The Pens last day with Media, as reported, with names

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: The Pens last day with Media, as reported, with names

Postby BurghersAndDogsSports on Fri May 16, 2014 12:29 am

Desiato wrote:The only thing dumb about what Letang said was his honesty. He would be better served to handle the media like Sid does. You're basically asking him to talk down to you like a child like Sid does. I miss Tommy's quotes.

Letang would not be able to be a professional hockey player near the top of his sport if he was unable to put his season and career in proper perspective: Successful. Especially because, you know, he still has career.. after what happened.

I doubt many, if any, of his errors had malicious intent. It's not like he was going out and playing what someone like me calls wrong for the purpose of doing so. My point is, from his POV, the Pens haven't been going out and playing the wrong way every spring, even if that's our opinion.

Someone should compile a list of addresses so each of the Pens can apologize to us individually. I would like them to include a paragraph indicating what they plan to do to improve next year.


I don't think anyone is asking that. But his version of reasoning is actually closer to Sids cookie cutter talk than not. It has nothing to do with his personal struggles at al, that's a different discussion. If he really does think there isn't deeper issues than other teams who have lost well me and Kris can agree to disagree.
BurghersAndDogsSports
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,085
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:42 am
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa

Re: The Pens last day with Media, as reported, with names

Postby Desiato on Fri May 16, 2014 1:10 am

BurghersAndDogsSports wrote:I don't think anyone is asking that. But his version of reasoning is actually closer to Sids cookie cutter talk than not. It has nothing to do with his personal struggles at al, that's a different discussion. If he really does think there isn't deeper issues than other teams who have lost well me and Kris can agree to disagree.


Kris Letang is a production unit. He's part of a team. Largely, you expect him to be following orders. His opinion doesn't really matter. It is not his job to determine or help anyone better understand what happened to the Pens this season.

The Pens can fix whatever is wrong without Kris Letang recognizing it to us--or at all. His job is to come back next season and best execute the coach's plan as he can. At that point, what he did this season was the wrong way, and the new way is the right way. He should buy-in until someone tells him otherwise.

At no point is it required that he fully understand what went wrong with the organization this year.
Last edited by Desiato on Fri May 16, 2014 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Desiato
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,195
Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 2:28 pm

Re: The Pens last day with Media, as reported, with names

Postby IanMoran on Fri May 16, 2014 2:44 am

BurghersAndDogsSports wrote:I'm no fan of the Trib sports coverage or their writers but I find it increasingly frustrating that every "negative" rumor about the team, coaches and issues typically gets shot down in eventually dramatic fashion. It's such an overly protected team.


Its not that its negative, i honestly and to my heart believe that Rossi, and by extension Yohe makes up every, single, thing they say... Every rumor has never been true, every rumor is 1000% insanely dramatic / crazy / never backed up. Look at him saying direct quotes of what Mario said to sid, then that later getting deleted off the internet. I mean now it looks like DB's going to be fired and he comes out with an article that says all of this to capitalize on the situation?

Lemieux, fellow majority co-owner Ron Burkle and CEO David Morehouse met Wednesday to determine the future of general manager Ray Shero and coach Dan Bylsma, sources told the Tribune-Review. The Penguins' top brass also met before Game 7 — in New York and Pittsburgh — to evaluate the state of the franchise, the sources said.

Ownership is not happy with a perceived lack of accountability, overall team toughness and poor drafts, the sources said.

Crosby and Malkin grew disenchanted with perceived harsh criticism they received from Bylsma during meetings, the sources said. They and other veteran players were unhappy with Bylsma's numerous meetings and long practices and the decreasing sense of fun within the Penguins' environment, the sources said.

No decision on Shero had been made as of Wednesday, but ownership favored terminating Bylsma, the sources said.

Lemieux, also the Penguins' chairman, preferred keeping Shero, the general manager since May 2006. Burkle believed the Penguins needed a new general manager to rebuild a potential championship roster around captain Sidney Crosby, the sources said.

Crosby's body language during the playoffs concerned ownership, the sources said. That is one reason Lemieux took the unusual move of talking with Crosby in the visitors dressing room at Madison Square Garden after Game 6, the sources said.

Ownership believed Bylsma lost the dressing room this season, specifically the support of Crosby and Malkin, the sources said.



The sources added that Burkle contended Shero specifically tethered himself to Bylsma, whom he signed to a two-year extension after the Penguins were swept from the Eastern Conference final last June. That is why the length of Bylsma's deal was made to run concurrent with the final years remaining on Shero's contract, the sources said.

If Bylsma were deemed necessary to replace, Shero would be held accountable, the sources said.

Shero told his wife to be ready to move if the Penguins lost Game 7 against the Rangers, the sources said.

All in one article, I mean, come on... that's some hell of "sources" that say stuff.. Now his sources are informing him that sid is having personal problems that are transferring to the ice...........................

I go on rants about him too much, I just find his whole spill completely and utterly disgusting. Have no other words for it really
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,929
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 12:10 am
Location: Minneapolis, via Pittsburgh

Re: The Pens last day with Media, as reported, with names

Postby DelPen on Fri May 16, 2014 8:08 am

If Bylsma was really well prepared and we still saw this mess on the ice than that's another big indictment on him.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 33,663
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Re: The Pens last day with Media, as reported, with names

Postby BurghersAndDogsSports on Fri May 16, 2014 8:19 am

IanMoran wrote:
BurghersAndDogsSports wrote:I'm no fan of the Trib sports coverage or their writers but I find it increasingly frustrating that every "negative" rumor about the team, coaches and issues typically gets shot down in eventually dramatic fashion. It's such an overly protected team.


Its not that its negative, i honestly and to my heart believe that Rossi, and by extension Yohe makes up every, single, thing they say... Every rumor has never been true, every rumor is 1000% insanely dramatic / crazy / never backed up. Look at him saying direct quotes of what Mario said to sid, then that later getting deleted off the internet. I mean now it looks like DB's going to be fired and he comes out with an article that says all of this to capitalize on the situation?

Lemieux, fellow majority co-owner Ron Burkle and CEO David Morehouse met Wednesday to determine the future of general manager Ray Shero and coach Dan Bylsma, sources told the Tribune-Review. The Penguins' top brass also met before Game 7 — in New York and Pittsburgh — to evaluate the state of the franchise, the sources said.

Ownership is not happy with a perceived lack of accountability, overall team toughness and poor drafts, the sources said.

Crosby and Malkin grew disenchanted with perceived harsh criticism they received from Bylsma during meetings, the sources said. They and other veteran players were unhappy with Bylsma's numerous meetings and long practices and the decreasing sense of fun within the Penguins' environment, the sources said.

No decision on Shero had been made as of Wednesday, but ownership favored terminating Bylsma, the sources said.

Lemieux, also the Penguins' chairman, preferred keeping Shero, the general manager since May 2006. Burkle believed the Penguins needed a new general manager to rebuild a potential championship roster around captain Sidney Crosby, the sources said.

Crosby's body language during the playoffs concerned ownership, the sources said. That is one reason Lemieux took the unusual move of talking with Crosby in the visitors dressing room at Madison Square Garden after Game 6, the sources said.

Ownership believed Bylsma lost the dressing room this season, specifically the support of Crosby and Malkin, the sources said.



The sources added that Burkle contended Shero specifically tethered himself to Bylsma, whom he signed to a two-year extension after the Penguins were swept from the Eastern Conference final last June. That is why the length of Bylsma's deal was made to run concurrent with the final years remaining on Shero's contract, the sources said.

If Bylsma were deemed necessary to replace, Shero would be held accountable, the sources said.

Shero told his wife to be ready to move if the Penguins lost Game 7 against the Rangers, the sources said.

All in one article, I mean, come on... that's some hell of "sources" that say stuff.. Now his sources are informing him that sid is having personal problems that are transferring to the ice...........................

I go on rants about him too much, I just find his whole spill completely and utterly disgusting. Have no other words for it really


I don't know. Nothing in there seems outrageous and something that could have easily been sourced. And it isn't just the Trib. There have been rumors of locker room issues from local and national media for 2 years, the post gazette just wrote an article on the sellout streak (you have seen how many people on here defended it and the clear scam for years), Crosbys agent and dad I believe spoke about with differences about his neck being broken, Rossi is actually tight with Malkin yet pulled a Buddy from the movie Hoosiers (kicked of the team and reappears with no explanation), the list goes on and on forever.

Yet people are quick to blast the Trib or anyone who dares push a negative or sometimes obvious issue. And the team pulls the same stuff constantly yet they are looked at as pushing the truth always.

And here we are again, another terrible and strange ending as well as effort yet at the end of the year they all sat in the locker rom and held hands and sang Simon and Garfunkle songs with the coaches and management.
Last edited by BurghersAndDogsSports on Fri May 16, 2014 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
BurghersAndDogsSports
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,085
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:42 am
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa

Re: The Pens last day with Media, as reported, with names

Postby Pitt87 on Fri May 16, 2014 8:22 am

Thick as thieves, this group. They need to be disrupted. Its completely evident based on their comments.
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,243
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:33 am
Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Re: The Pens last day with Media, as reported, with names

Postby Kharlamov on Fri May 16, 2014 8:23 am

BurghersAndDogsSports wrote:
IanMoran wrote:
BurghersAndDogsSports wrote:I'm no fan of the Trib sports coverage or their writers but I find it increasingly frustrating that every "negative" rumor about the team, coaches and issues typically gets shot down in eventually dramatic fashion. It's such an overly protected team.


Its not that its negative, i honestly and to my heart believe that Rossi, and by extension Yohe makes up every, single, thing they say... Every rumor has never been true, every rumor is 1000% insanely dramatic / crazy / never backed up. Look at him saying direct quotes of what Mario said to sid, then that later getting deleted off the internet. I mean now it looks like DB's going to be fired and he comes out with an article that says all of this to capitalize on the situation?

Lemieux, fellow majority co-owner Ron Burkle and CEO David Morehouse met Wednesday to determine the future of general manager Ray Shero and coach Dan Bylsma, sources told the Tribune-Review. The Penguins' top brass also met before Game 7 — in New York and Pittsburgh — to evaluate the state of the franchise, the sources said.

Ownership is not happy with a perceived lack of accountability, overall team toughness and poor drafts, the sources said.

Crosby and Malkin grew disenchanted with perceived harsh criticism they received from Bylsma during meetings, the sources said. They and other veteran players were unhappy with Bylsma's numerous meetings and long practices and the decreasing sense of fun within the Penguins' environment, the sources said.

No decision on Shero had been made as of Wednesday, but ownership favored terminating Bylsma, the sources said.

Lemieux, also the Penguins' chairman, preferred keeping Shero, the general manager since May 2006. Burkle believed the Penguins needed a new general manager to rebuild a potential championship roster around captain Sidney Crosby, the sources said.

Crosby's body language during the playoffs concerned ownership, the sources said. That is one reason Lemieux took the unusual move of talking with Crosby in the visitors dressing room at Madison Square Garden after Game 6, the sources said.

Ownership believed Bylsma lost the dressing room this season, specifically the support of Crosby and Malkin, the sources said.



The sources added that Burkle contended Shero specifically tethered himself to Bylsma, whom he signed to a two-year extension after the Penguins were swept from the Eastern Conference final last June. That is why the length of Bylsma's deal was made to run concurrent with the final years remaining on Shero's contract, the sources said.

If Bylsma were deemed necessary to replace, Shero would be held accountable, the sources said.

Shero told his wife to be ready to move if the Penguins lost Game 7 against the Rangers, the sources said.

All in one article, I mean, come on... that's some hell of "sources" that say stuff.. Now his sources are informing him that sid is having personal problems that are transferring to the ice...........................

I go on rants about him too much, I just find his whole spill completely and utterly disgusting. Have no other words for it really


I don't know. Nothing in there seems outrageous and something that could have easily been sourced. And it isn't just the Trib. There have been rumors of locker room issues from local and national media for 2 years, the post gazette just wrote an article on the sellout streak (you have seen how many people on here defended it and the clear scam for years), Crosbys agent and dad I believe spoke about with differences about his neck being broken, Rossi is actually tight with Malkin yet pulled a Buddy from the movie Hoosiers (kicked of the team and reappears with no explanation), the list goes on and on forever.

Yet people are quick to blast the Trib or anyone who dares push a negative or sometimes obvious issue. And the team pulls the same stuff yet they are looked at as pushing the truth.


Rossi's articles mentioning "sources" are coming off more and more like a note that is passed around in junior high. But, it's getting him national exposure, so, you know...why not?
Last edited by Kharlamov on Fri May 16, 2014 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kharlamov
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 689
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:34 pm

Re: The Pens last day with Media, as reported, with names

Postby BurghersAndDogsSports on Fri May 16, 2014 8:24 am

And the teams constant media games don't? That's my only point.
BurghersAndDogsSports
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,085
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:42 am
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa

Re: The Pens last day with Media, as reported, with names

Postby Penspal on Fri May 16, 2014 8:33 am

IanMoran wrote:Enough of the tmz, frantic media style stuff. The PG did a great job of getting real information, with sources they posted (usually the player)

Beau Bennett
Was playing with injured wrist, will need surgery

Sidney Crosby
Said there was no disconnect between the players and Bylsma.
Felt the blame should be placed on the players.
Always expects rumors of negativity when the team does not win, no surprise to him
Will not participate in World Juniors
Understands the possibility of change because the players did not perform as they should
Apparently was completely healthy in the playoffs

Pascal Dupuis
Is confident that he will be ready to go at the start of next season.

Marc- Andre Fleury
Really hopes he can stay in Pittsburgh. Quoted, by Seth Rorabaugh, of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, as saying “Its my team here”

Tanner Glass
Stated that Bylsma and the Penguins staff were one of the most prepared coaching staffs he has ever played for. Felt the failure of the Penguins had nothing to do with lack of preparation.

Jussi Jokinen
Had a wrist injury throughout playoffs, but does not think it will require surgery
Says Bylsma and the coaching staff was the best he’s ever played for
Wants to come back to Pittsburgh

Oilli Maatta
Declined opportunity to play for Finland at the World Championship

Evgeni Malkin
Going to participate in World championships

Brandon Sutter
Doesn’t feel the Pens have many huge issues, maybe just some little ones that need tinkered with.
Feels the Pens don't need sweeping changes
Admits some things might need shaken up, but that might just involve a change of mindset, not even necessarily people leaving


Thanks, this is exactly the type of postmortem that should happen. It certainly helps me to piece together some sense of how the team feels. A few other items you might want to add.

Kris Letang broke his hand in game 7 blocking a shot.

Glass also said "Any time you fall short, you have to make changes. If you do the status quo and expect different results, you're not very bright.
Penspal
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,451
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:12 am
Location: dark recesses of Sid's brain

Re: The Pens last day with Media, as reported, with names

Postby GeoTank on Fri May 16, 2014 8:36 am

In Letang's defense he doesn't speak English as well as most think. He is not Malkin bad but bad enough that he had to have sutter fill in some of the words he couldn't remember during a press conference.
GeoTank
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,065
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:07 am
Location: Bethel Park, PA

Re: The Pens last day with Media, as reported, with names

Postby columbia on Fri May 16, 2014 8:38 am

GeoTank wrote:In Letang's defense he doesn't speak English as well as most think. He is not Malkin bad but bad enough that he had to have sutter fill in some of the words he couldn't remember during a press conference.


Clemente was criticized for saying the "wrong thing", largely because his English wasn't the best.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 46,735
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:13 am

Re: The Pens last day with Media, as reported, with names

Postby llipgh2 on Fri May 16, 2014 8:38 am

I still don't know about Crosby.

Yes, he won the scoring title. But watching him all season long, he looked very "un-Crosby" like at times. So to me it wasn't that he flamed out all at once. It seemed to be a season long issue that was magnified under the playoff spotlight.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if it came out he was still having post concussion syndrome issues.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,619
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:29 pm
Location: Gasp! The Clamboni!

Re: The Pens last day with Media, as reported, with names

Postby newarenanow on Fri May 16, 2014 9:14 am

To me, the truth is probably somewhere in the middle as usual. No one is going to say the truth in the media spotlight. I think the players really enjoyed DB, but to me, there had to be some disconnect.

The trib takes the approach of social media, letting some things leak out that can't go on record, but permeate in the lockerroom/front office that will never be said in public. The PG goes with the more traditional reporting type approach where they'll quote the players, etc, but sometimes that is not the true feeling.

I like to read both and make my decisions from there.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,340
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:56 pm

Re: The Pens last day with Media, as reported, with names

Postby dodint on Fri May 16, 2014 9:27 am

Haha, Bennett wrist injury and another surgery. You don't say? I just wouldn't understand, though.
dodint
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,941
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:57 am
Location: 975.6

Re: The Pens last day with Media, as reported, with names

Postby IanMoran on Fri May 16, 2014 10:21 am

BurghersAndDogsSports wrote:
Yet people are quick to blast the Trib or anyone who dares push a negative or sometimes obvious issue. And the team pulls the same stuff constantly yet they are looked at as pushing the truth always.

And here we are again, another terrible and strange ending as well as effort yet at the end of the year they all sat in the locker rom and held hands and sang Simon and Garfunkle songs with the coaches and management.

Based on past history, the only people I trust for the Pens (positive or negative) are the 3 PG reporters, McKenzie, and Dregger... they've consistently earned my trust. The rest have had some really bad hiccups. Just my opinion, others are free to differ
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,929
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 12:10 am
Location: Minneapolis, via Pittsburgh

Re: The Pens last day with Media, as reported, with names

Postby Penspal on Fri May 16, 2014 10:59 am

IanMoran wrote:
BurghersAndDogsSports wrote:
Yet people are quick to blast the Trib or anyone who dares push a negative or sometimes obvious issue. And the team pulls the same stuff constantly yet they are looked at as pushing the truth always.

And here we are again, another terrible and strange ending as well as effort yet at the end of the year they all sat in the locker rom and held hands and sang Simon and Garfunkle songs with the coaches and management.

Based on past history, the only people I trust for the Pens (positive or negative) are the 3 PG reporters, McKenzie, and Dregger... they've consistently earned my trust. The rest have had some really bad hiccups. Just my opinion, others are free to differ


I 100% agree with you.
Penspal
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,451
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:12 am
Location: dark recesses of Sid's brain

Re: The Pens last day with Media, as reported, with names

Postby Dukes2004 on Fri May 16, 2014 10:59 am

I have watched hockey in the past (mid to late 90's) but this was my first year watching every game, be it on TV or in person (although I did listen to 1 or 2 on the radio while traveling). Most of what I knew about Sidney Crosby was the media hype. After watching all season, I must say he overall looked like a good player that showed some flashes of greatness. On the ice, he does not act like a leader in my opinion. He let's his emotions get to him and he gets rattled.
Dukes2004
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:54 am

Re: The Pens last day with Media, as reported, with names

Postby BurghersAndDogsSports on Fri May 16, 2014 12:16 pm

Everyone's a hack! Lol
Maybe I'm half right, it's the team mostly.
BurghersAndDogsSports
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,085
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:42 am
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa

Re: The Pens last day with Media, as reported, with names

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Fri May 16, 2014 1:21 pm

Penspal wrote:
IanMoran wrote:
BurghersAndDogsSports wrote:
Yet people are quick to blast the Trib or anyone who dares push a negative or sometimes obvious issue. And the team pulls the same stuff constantly yet they are looked at as pushing the truth always.

And here we are again, another terrible and strange ending as well as effort yet at the end of the year they all sat in the locker rom and held hands and sang Simon and Garfunkle songs with the coaches and management.

Based on past history, the only people I trust for the Pens (positive or negative) are the 3 PG reporters, McKenzie, and Dregger... they've consistently earned my trust. The rest have had some really bad hiccups. Just my opinion, others are free to differ


I 100% agree with you.

Dave Molinari never gets mentioned. He's a solid writer, and a Hall of Famer.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,118
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:21 pm
Location: Roger Roger.

Re: The Pens last day with Media, as reported, with names

Postby Lt. Dish on Fri May 16, 2014 1:37 pm

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:
Penspal wrote:
IanMoran wrote:
BurghersAndDogsSports wrote:
Yet people are quick to blast the Trib or anyone who dares push a negative or sometimes obvious issue. And the team pulls the same stuff constantly yet they are looked at as pushing the truth always.

And here we are again, another terrible and strange ending as well as effort yet at the end of the year they all sat in the locker rom and held hands and sang Simon and Garfunkle songs with the coaches and management.

Based on past history, the only people I trust for the Pens (positive or negative) are the 3 PG reporters, McKenzie, and Dregger... they've consistently earned my trust. The rest have had some really bad hiccups. Just my opinion, others are free to differ


I 100% agree with you.

Dave Molinari never gets mentioned. He's a solid writer, and a Hall of Famer.


That's the "problem." He's solid. He doesn't sensationalize, and therefore, isn't recognized as being critical of the team. He's always been critical and even-keeled about the team.

But in a world where even raising an eyebrow at someone else means you're "BLASTING" or "SLAMMING" them, he's not exciting reading.
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,843
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:07 pm
Location: We'll make great pets.

Re: The Pens last day with Media, as reported, with names

Postby SpinnerSpencer on Fri May 16, 2014 1:46 pm

So Rossi's excuse is that I may not have been correct but neither was anyone else. What a freaking windbag... Why anyone would buy into any info this hack spouts is beyond me.
SpinnerSpencer
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 322
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:40 pm

Re: The Pens last day with Media, as reported, with names

Postby IanMoran on Fri May 16, 2014 2:04 pm

SpinnerSpencer wrote:So Rossi's excuse is that I may not have been correct but neither was anyone else. What a freaking windbag... Why anyone would buy into any info this hack spouts is beyond me.

Yea, maybe I'm too much on the TSN bandwagon, but McKenzie :

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 2h
I reported Shero and Bylsma were to be fired. Shero was. Bylsma wasn't.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 2h
I don't have a problem admitting a mistake. Fortunately, don't have to do it too often. Things change quickly, but bottom line: I was wrong.


Rossi just deleted his tweet lol. Even in failure one looks better than the other from my perspective
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,929
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 12:10 am
Location: Minneapolis, via Pittsburgh

Re: The Pens last day with Media, as reported, with names

Postby IanMoran on Fri May 16, 2014 2:05 pm

Lt. Dish wrote:
Digitalgypsy66 wrote:Dave Molinari never gets mentioned. He's a solid writer, and a Hall of Famer.


That's the "problem." He's solid. He doesn't sensationalize, and therefore, isn't recognized as being critical of the team. He's always been critical and even-keeled about the team.

But in a world where even raising an eyebrow at someone else means you're "BLASTING" or "SLAMMING" them, he's not exciting reading.

I love Molinari, severely underrated... but just look at their followers: Rossi: 49,900; Molinari 20,500... Sadly, Rossi's way is better for business
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,929
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 12:10 am
Location: Minneapolis, via Pittsburgh

Re: The Pens last day with Media, as reported, with names

Postby Lt. Dish on Fri May 16, 2014 5:49 pm

IanMoran wrote:
Lt. Dish wrote:
Digitalgypsy66 wrote:Dave Molinari never gets mentioned. He's a solid writer, and a Hall of Famer.


That's the "problem." He's solid. He doesn't sensationalize, and therefore, isn't recognized as being critical of the team. He's always been critical and even-keeled about the team.

But in a world where even raising an eyebrow at someone else means you're "BLASTING" or "SLAMMING" them, he's not exciting reading.

I love Molinari, severely underrated... but just look at their followers: Rossi: 49,900; Molinari 20,500... Sadly, Rossi's way is better for business


Molinari doesn't tweet-feed the masses enough nor does he give them the drama they crave when he does.
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,843
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:07 pm
Location: We'll make great pets.

Re: The Pens last day with Media, as reported, with names

Postby JS© on Sat May 17, 2014 2:33 am

IanMoran wrote:
SpinnerSpencer wrote:So Rossi's excuse is that I may not have been correct but neither was anyone else. What a freaking windbag... Why anyone would buy into any info this hack spouts is beyond me.

Yea, maybe I'm too much on the TSN bandwagon, but McKenzie :

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 2h
I reported Shero and Bylsma were to be fired. Shero was. Bylsma wasn't.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 2h
I don't have a problem admitting a mistake. Fortunately, don't have to do it too often. Things change quickly, but bottom line: I was wrong.


Rossi just deleted his tweet lol. Even in failure one looks better than the other from my perspective


would be better if he deleted his twitter account instead
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,419
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:52 am
Location: hooray for me

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DesertPenguin, Dickie Dunn, Gabe, Mr. Colby, sjnhiils and 20 guests


e-mail