Rossi on NHL Live

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Rossi on NHL Live

Postby Hugo Stiglitz on Sat May 17, 2014 8:30 am

Something I really find interesting was something I read this morning and that was a rumor where Bylsma and Shero were having a rift. That it was actually over personnel decisions. Who knows how much of that is true, but if it is, how big of a hand did Shero actually play on who was called up?

Could the whole reasons for Adams playing so much actually be Shero and Bylsma? Could the whole reason for Despres being jerked around be on Shero and not Bylsma?
Hugo Stiglitz
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Big Easy Pens Fan on Sat May 17, 2014 9:08 am

PghSkins wrote:
knives of ice wrote:Rossi also reports that the new GM will report to Morehouse. blahahahahahaha a guy that shouldn't even be involved in any hockey decisions the gm is now going to have to report to.

pretty much anything fans complain about when it comes to the penguins non personal decisions morehouse is responsible for. this guy prevents bartenders in the lexus club and other areas of the arena from turning on the pitt game when their in the tourney or the pirates playing in the playoffs cause it could hurt the pens brand.

very scary if its true.

Morehouse is a career political hack who has no business running a hockey franchise... or any business, really

You think this is crazy? It doesn't even remotely compare to the crazy that the first GM in New Orleans Saints history was a former astornaut. :face:

BEPF
Big Easy Pens Fan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby no name on Sun May 18, 2014 9:05 am

I would love to see Babcock in a GM\coach position. I just can't see Babcock having to report to Moorehouse???? That would be really odd.
no name
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Defence21 on Sun May 18, 2014 9:16 am

no name wrote:I would love to see Babcock in a GM\coach position. I just can't see Babcock having to report to Moorehouse???? That would be really odd.

So, I still can't figure this out. Why, in a business model, is it so odd to have an inferior employee rank/status-wise report to the Team President? Just because the new GM will report to Morehouse does not mean Morehouse will be making hockey decisions. In my line of work I report to someone who has no clue about what I do or how I do it. But I still have to report to him -- because he is my boss! That's what this is. It's not strange or complicated.
Defence21
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby sniper on Sun May 18, 2014 9:23 am

Defence21 wrote:
no name wrote:I would love to see Babcock in a GM\coach position. I just can't see Babcock having to report to Moorehouse???? That would be really odd.

So, I still can't figure this out. Why, in a business model, is it so odd to have an inferior employee rank/status-wise report to the Team President? Just because the new GM will report to Morehouse does not mean Morehouse will be making hockey decisions. In my line of work I report to someone who has no clue about what I do or how I do it. But I still have to report to him -- because he is my boss! That's what this is. It's not strange or complicated.

Yeah I don't get the Morehouse hate. That's pretty much how every business works, especially larger ones. Would it make people feel better if the GM reported directly to Burkle? He doesn't know anything more about hockey than Morehouse. I don't get it.
sniper
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby pugilist13 on Sun May 18, 2014 10:49 am

Defence21 wrote:

Exactly. Most people didn't know who Moorehouse was before the presser the other day. He's mostly hated now because he didn't utter the phrase " We have fired our GM Ray Shero AND Coach Dan Bylsma. "
pugilist13
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins