meecrofilm wrote:Scotty Bowman's words: "Crosby has been there (Pittsburgh) what, 8 years? Aside from Malkin (who is really a center), has he ever had a star to play with? Kunitz is a nice player, and I'm not trying to denigrate him....it looks like to me, their supporting cast is not good enough."
Hey, at least someone outside the organization can recognize this. Not sure who he is or what his credentials are, but it's a start......
This apparently came from a radio interview. If true, shame on all of you for not following this track.
Really, Sid did have Hossa, who was pretty much at his prime. They did click, and went to the finals, but did not quite have enough other players, or experience to win it.
But other than Hossa, Sid should have a better fit. I give full marks to Dupuis and Kunitz, both have become better players and made themselves worthy of playing with Sid, but both of them do not stars (arguements for Kunitz as he did play for Team Canada).
Sid could really use a big body crash/bang/protect kind of guy to go with another skill player.
A few points in defense of Ray.
- Shero got stuck up against the cap, then it was lowered and he was handcuffed (remember, he has cap expert Botteral working with him, not solely his fault)
- Injuries, these guys need to be replaced, but then they come back, so dippping into the minors when up agains the cap is pretty much only option.
- When best trades in recent years debate gets tossed around, Shero's name is always in there.
- GM of the year not long ago.
- This year's loss was in a game 7 vs. a team that had every reason to fight harder than the Pens.
I realize that its all about what you did for me lately. And I'm not going out and trying to refute some of the facts against him, I'm not saying he's perfect, but if the internet mob is taking him to the gallows, let him at least have a sip of water and a few words before he gets his punishment, he deserves that.