Letang's trade solves a lot of problems

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Letang's trade solves a lot of problems

Postby Hugo Stiglitz on Thu May 15, 2014 5:04 pm

Letang needs to go bye bye. I don't care what coach is brought in, it was an irresponsible contract to sign. The Penguins could spread the wealth really well with $7M between two defensemen or a dman and a forward...you get my point.

I think Letang is as talented as any top dman in the NHL and yes, maybe another coach will put him on the right track but the Penguins aren't in a position to wait and find out.
Hugo Stiglitz
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Crankshaft on Thu May 15, 2014 6:05 pm

Penspal wrote:Still far from a 7M, more like a 4.5M

How in the world do you come up with $4.5 million? :lol:
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby GSdrums87 on Thu May 15, 2014 6:09 pm

Letang has never shown me anything that makes him worth a cent over $5 million on this team. Irresponsible contract to a cap strapped team.
GSdrums87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Crankshaft on Thu May 15, 2014 6:09 pm

Hugo Stiglitz wrote:Letang needs to go bye bye. I don't care what coach is brought in, it was an irresponsible contract to sign. The Penguins could spread the wealth really well with $7M between two defensemen or a dman and a forward...you get my point.

I think Letang is as talented as any top dman in the NHL and yes, maybe another coach will put him on the right track but the Penguins aren't in a position to wait and find out.

You're insane. Letang is worth every penny of his $7 million and his relative cap hit will shrink as the cap increases each year.

The guy is an absolute game breaker and can take over a game at any moment. You don't get that with the type of player you're going to sign for $4-5 million.

Matt Niskanan, Andy Macdonald...those are the guys you're getting for $4.5-5.5 million. You don't have a concept of what that money is ACTUALLY getting you on the open market. It's not like NHL 2014 where you can sign one 90 overall player or get two 85 overall players for the same price. It doesn't work like that in real life.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby no name on Thu May 15, 2014 7:02 pm

Now is there still a trade freeze? could we possibly try and trade him before his limited trade clause kicks in? I really doubt it but not sure of the rules about this.
no name
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby shafnutz05 on Thu May 15, 2014 7:31 pm

Every penny of his $7m? ehhhh not so sure about that. I'll give you $6.25m for him.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby ulf on Thu May 15, 2014 7:34 pm

shafnutz05 wrote:Every penny of his $7m? ehhhh not so sure about that. I'll give you $6.25m for him.

Really? I would have said 6.33
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins