Bennett out 4 months too? What's going on?!?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Bennett out 4 months too? What's going on?!?

Postby Tico Rick on Thu May 22, 2014 9:43 pm

Tico Rick
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,211
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:12 am
Location: It's a great day for hockey!

Re: Bennett out 4 months too? What's going on?!?

Postby the wicked child on Thu May 22, 2014 9:45 pm

......
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,642
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:11 pm
Location: :scared:

Re: Bennett out 4 months too? What's going on?!?

Postby dodint on Thu May 22, 2014 9:49 pm

Bennett is a given. Bummed about Maatta though. Wonder how much work was too much work. Being 19, playing a full season, Olympics, and two rounds of playoffs is probably asking a lot.
dodint
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,881
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:57 am
Location: 975.6

Re: Bennett out 4 months too? What's going on?!?

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy on Thu May 22, 2014 11:00 pm

inb4 "Beau Brittle", he needs to drink milk, etc
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,657
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:18 pm
Location: you from the department of 'know what I'm saying"s?

Re: Bennett out 4 months too? What's going on?!?

Postby lemieuxReturns on Thu May 22, 2014 11:16 pm

MalkinIsMyHomeboy wrote:inb4 "Beau Brittle", he needs to drink milk, etc

:shock:
lemieuxReturns
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,145
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:00 pm

Re: Bennett out 4 months too? What's going on?!?

Postby lemieuxReturns on Thu May 22, 2014 11:18 pm

Has anyone used glass beau (™).

* a play off of an old NES game called Mike Tyson's Punchout character called glass joe.
lemieuxReturns
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,145
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:00 pm

Re: Bennett out 4 months too? What's going on?!?

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy on Thu May 22, 2014 11:21 pm

Break me off a piece of that Penguin Beau™
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,657
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:18 pm
Location: you from the department of 'know what I'm saying"s?

Re: Bennett out 4 months too? What's going on?!?

Postby MRandall25 on Fri May 23, 2014 1:42 am

dodint wrote:Bennett is a given. Bummed about Maatta though. Wonder how much work was too much work. Being 19, playing a full season, Olympics, and two rounds of playoffs is probably asking a lot.


Playing doesn't make you automatically tear your labrum
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,054
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: Bennett out 4 months too? What's going on?!?

Postby dodint on Fri May 23, 2014 9:38 am

Oh, sure. I wasn't implying he was handled neglegently. But when you play that much at a new level of competition the chance of an injury of any kind increases. I doubt either him or the team have any regrets.
dodint
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,881
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:57 am
Location: 975.6

Re: Bennett out 4 months too? What's going on?!?

Postby Jim on Fri May 23, 2014 11:09 am

It was that car commercial. Holding the stick up snapped his wrist.
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,634
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:18 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Bennett out 4 months too? What's going on?!?

Postby wondermoose on Fri May 23, 2014 11:40 am

It's just his normal summer workout schedule.
wondermoose
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,943
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:18 am

Re: Bennett out 4 months too? What's going on?!?

Postby Hugo Stiglitz on Fri May 23, 2014 12:21 pm

Bennett was supposed to get this surgery earlier, but put it off. Everyone can look at the negative, but the real positive here is that if that's how he looked not being 100%, I'm excited to see what he can do 100% healthy.

He's not Beau Brittle...he's had bad luck with one specific injury.
Hugo Stiglitz
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,821
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:36 am

Re: Bennett out 4 months too? What's going on?!?

Postby Pens Fan Since 1970 on Fri May 23, 2014 1:00 pm

Looks like the Pens are off to a good start in defending there man game's lost title from this season.
Pens Fan Since 1970
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 541
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:00 am

Re: Bennett out 4 months too? What's going on?!?

Postby OutofFoil on Fri May 23, 2014 1:07 pm

Had it done at the Cleveland clinic also. UPMC has one of the best hand and wrist surgeons in the nation, so the guy at Cleveland Clinic must be a wizard. In my experience, Cleveland Clinic is where you go for the best of the best. Hopefully this Doc got it figured out for Bennett. Had to be a difficult procedure. A friend of mine just broke their wrist/lower arm and had a titanium plate and 7 pins installed. Their arm looked like a jigsaw puzzle that this guy had to put back together, pieces broke off, rotated on every axis and shifted around. Nasty stuff, but this guy was awesome, the after X-Ray looked like it wasn't broke except for the hairlines around where the bones should go back together, everything lines back up perfectly, except for the Wolverine looking plate and pins... I told them to ask the Doc to spring load those suckers. On a serious note, the Doc is an artist. But my friend won't be fully healed for at least 6 months, so I hope Bennett didn't get the Wolverine special also.
OutofFoil
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 685
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:02 pm
Location: Depends. I might be here, but I could be there. Hard to tell sometimes.

Re: Bennett out 4 months too? What's going on?!?

Postby GeoTank on Fri May 23, 2014 1:29 pm

OutofFoil wrote:Had it done at the Cleveland clinic also. UPMC has one of the best hand and wrist surgeons in the nation, so the guy at Cleveland Clinic must be a wizard. In my experience, Cleveland Clinic is where you go for the best of the best. Hopefully this Doc got it figured out for Bennett. Had to be a difficult procedure. A friend of mine just broke their wrist/lower arm and had a titanium plate and 7 pins installed. Their arm looked like a jigsaw puzzle that this guy had to put back together, pieces broke off, rotated on every axis and shifted around. Nasty stuff, but this guy was awesome, the after X-Ray looked like it wasn't broke except for the hairlines around where the bones should go back together, everything lines back up perfectly, except for the Wolverine looking plate and pins... I told them to ask the Doc to spring load those suckers. On a serious note, the Doc is an artist. But my friend won't be fully healed for at least 6 months, so I hope Bennett didn't get the Wolverine special also.



Didn't Bennet say it wasn't ever broken? hand or wrist. i thought he made that clear when everyone told him to drink more milk after the season ended he tweeted "For the record, I've never broken my wrist....... Or hand...... And i don't like milk". could he have had tendon or ligament damage and they tried rehab before but when he damaged it again he had to get it fixed for real? Not sure thats better than breaking it though.
GeoTank
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,064
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:07 am
Location: Bethel Park, PA

Re: Bennett out 4 months too? What's going on?!?

Postby Pitts on Fri May 23, 2014 1:37 pm

Hugo Stiglitz wrote: I'm excited to see what he can do 100% healthy.

Do we have any idea when that might actually come to fruition? His track record isn't very good.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,577
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:22 am
Location: Working ....

Re: Bennett out 4 months too? What's going on?!?

Postby Pavel Bure on Fri May 23, 2014 1:47 pm

Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,604
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:15 pm
Location: http://freebitco.in/?r=770437 BITCOINS get them

Re: Bennett out 4 months too? What's going on?!?

Postby Crankshaft on Fri May 23, 2014 2:13 pm

Pavel Bure wrote:



I see you took the S out of HTTPS
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,098
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 12:35 pm

Re: Bennett out 4 months too? What's going on?!?

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy on Fri May 23, 2014 4:36 pm

Crankshaft wrote:
Pavel Bure wrote:



I see you took the S out of HTTPS


I also like to live dangerously.
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,657
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:18 pm
Location: you from the department of 'know what I'm saying"s?

Re: Bennett out 4 months too? What's going on?!?

Postby brwi on Fri May 23, 2014 4:54 pm

Pens Fan Since 1970 wrote:Looks like the Pens are off to a good start in defending there man game's lost title from this season.


At least they didn't lose much at all in Bennett. Maata hurts a helluva lot more.
brwi
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,129
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:36 am

Re: Bennett out 4 months too? What's going on?!?

Postby Eismann on Fri May 23, 2014 7:48 pm

MalkinIsMyHomeboy wrote:
Crankshaft wrote:
Pavel Bure wrote:



I see you took the S out of HTTPS


I also like to live dangerously.


Richie Cunningham?
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,548
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:14 am
Location: Less obnoxious, brainless rehab addict chick

Re: Bennett out 4 months too? What's going on?!?

Postby Crankshaft on Fri May 23, 2014 7:57 pm

brwi wrote:
Pens Fan Since 1970 wrote:Looks like the Pens are off to a good start in defending there man game's lost title from this season.


At least they didn't lose much at all in Bennett. Maata hurts a helluva lot more.


Yea because this team is swimming in top 12 wingers and are bereft of defensive depth.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,098
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 12:35 pm


Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ffemtreed, FLPensFan, Mad City Mike, mikey287 and 13 guests


e-mail