Open Letter to Mario

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Open Letter to Mario

Postby newarenanow on Wed May 14, 2014 12:02 pm

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:
newarenanow wrote:Definitely seems more calm. I'm not as upset. I wasn't expecting much this postseason. What hurts is blowing the 3-1 lead. If we lost to the Rags and it was back and forth and hard fought, it wouldn't bother me much.

I also think that there is word that changes are going to happen this offseason has softened the blow too.

spoken as if your pitt fandom has infected your pens fandom

Very similar.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Lt. Dish on Wed May 14, 2014 12:53 pm

Fast B wrote:Dear Mario,

I never thought it would happen to me....

This elicited a cackle and sharp looks from library staff. Thank you!
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Location: WIN IT FOR [insert important player here]...let's keep the list short, OK?!

Postby knives of ice on Wed May 14, 2014 1:35 pm

count2infinity wrote:Who is Mike Adams?

hopefully the author spends alot of time on the south side late at night
knives of ice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby jwest21 on Wed May 14, 2014 3:39 pm

I am writing a closed letter to Mario that no one is allowed to see. Even I am not allowed to see it.
jwest21
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby owtahear on Wed May 14, 2014 4:51 pm

First off, I expected the typical reaction from most of yinz to this thread. You guys, Penguin fans, are as SOFF as the Penguins are. Soft. Absolutely soft. What do you expect people to say, "well my Pens lost, but Sidney Crosby is still cute and I love him".

Soft. Absolutely the single worst place to try and have critical hockey tawk is on this board.

Soft. You guys are soft.
owtahear
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy on Wed May 14, 2014 4:53 pm

Who is John Galt?
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Wed May 14, 2014 4:58 pm

owtahear wrote:First off, I expected the typical reaction from most of yinz to this thread. You guys, Penguin fans, are as SOFF as the Penguins are. Soft. Absolutely soft. What do you expect people to say, "well my Pens lost, but Sidney Crosby is still cute and I love him".

Soft. Absolutely the single worst place to try and have critical hockey tawk is on this board.

Soft. You guys are soft.

Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Crankshaft on Wed May 14, 2014 4:58 pm

owtahear wrote:First off, I expected the typical reaction from most of yinz to this thread. You guys, Penguin fans, are as SOFF as the Penguins are. Soft. Absolutely soft. What do you expect people to say, "well my Pens lost, but Sidney Crosby is still cute and I love him".

Soft. You guys are soft.

You are definitely the same guy who was on the Steeler Nation boards years ago. I think you got banned/run off from there.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby count2infinity on Wed May 14, 2014 4:58 pm

Soft. You guys are soft.

count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby westside on Wed May 14, 2014 6:26 pm

Soft. You guys are soft.

So what are you trying to say?
westside
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby PghSkins on Wed May 14, 2014 6:29 pm

QUIT OPENING MY MAIL

-Mario
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Desiato on Wed May 14, 2014 7:05 pm

Hah. Calling fans soff. That's rich.

If there were such a thing as a soft fan, it's one who has frequent meltdowns and mood swings. One who can't stomach losing. One who feels the team somehow owes them victory. A fan who asks, "what have you done for me lately" after receiving so much previously.

A tough fan would be one who can deal with adversity and remain balanced.

Anyone writing open letters to Mario should also consider writing open letters to the owners of every team so they can see how good we have it as fans of the Pittsburgh Penguins.

Mike: I love that you seem to think you know what happened to Mario and the Penguins better than he does. Unreal. Look in the mirror, eh? Heh.
Last edited by Desiato on Wed May 14, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Desiato
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Guinness on Wed May 14, 2014 7:13 pm

Soft. You guys are soft.

If only we were as tough as you... maybe then things with this franchise would turn around.
Guinness
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Grunthy on Wed May 14, 2014 8:02 pm

westside wrote:

Soft. You guys are soft.

So what are you trying to say?

That he's a troll. It was disguised well!
Grunthy
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Wed May 14, 2014 8:06 pm

Desiato wrote:Hah. Calling fans soff. That's rich.

If there were such a thing as a soft fan, it's one who has frequent meltdowns and mood swings. One who can't stomach losing. One who feels the team somehow owes them victory. A fan who asks, "what have you done for me lately" after receiving so much previously.

A tough fan would be one who can deal with adversity and remain balanced.

Anyone writing open letters to Mario should also consider writing open letters to the owners of every team so they can see how good we have it as fans of the Pittsburgh Penguins.

Mike: I love that you seem to think you know what happened to Mario and the Penguins better than he does. Unreal. Look in the mirror, eh? Heh.

:thumb:
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby ulf on Wed May 14, 2014 9:48 pm

newarenanow wrote:
KennyTheKangaroo wrote:
newarenanow wrote:Definitely seems more calm. I'm not as upset. I wasn't expecting much this postseason. What hurts is blowing the 3-1 lead. If we lost to the Rags and it was back and forth and hard fought, it wouldn't bother me much.

I also think that there is word that changes are going to happen this offseason has softened the blow too.

spoken as if your pitt fandom has infected your pens fandom

Very similar.

One of these days we will once again expect greatness from both the pens and the super panthers.
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins