Seat Relocation Map in STH Account

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Seat Relocation Map in STH Account

Postby SpinnerSpencer on Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:37 pm

Bathgate wrote:The Pens really hurt themselves by vastly overpricing the playoffs. That plus the team’s dismal playoff showings in recent years, including miserable losses in every home game 7, has STH’s bailing. Many must figure if they can’t afford playoff games and if the games are going to be dreadful, why bother to subscribe to all the regular season games for the rights to buy playoff tix.

The Pens should reward their best customers for the disappointing playoffs by announcing a zero percent playoff price increase, at least for the first round, for this upcoming season. They should announce it now.

I wonder if there still IS a season ticket waiting list. Anybody still on it? What number?

I just canceled my tickets today so there will be 2 more seats available.
SpinnerSpencer
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby habe on Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:03 pm

SpinnerSpencer wrote:
Bathgate wrote:The Pens really hurt themselves by vastly overpricing the playoffs. That plus the team’s dismal playoff showings in recent years, including miserable losses in every home game 7, has STH’s bailing. Many must figure if they can’t afford playoff games and if the games are going to be dreadful, why bother to subscribe to all the regular season games for the rights to buy playoff tix.

The Pens should reward their best customers for the disappointing playoffs by announcing a zero percent playoff price increase, at least for the first round, for this upcoming season. They should announce it now.

I wonder if there still IS a season ticket waiting list. Anybody still on it? What number?

Spinnerspencer, what section and seats?

I just made my selection about 1/2 hour ago after looking at every section multiple times and calling the Pens for info twice. I couldn't get want I wanted (had about 6 areas picked out) and had a hell of a time finally selecting seats. I started out somewhere in the low 2400's 6 1/2 years ago (on list for 2 seats). I was sitting at 1254 since the end of last season. After only moving up 200 spots two years ago and 100 spots last season, I never thought I'd get the call.

I found out some info on my second call today to the Pens that helped me seal my decision:

I was having a hard time finding seats (full season) in the upper deck. I mainly wanted Pens double attack, corners plus (rows a-e) or sides (row a-e). There were still seats available when I made my selection but, everything good left was groups of three or singles. Rule when selecting seats is you can't leave singles; online selection won't let you (I tried!). That really limited my choices (although there seems to be lots of singles available so someone had to leave them orphaned.....). I made a second call to the Pens to see what would happen if I didn't make a selection. I was told by the rep (have no reason to doubt him or that he was blowing smoke up my butt) that I had just made it under the wire at 1254. The reason that I was offered tickets was a combination of drops and that the Pens did a one time thing and made extra seats available from their pool of tickets that are held back every game for sale to the public. He told me that they would not do this again next year and that if I didn't get my foot in the door this year, I might be waiting again for a few more years. He also said I would be better off making a selection even if it wasn't what I wanted, become a season ticket holder and have a chance to get better seats next year, before people on the list are offered a selection. Seemed like decent advice.

I moved up from 1254 two weeks ago to holding steady at 874 for the last 6 days. Based on moving up 400 spots and then going flat again, it stands to reason that people above me might be holding out for better a list position/seats next year by thinking they will get the call sooner next year (which might not come if you are 200 or higher on the list). Sooooo, I got tickets at #874 on the list. Section 221 (Single Attack End), Row M seats 7 & 8. They look pretty decent to me, halfway between the blue line and the top of the circle.

habe
Last edited by habe on Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
habe

Postby habe on Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:32 pm

dodint wrote:I'm on it. No idea how to tell my number, though. Checked around in my Pens account but couldn't find it there, or on anything they sent me.

Dodint,

Go into your account and click on edit profile. Your STWL # will be listed there.
habe

Postby knives of ice on Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:59 pm

i'm really anxious to see if they are going to have playoff prices that high again this year. if they are, there is absolutely no reason to buy them as a season ticket holder. you could get every home game last year below STH face value on secondary sites if you only need 2 tickets in the lower bowl.
knives of ice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby dodint on Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:41 pm

habe wrote:
dodint wrote:I'm on it. No idea how to tell my number, though. Checked around in my Pens account but couldn't find it there, or on anything they sent me.

Dodint,

Go into your account and click on edit profile. Your STWL # will be listed there.

Ah, nice. #3928 and I got on the list in January 2014 if that means anything to anyone curious. Waiting on two tickets. So much for 9000 deep. Wish I would've known where to look when I got my account so I could see if there really was an exodus or not.

Thanks for the good gouge. :thumb:
dodint
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby DocEmrick on Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:19 am

The Pens used to reward their loyal fans. We used to get free games (4 tickets), free merchandise, all kinds of stuff. Now they don't give a damn about us.

I miss the days when Dicky Tarnstrom and Alexi Morozov were our top players.
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Humperdink on Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:04 am

I bailed also (2 seats in Section 114). We normally attend only attend 15-20 games/year as we live nearly 3 hours away. It took an enormous effort to sell the rest. When the playoffs rolled around, I called my usual ticket contact list (15 or so) to see if they were interested in buying any. They were, until I mentioned the cost (I sell everything @ cost). Playoff ticket prices were, in a word, overpriced. I was ultimately able to sell the tickets, some at a loss. Couple that with the usual price increase for the upcoming season and that was it for me. I enjoyed my 7 year run as a season ticket holder but I will buy my tickets on the secondary market next year.

I remain curious as to the current waiting list census.
Humperdink
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby llipgh2 on Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:04 am

I sell approximately 15 -17 games off during the season.

I can't go to every game, and it's just getting too expensive to foot the bill for 2 seats. Even the cheaper seats that I have.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:35 am

We found people to take our playoff tickets. Literally just gave their cc info to the pens. In practice, they were sth's for a month. Im back in pittsburgh in the very near future and may still be dropping the plan. If not this year, then next season.

When i do drop the ticket plan, i wont be back. Ill go to games here and there of course, but im not making a 41 game commitment again
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby SpinnerSpencer on Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:23 pm

habe wrote:
SpinnerSpencer wrote:

Spinnerspencer, what section and seats?

Sec 225 Row C
SpinnerSpencer
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby count2infinity on Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:58 pm

I realize this isn't a STH question, but I didn't feel like starting a whole new thread on it, but when do the single game tickets go on sale?
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Beveridge on Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:52 pm

count2infinity wrote:I realize this isn't a STH question, but I didn't feel like starting a whole new thread on it, but when do the single game tickets go on sale?

They usually go on sale the weekend or two after Labor Day, c2i.

I look for the individual tickets to go on sale September 6 or 13
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby count2infinity on Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:11 am

Thanks Beveridge, I couldn't remember the time of year they went on sale last year. I always try to get tickets to a weekend game the morning they go on sale. Got my eye on the Boston game in March.
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby habe on Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:44 am

Since I'm new to this, when do the Pens mail out season tickets? Also, when do tickets show up in your Pens account?
habe

Postby dodint on Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:54 am

I've jumped up 300+ places in the last five days. By this rate I'll be buying tickets in 60 days.

;)
dodint
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby righton on Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:59 pm

SpinnerSpencer wrote:

did they refund what you've already paid? curious about dumping my tickets as well.
righton
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby SpinnerSpencer on Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:53 pm

righton wrote:
SpinnerSpencer wrote:

did they refund what you've already paid? curious about dumping my tickets as well.

Yes. They will refund to your credit card.
SpinnerSpencer
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby llipgh2 on Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:39 am

FYI - Individual games go on sale Saturday, Sept. 6th at 10:00am.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby dodint on Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:15 pm

Moved up 300 more spots in the last 60 days. Also, wait list mini-plans go on sale August 27th.
dodint
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby sj? on Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:09 pm

dodint wrote:Moved up 300 more spots in the last 60 days. Also, wait list mini-plans go on sale August 27th.

I got on the waiting list 2010 & was #3771 .. start of last season I was #3161 ..currently I'm #2429

Took 3 seasons to drop 610 & 1 season to drop 732.. :shock:

Got mini plan #5 today & individual game tickets for wait listers go on sale Thursday Sept.4 @ 10am
sj?
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby habe on Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:07 am

sj? wrote:
dodint wrote:Moved up 300 more spots in the last 60 days. Also, wait list mini-plans go on sale August 27th.

I got on the waiting list 2010 & was #3771 .. start of last season I was #3161 ..currently I'm #2429

Took 3 seasons to drop 610 & 1 season to drop 732.. :shock:

Got mini plan #5 today & individual game tickets for wait listers go on sale Thursday Sept.4 @ 10am

That's a pretty quick drop compared to what I experienced except that I started at a lower number. I got on the list 6 1/2 years ago and started at #2420.

Some years, I was only moving up a little over 100 slots. Finally got the call this year at #1275. By the time I picked my full season package, I was #874.

Apparently, quite a few below me passed....... On the day I picked, a Pen's rep told me that the reason I got the call at 1275 was that along with turnover, they released extra seats from the pool of tickets they hold back. He said it was a one time thing and they would not be doing it again next year.... Not quite sure if i believe that but OK, I got tickets.....

habe
habe

Postby pntherpaw86 on Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:59 am

habe wrote:That's a pretty quick drop compared to what I experienced except that I started at a lower number. I got on the list 6 1/2 years ago and started at #2420.

Some years, I was only moving up a little over 100 slots. Finally got the call this year at #1275. By the time I picked my full season package, I was #874.

Apparently, quite a few below me passed....... On the day I picked, a Pen's rep told me that the reason I got the call at 1275 was that along with turnover, they released extra seats from the pool of tickets they hold back. He said it was a one time thing and they would not be doing it again next year.... Not quite sure if i believe that but OK, I got tickets.....

I was in a similar situation, was #1334 on the list back in June and was able to select season tickets for this season (when picking my package, I was #954). I have to imagine I was right around the cutoff. Thankfully I was looking for a set of 3 tickets and there were plenty of those available for a half-season plan.
pntherpaw86

Postby Bathgate on Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:52 pm

If you go to the Pens site and click on tickets for the pre-season exhibition games as though you want to buy and you can bring up a seat map roughly showing all the seats sold as season tickets (all those unavailable for sale) and those that will need to be sold on a game-by-game basis (the blue dots). This assumes that there have been very few individual tickets sold for those games (who would buy them). You could easily count the blue-dot available seats (which I'm not going to take the time to do), but it appears there are only about a thousand tickets left for those games. That suggests the season ticket base may be upwards of 17,000 or more this year. Didn't it used to be kept at 15,000?
Bathgate
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby dodint on Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:53 pm

Tickets went on sale at 10am for Waitlisters, but I've been out in the field all day and I assume the premium stuff went already. About to login and see what is available for Maatta night.
dodint
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby apirring on Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:02 pm

Tickets are getting crazy expensive, its making me really think about keeping it going. Section 201, 1/2 Season Plan A.

I couldn't even imagine paying lower bowl prices. :cry:
apirring

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins