Rossi on NHL Live

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Rossi on NHL Live

Postby Cr@zy871 on Fri May 16, 2014 4:21 pm

Rossi was just on the show talking about making a move for Babcock...

The latest in this insanity...

Apparently the Pens are going to have their new coach in charge of player personnel. Babcock has apparently expressed in having a coach/gm like position, and would be willing to leave for that type of opportunity. The Wings, in good faith, are then going to allow Babcock to walk.

We keep Botterill as the GM, but again, just more of the office duties.

Then Bylsma ends up in Detriot. (because he is from Michigan)

Again ROSSI so take it with a gain... feast
Cr@zy871
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Re: Rossi on NHL Live

Postby littlemoonboot on Fri May 16, 2014 4:24 pm

:scared: STUFF :scared:
littlemoonboot
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Tico Rick on Fri May 16, 2014 4:31 pm

I'd be fine with that.
Tico Rick
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby shmenguin on Fri May 16, 2014 4:37 pm

I don't believe this to be founded in any sort of reality.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Crankshaft on Fri May 16, 2014 4:38 pm

Who would be the one to conduct trade talks? Boterill?
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Dickie Dunn on Fri May 16, 2014 4:41 pm

Crankshaft wrote:Who would be the one to conduct trade talks? Boterill?

Yes. He also signed Josh Archibald to an entry level deal today.
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Cr@zy871 on Fri May 16, 2014 4:52 pm

Rossi was trying to make a point that the Pens do not fire a GM the caliber of Shero without having a BIG plan in place.
Cr@zy871
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Lt. Dish on Fri May 16, 2014 4:54 pm

Listening to DK on TSN1290 Winnipeg. Good stuff. Recounts some points from the interview transcript. Poor roster composition (re: age, toughness, character, skill on wing) was the driver behind Shero's firing. Makes it very clear that ownership's comments are as critical of DB as they are of Shero.
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Location: WIN IT FOR [insert important player here]...let's keep the list short, OK?!

Postby Tico Rick on Fri May 16, 2014 4:57 pm

Dickie Dunn wrote:
Crankshaft wrote:Who would be the one to conduct trade talks? Boterill?

Yes. He also signed Josh Archibald to an entry level deal today.

Nice work, IGMJB!
Tico Rick
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Stick_licker on Fri May 16, 2014 5:03 pm

Can we please get a GM/coach who will play younger players? Babcock has the same failings as we're used to. We'll be seeing just the same amount of Scuderi and Adams while Despres and Bennett each nachos in the press box.
Stick_licker
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Lt. Dish on Fri May 16, 2014 5:22 pm

Stick_licker wrote:Can we please get a GM/coach who will play younger players? Babcock has the same failings as we're used to. We'll be seeing just the same amount of Scuderi and Adams while Despres and Bennett each nachos in the press box.

Babcock apparently had an epiphany once injuries forced him to play young guys like Nyquist and Brendan Smith. According to some Wings fan boards, Babcock loved them once he could see their capabilities.

Take heart in how critical Lemieux and Burkle were today about DB's playing older, slower guys over hungrier, faster, younger guys.
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Location: WIN IT FOR [insert important player here]...let's keep the list short, OK?!

Postby pens_srq on Fri May 16, 2014 5:28 pm

Lt. Dish wrote:
Stick_licker wrote:Can we please get a GM/coach who will play younger players? Babcock has the same failings as we're used to. We'll be seeing just the same amount of Scuderi and Adams while Despres and Bennett each nachos in the press box.

Babcock apparently had an epiphany once injuries forced him to play young guys like Nyquist and Brendan Smith. According to some Wings fan boards, Babcock loved them once he could see their capabilities.

Take heart in how critical Lemieux and Burkle were today about DB's playing older, slower guys over hungrier, faster, younger guys.

ML and RB pointed out that Pens had a much more disciplined game with the younger guys in the lineup. It's easy to see that DB had the opportunity to see their capabilities.
pens_srq
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby columbia on Fri May 16, 2014 5:29 pm

Who wants to buy a bridge?
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Postby Lt. Dish on Fri May 16, 2014 5:30 pm

columbia wrote:Who wants to buy a bridge?

Only if it comes with beachfront property in Nebraska.
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Lt. Dish on Fri May 16, 2014 5:33 pm

pens_srq wrote:
Lt. Dish wrote:

ML and RB pointed out that Pens had a much more disciplined game with the younger guys in the lineup. It's easy to see that DB had the opportunity to see their capabilities.

That's right, psrq, which makes their comments about DB all the more damning.

On the D side, watch us win the Cup on the backs of all the young D-men FGMRS stockpiled. Awkward!
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby DesertPenguin on Fri May 16, 2014 5:57 pm

Extremely doubtful. When will people wise up that Rossi is Eklund with a press pass?

I would love to have Babcock, which is why Rossi gets me so angry telling me what I want to hear, when logic tells me its practically impossible.

I expect to have a new GM here in time to prepare for a draft, meaning Mario has a matter of weeks to get this done. We'll just see what happens.
DesertPenguin
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby She'sTheFastest on Fri May 16, 2014 5:59 pm

I'm not ever critical of sports writers because quite frankly, I would kill to have the access and opportunity they do. However, Rob Rossi throws crap against the wall, emphasizes what sticks and calls himself a beat writer. He's a no talent hack with a no talent haircut. **** him.
She'sTheFastest
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby wondermoose on Fri May 16, 2014 6:24 pm

I'd love to disprove, but Rossi has been on a roll the past couple years.
wondermoose
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Desiato on Fri May 16, 2014 7:32 pm

Cr@zy871 wrote:Rossi was just on the show talking about making a move for Babcock...

Apparently the Pens are going to have their new coach in charge of player personnel. Babcock has apparently expressed in having a coach/gm like position, and would be willing to leave for that type of opportunity. The Wings, in good faith, are then going to allow Babcock to walk.

You expect that a coach with Babcock's experience and credentials to want a greater role.

What's interesting to me about the Babcock as GM scenario is that Babcock was once Dan Bylsma's mentor. It makes me wonder.
Desiato
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Lt. Dish on Fri May 16, 2014 7:40 pm

Desiato wrote:
Cr@zy871 wrote:Rossi was just on the show talking about making a move for Babcock...

You expect that a coach with Babcock's experience and credentials to want a greater role.

What's interesting to me about the Babcock as GM scenario is that Babcock was once Dan Bylsma's mentor. It makes me wonder.

I saw "feast" and :shock: Feaster?! :scared: j/k

All the Rossiness aside...

Botterill is widely known as more a pure numbers guy (cap star) and not a player evaluation guy. So that makes the scenario interesting.

Now I have "Stairway to Heaven" running in my head.
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby owtahear on Fri May 16, 2014 7:50 pm

That's almost as insane as if the Pens would fire Shero and retain Bylsma. No way.......
owtahear
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby knives of ice on Fri May 16, 2014 9:51 pm

Rossi also reports that the new GM will report to Morehouse. blahahahahahaha a guy that shouldn't even be involved in any hockey decisions the gm is now going to have to report to.

pretty much anything fans complain about when it comes to the penguins non personal decisions morehouse is responsible for. this guy prevents bartenders in the lexus club and other areas of the arena from turning on the pitt game when their in the tourney or the pirates playing in the playoffs cause it could hurt the pens brand.

very scary if its true.
knives of ice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby PghSkins on Fri May 16, 2014 9:55 pm

knives of ice wrote:Rossi also reports that the new GM will report to Morehouse. blahahahahahaha a guy that shouldn't even be involved in any hockey decisions the gm is now going to have to report to.

pretty much anything fans complain about when it comes to the penguins non personal decisions morehouse is responsible for. this guy prevents bartenders in the lexus club and other areas of the arena from turning on the pitt game when their in the tourney or the pirates playing in the playoffs cause it could hurt the pens brand.

very scary if its true.

Morehouse is a career political hack who has no business running a hockey franchise... or any business, really
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Lt. Dish on Sat May 17, 2014 12:15 am

Unfortunate....

that "NHL Live" would have Rossi on it.
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Tim Thomasen on Sat May 17, 2014 1:36 am

knives of ice wrote:Rossi also reports that the new GM will report to Morehouse. blahahahahahaha a guy that shouldn't even be involved in any hockey decisions the gm is now going to have to report to.

very scary if its true.

He also said that Morehouse doesn't want to make any hockey decisions which you failed to mention. Not to mention according to Rossi he's the only one that reports directly to the owners, which makes sense since he's the Team President.

Basically it's a moot point since it sounds like this is nothing new.
Tim Thomasen
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Location: You know, it's just not death with dignity if there's an Estevez in the room

Next

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins