish when they are up 3-1 in a series.
Inkio
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby iWonTheCup87 on Tue May 13, 2014 9:53 pm

did you even watch the whole series????? they stopped playing hockey after game 4 and finally tried in game 7. Not GOOD ENOUGH
iWonTheCup87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby PhantomJB93 on Tue May 13, 2014 9:53 pm

This thread makes me want to puke. Last thing this team needs right now is positive encouragement. They need a kick in the ass.
PhantomJB93
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby shmenguin on Tue May 13, 2014 9:54 pm

the officiating didn't matter. we took a shot. it didn't go in. the zone was cleared. repeat 30 times. and there you have it.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby offsides on Tue May 13, 2014 9:54 pm

Blaming the refs for this meltdown is very lame.
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Pavel Bure on Tue May 13, 2014 9:55 pm

JarkkoVision wrote:I'm not sure if all of the whiners noticed, but the score was 2-1. Pens played a good game. Officiating was terrible and if you can't see that and how the game was dictated by it, then I don't know what to tell you. I don't know what the NHL is trying to do. But they're going to lose fans before they make more if they keep up this garbage.

Except you know they had them down 3-1 and choked.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby JarkkoVision on Tue May 13, 2014 9:55 pm

It's been a joke the entire playoffs. Like I said, if you can't see it, then I don't know what to tell you.
JarkkoVision
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby bringitonhome on Tue May 13, 2014 9:55 pm

Hahahahahahahahahaha
bringitonhome
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby JarkkoVision on Tue May 13, 2014 9:57 pm

offsides wrote:Blaming the refs for this meltdown is very lame.

Really? Multiple too many men, interference, boarding...not called. Even the commentators mentioned it. There's no excuse for that in any game, especially a game 7.
JarkkoVision
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Crankshaft on Tue May 13, 2014 9:57 pm

lolol good game lololol
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby DesertPenguin on Tue May 13, 2014 9:58 pm

Talented entitlement.

Pens have had so much smoke blown up their tails about how talented they are, how they should win, that they expect it. When it doesn't go their way they can manufacture the want to for maybe a game at a time, but it's artificial and it doesn't last. Pens need change.
DesertPenguin
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby shmenguin on Tue May 13, 2014 9:59 pm

participation trophies will be awarded at tuesday night's pizza party. parents may bring orange slices and gatorade for the boys.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby shafnutz05 on Tue May 13, 2014 9:59 pm

lololololololol
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Bioshock on Tue May 13, 2014 9:59 pm

Bioshock
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby JarkkoVision on Tue May 13, 2014 10:01 pm

I'm not making the officiating an excuse. I'm just pointing out how ridiculous it is.
JarkkoVision
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby RentedMule66 on Tue May 13, 2014 10:01 pm

JarkkoVision wrote:I'm not sure if all of the whiners noticed, but the score was 2-1. Pens played a good game. Officiating was terrible and if you can't see that and how the game was dictated by it, then I don't know what to tell you. I don't know what the NHL is trying to do. But they're going to lose fans before they make more if they keep up this garbage.

Complaining about the officials? Doesn't that make you a "whiner"? Blaming officials is what losers do.
RentedMule66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby JarkkoVision on Tue May 13, 2014 10:04 pm

RentedMule66 wrote:

Complaining about the officials? Doesn't that make you a "whiner"? Blaming officials is what losers do.

Again, you're not getting my point. I'm saying how ridiculous the NHL has become. The officiating is terrible. It dictated the game. Basically, the NHL has become the NBA. I'm not sure at what point that happened, but I don't like it.
JarkkoVision
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby shmenguin on Tue May 13, 2014 10:06 pm

they missed a too many men call. the rest of the game was uneventful, as far as officiating goes.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby RentedMule66 on Tue May 13, 2014 10:06 pm

JarkkoVision wrote:
RentedMule66 wrote:

Again, you're not getting my point. I'm saying how ridiculous the NHL has become. The officiating is terrible. It dictated the game. Basically, the NHL has become the NBA. I'm not sure at what point that happened, but I don't like it.

I don't think it's what the NHL HAS become, because we all complained with Lemieux how the league had become a "garage" league. I think as long as there has been officiating, someone has complained about them.
RentedMule66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby joe on Tue May 13, 2014 10:09 pm

The refs did not blow this game or this series the pens did! How can you say the pens played a good game? Where was the forecheck? Where was the intensity. The malkin line played well along with the sutter line that's it. Only one power play for the pens which was nullified by neal. Not a great day for hockey!
joe
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby profpolisci on Tue May 13, 2014 10:10 pm

Nice, classy sentiment by the OP...but right now I'm going with this
Spoiler:
profpolisci
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Puck Drama on Tue May 13, 2014 10:12 pm

yea Nealkerovsky
Puck Drama
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby JarkkoVision on Tue May 13, 2014 10:13 pm

joe wrote:The refs did not blow this game or this series the pens did! How can you say the pens played a good game? Where was the forecheck? Where was the intensity. The malkin line played well along with the sutter line that's it. Only one power play for the pens which was nullified by neal. Not a great day for hockey!

The score. Fleury let in a bit of a softie. It was a tight game. A game played to see who would go to the conference final. I'm a Pens fan, but they're not almighty. It was a good game. The officiating is a joke. And the NHL doesn't do anything about that.

When you say you're concerned about players heads and concussions, yet you let so much dirty stuff go, you're being a hypocrite.
JarkkoVision
AHL'er
AHL'er

Next

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins