THIS IS NOT A VERY GOOD OR MATURE TEAM

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

THIS IS NOT A VERY GOOD OR MATURE TEAM

Postby maopens on Tue May 13, 2014 9:54 pm

Time to make major changes. After watching this same script play out for 5 straight years, I have no desire to watch it again next season. If Mario brings back the same crew and same coaching staff then I will have a lot of free time next year.

This team has no heart, no grit, no maturity, no leadership, and is very, very easy to play against. I'd like to blast MAF also but he played pretty well tonight. He's good enough to win games but he's not good enough to close teams out alone. Henry Lundqvist is ... and ... he did.

Good night Pens. Enjoy your summer, you collective group of underachievers.
maopens
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:39 pm

Re: THIS IS NOT A VERY GOOD OR MATURE TEAM

Postby Factorial on Tue May 13, 2014 9:56 pm

maopens wrote:Time to make major changes. After watching this same script play out for 5 straight years, I have no desire to watch it again next season. If Mario brings back the same crew and same coaching staff then I will have a lot of free time next year.

This team has no heart, no grit, no maturity, no leadership, and is very, very easy to play against. I'd like to blast MAF also but he played pretty well tonight. He's good enough to win games but he's not good enough to close teams out alone. Henry Lundqvist is ... and ... he did.

Good night Pens. Enjoy your summer, you collective group of underachievers.


You should switch your allegiance to the Flyers.
Factorial
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 7,838
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:25 pm
Location: Gleefully Ignorant

Re: THIS IS NOT A VERY GOOD OR MATURE TEAM

Postby maopens on Tue May 13, 2014 9:58 pm

because I don't have blind allegiance to a style that doesn't work?
maopens
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:39 pm

Re: THIS IS NOT A VERY GOOD OR MATURE TEAM

Postby PhantomJB93 on Tue May 13, 2014 9:59 pm

If Bylsma, Shero, Neal, or Letang are on this team to start next season....**** this organization. They ALL need to go.
PhantomJB93
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,446
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:21 pm
Location: Blacksburg, VA

Re: THIS IS NOT A VERY GOOD OR MATURE TEAM

Postby Bioshock on Tue May 13, 2014 10:01 pm

PhantomJB93 wrote:If Bylsma, Shero, Neal, or Letang are on this team to start next season....**** this organization. They ALL need to go.


I'm afraid I've got some bad news.
Bioshock
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,869
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:55 pm
Location: Mt. Lebanon

Re: THIS IS NOT A VERY GOOD OR MATURE TEAM

Postby Steve on Tue May 13, 2014 10:02 pm

There is zero chance that Mario will stand pat with the same team/coaching staff next season. zero.

And I'm referring to substantial changes - not just the normal turnover from year to year.
Steve
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,683
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:56 am
Location: Maryland

Re: THIS IS NOT A VERY GOOD OR MATURE TEAM

Postby owtahear on Tue May 13, 2014 10:03 pm

Still waiting for someone to post Sid's playoff PPG numbers to justify him playing well.
owtahear
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,289
Joined: Fri May 26, 2006 9:02 pm

Re: THIS IS NOT A VERY GOOD OR MATURE TEAM

Postby maopens on Tue May 13, 2014 10:10 pm

Sid did not play well - period.
maopens
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:39 pm

Re: THIS IS NOT A VERY GOOD OR MATURE TEAM

Postby joe on Tue May 13, 2014 10:24 pm

Sad to say but the pens do not have the necessary leaders to lead them to a cup. In 2009 guerin was the key piece that helped lead them to the puck. The rangers have guys like richards and st louis leaders and winners. Sid for all he has done is not the leader of the team. The pens need a grizzled vet to lead when times are tough.
joe
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 915
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:52 pm
Location: va

Re: THIS IS NOT A VERY GOOD OR MATURE TEAM

Postby rgj on Tue May 13, 2014 10:46 pm

joe wrote:Sad to say but the pens do not have the necessary leaders to lead them to a cup. In 2009 guerin was the key piece that helped lead them to the puck. The rangers have guys like richards and st louis leaders and winners. Sid for all he has done is not the leader of the team. The pens need a grizzled vet to lead when times are tough.


Did you hear that Sane Loooey's mother died?
rgj
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,111
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:11 am

Re: THIS IS NOT A VERY GOOD OR MATURE TEAM

Postby DocEmrick on Tue May 13, 2014 10:54 pm

OKAY MAN WE CAN HEAR YOU
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,576
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:33 pm
Location: 39°6′32″N 76°46′17″W

Re: THIS IS NOT A VERY GOOD OR MATURE TEAM

Postby Lt. Dish on Tue May 13, 2014 11:11 pm

I laugh at all of this "I'm not watching next year!" stuff.

And I mean laughing at, not laughing with, people saying this.

Tonight blew. It sucked. It really did. I feel awful--like I said in the GDT, worse that last year, if that can be believed. But holy cow, if I were to adopt the mindset that some here have, I'd have packed it in....

in
1989 (our first real taste of something special, and we had our hearts ripped out in an upset by the Flyers)
1993 (yeah, we know)
1994 (huge upset Caps over Pens, the only time they beat us in the POs. Horrible.)
1995 (upset by Devils in 2nd rd--team couldn't score then when they needed to)
1996 (yeah, we know)
1998 (huge upset by MTL in the 1st rd. We didn't have Mario, but it still was a joke.)
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,236
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:07 pm
Location: PDAS: In good hands since 2008. WIN IT FOR DUPER!

Re: THIS IS NOT A VERY GOOD OR MATURE TEAM

Postby Grunthy on Tue May 13, 2014 11:22 pm

owtahear wrote:Still waiting for someone to post Sid's playoff PPG numbers to justify him playing well.



I'm hoping you stop posting on this board. Looks like we both won't get what we want...
Grunthy
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,133
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:08 pm

Re: THIS IS NOT A VERY GOOD OR MATURE TEAM

Postby sniper on Tue May 13, 2014 11:39 pm

joe wrote:Sad to say but the pens do not have the necessary leaders to lead them to a cup. In 2009 guerin was the key piece that helped lead them to the puck. The rangers have guys like richards and st louis leaders and winners. Sid for all he has done is not the leader of the team. The pens need a grizzled vet to lead when times are tough.


Richards and St. Louis??????? Seriously? HAHAHAHAHA. Those were easily two of the Rangers worst players.
sniper
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,269
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:25 pm

Re: THIS IS NOT A VERY GOOD OR MATURE TEAM

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy on Tue May 13, 2014 11:40 pm

sniper wrote:
joe wrote:Sad to say but the pens do not have the necessary leaders to lead them to a cup. In 2009 guerin was the key piece that helped lead them to the puck. The rangers have guys like richards and st louis leaders and winners. Sid for all he has done is not the leader of the team. The pens need a grizzled vet to lead when times are tough.


Richards and St. Louis??????? Seriously? HAHAHAHAHA. Those were easily two of the Rangers worst players.


Eh, 2nd and 3rd. Nash is easily the worst.
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,837
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:18 pm
Location: wat

Re: THIS IS NOT A VERY GOOD OR MATURE TEAM

Postby offsides on Wed May 14, 2014 12:03 am

Three goals total in three series clinching games. That certainly qualifies as a "not very good team". Be very interesting to see what management thinks.
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,508
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:48 pm
Location: Man Cave in Washington, PA

Re: THIS IS NOT A VERY GOOD OR MATURE TEAM

Postby Jim on Wed May 14, 2014 6:50 am

Factorial wrote:
maopens wrote:Time to make major changes. After watching this same script play out for 5 straight years, I have no desire to watch it again next season. If Mario brings back the same crew and same coaching staff then I will have a lot of free time next year.

This team has no heart, no grit, no maturity, no leadership, and is very, very easy to play against. I'd like to blast MAF also but he played pretty well tonight. He's good enough to win games but he's not good enough to close teams out alone. Henry Lundqvist is ... and ... he did.

Good night Pens. Enjoy your summer, you collective group of underachievers.


You should switch your allegiance to the Flyers.


Why?
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,918
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:18 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: THIS IS NOT A VERY GOOD OR MATURE TEAM

Postby Cedar Penn on Wed May 14, 2014 7:07 am

Bioshock wrote:
PhantomJB93 wrote:If Bylsma, Shero, Neal, or Letang are on this team to start next season....**** this organization. They ALL need to go.


I'm afraid I've got some bad news.


Lemieux says "no immediate changes"
Cedar Penn
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 341
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:10 am

Re: THIS IS NOT A VERY GOOD OR MATURE TEAM

Postby slappybrown on Wed May 14, 2014 8:29 am

owtahear wrote:Still waiting for someone to post Sid's playoff PPG numbers to justify him playing well.

Troll the days away.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,745
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:08 am
Location: Noted Board Henchman

Re: THIS IS NOT A VERY GOOD OR MATURE TEAM

Postby IMFC on Wed May 14, 2014 8:41 am

This is not a very good or mature thread. Oh, and your caps lock is stuck. Just soak your keyboard in hot, soapy water overnight - that should do it.
IMFC
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 517
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 12:42 pm

Re: THIS IS NOT A VERY GOOD OR MATURE TEAM

Postby King Sid the Great 87 on Wed May 14, 2014 8:46 am

Some (not many) saw how these last few seasons would play out after '09-'10. Shero has hitched his wagon to a superstar model that doesn't work. He doubled down last year with Letang's contract, and he is likely untradeable now. Malkin and Crosby aren't getting moved. Dupuis and Kunitz are aging vets with three years left.

Get comfortable. The only "blowing up" that might occur is firing Bylsma (which should have happened after the '12 Philly debacle), and maybe moving one of Martin or Neal. I'd prefer to move Neal, but the organization has nothing to replace him. At least with Martin, Despres is available to make a legitimate attempt to fill the void. Of course, they more or less wasted him the last several years, so who knows if he is ready?

This team for the next few years will look largely the same as the last three: a couple of fat contracts eating up a significant portion of the cap and retreads/fringe NHL'ers filling out the roster. This future has been evident since the day Malkin and Staal's entry level deals expired.
King Sid the Great 87
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,968
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:41 am

Re: THIS IS NOT A VERY GOOD OR MATURE TEAM

Postby Hawkeynut on Wed May 14, 2014 8:54 am

Cedar Penn wrote:
Bioshock wrote:
PhantomJB93 wrote:If Bylsma, Shero, Neal, or Letang are on this team to start next season....**** this organization. They ALL need to go.


I'm afraid I've got some bad news.


Lemieux says "no immediate changes"


As Lemieux should. NO major decision should be made after bitter disappointment. Things should cool off in a month's time to make clear decisions.

Maybe it is just me, but doesn't it seem like Mario is getting more and more involved? I haven't heard from Shero at all in these playoffs.
Hawkeynut
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,921
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:52 am
Location: Somewhere between point A and point B

Re: THIS IS NOT A VERY GOOD OR MATURE TEAM

Postby Jesse on Wed May 14, 2014 9:00 am

maopens wrote:Time to make major changes. After watching this same script play out for 5 straight years, I have no desire to watch it again next season.


Good, don't.
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,644
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:07 am
Location: The Land of Condescending Posters

Re: THIS IS NOT A VERY GOOD OR MATURE TEAM

Postby Crankshaft on Wed May 14, 2014 9:02 am

owtahear wrote:Still waiting for someone to post Sid's playoff PPG numbers to justify him playing well.


And you wonder why people call you a troll. You might be old, but you still need to grow up.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,555
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 12:35 pm

Re: THIS IS NOT A VERY GOOD OR MATURE TEAM

Postby count2infinity on Wed May 14, 2014 9:03 am

Crankshaft wrote:
owtahear wrote:Still waiting for someone to post Sid's playoff PPG numbers to justify him playing well.


And you wonder why people call you a troll. You might be old, but you still need to grow up.


He's been a fan longer than you... give him a little respect.
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,355
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: #isitoctoberyet??? Lololololololol

Next

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BleuLineLady, BurghThing, demondg1, Grunthy, meow, mikey287, RxBandit66 and 36 guests


e-mail