Pens/Rags Game 7 - 30 Minutes after thread

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Pens/Rags Game 7 - 30 Minutes after thread

Postby FLPensFan on Tue May 13, 2014 10:11 pm

Sorry, I ain't waiting until morning.

Things I hope to see happen, in this order:

1) Chicago wins the Stanley Cup. Why? Because fans can point to Shero/Bylsma/Lemieux/etc and say, "This is what we should have had. It is possible." 3 cups and a conference finals in 7 years, whereas the Penguins, with the 2 best centers in the world, achieved 1 Cup, 1 finals loss, and 1 conference finals in the same period. Unacceptable. Their plan did not and does not work. MAJOR CHANGES NEEDED.

2) Fire Bylsma. It is time. Lundqvist stole the last 2 games for the Rangers, but the Penguins should have been able to put them away without running into the hot goalie. Again, they played poorly. The effort is no longer there. I don't know if the team has finally tuned him out, soured on his system, or what, but I don't care if the Pens go undefeated in 2014-2015. If they can't win in the playoffs, who cares. You have Crosby and Malkin. Their prime years are wasting away. This move would be far reaching, as it could cost Hynes his job in WBS too. Remember they play Pens system there, and if they don't think Hynes can coach a different system, he could be out too. The lack of committing to younger players at times, particularly Despres, is also a factor for me.

3) Fire Shero. I am on the fence on this one, but not opposed to it. His continual draft of defensemen is beginning to show as a weakness. He failed to make up for the loss of Pacal Dupuis at the trade deadline. The forward cupboard is bare. Nobody down there is ready or close to being a top 6 forward. You can't do that. The Kesler rumours of needing a top center prospect shows that you can't just load up on young defensemen. He has done some great things as GM, but I look at giving Kunitz, Dupuis, and Scuderi 4 year deals at their age something that is also a big negative. Scuderi already looks like a bad signing in year one. Kunitz had a great season, but did not do much of anything in the playoffs. Will be interesting to see how he does next year and more. Dupuis just blew out his knee. Couldn't have known that before the signing, but now you have to be worried about how much money is tied up in 34/35 year old players, two of whom didn't produce. Not firing Blysma last year is another strike. The constant Sutter for Kesler talk may also bite him in the *** when it comes time to negotiate with Sutter.

4) Attempt to trade/dump/buyout/execute Neal and Scuderi. Scuderi needs to go somehow....any way possible. Too much cap space. I'd rather let a younger player (Bortuzzo, Dumoulin, Pouliot, Despres, etc) struggle then paying Scuderi the money he gets. Neals antics have tired on me.

I've been a Pens fan since around 1980, 5 years old going to games with my father and grandparents, and I am more sad at the state of this team than frustrated. All the talent in the world and they cannot put it together. I moved to Florida in 1998, and have paid for Center Ice every year since, even when money was tight. I can honestly say that if there are not some major changes to the roster and staff this summer, I may finally relent and give up Center Ice. To me, with no major changes, it shows me that Lemieux/Burkle are satisfied with playoffs, home sellouts, and getting their money. We had the players to be a Chicago, winning multiple cups, multiple conference finals, but this team has wasted at least 3 years of post-season play. It can't continue.
FLPensFan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: Pens/Rags Game 7 - 30 Minutes after thread

Postby mac5155 on Tue May 13, 2014 10:23 pm

We should've drafted Toews over Staal
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: Pens/Rags Game 7 - 30 Minutes after thread

Postby FLPensFan on Wed May 14, 2014 12:29 am

FLPensFan