Recchi named Pens player development coach

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Recchi named Pens player development coach

Postby Pitts on Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:22 am

pcm wrote:
Pitts wrote:
pens9192 wrote:Recchi was shipped out out of town in 1992 in exchange for Tocchet. Now Recchi is back. Awkward? U Mad Bro?

I bet a dinner with Recchi, Tocchet, and Mario would be fun.

I don't think there is any issue whatsoever. Both Recchi and Tocchet have been all over the league. They know the business.

Lemieux, Recchi, Tocchet and Stevens...now those were some big time players! What memories!

Or how about Guerin being acquired to fill the spot on Sid's wing that Recchi could no longer... And then Recchi coming in and taking Guerin's old job after Bill gets a promotion?

You could probably do 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon with nearly every player in the NHL. At least those with longevity.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Gaucho on Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:28 am

Pitts wrote:
pcm wrote:
Pitts wrote:
pens9192 wrote:Recchi was shipped out out of town in 1992 in exchange for Tocchet. Now Recchi is back. Awkward? U Mad Bro?

I bet a dinner with Recchi, Tocchet, and Mario would be fun.

I don't think there is any issue whatsoever. Both Recchi and Tocchet have been all over the league. They know the business.

Lemieux, Recchi, Tocchet and Stevens...now those were some big time players! What memories!

Or how about Guerin being acquired to fill the spot on Sid's wing that Recchi could no longer... And then Recchi coming in and taking Guerin's old job after Bill gets a promotion?

You could probably do 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon with nearly every player in the NHL. At least those with longevity.

Did you know Jordan Staal had two brothers who're also playing in the NHL?
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby DocEmrick on Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:44 am

Pitts wrote:
Now LeClair...there's your problem. Takes out Malkin in his first game here, then goes on to destroy the locker room. Philly blood all the way through! :)

:lol: :lol: :lol: Completely forgot about this. Didn't it happen in a pre-season game of all times? Some meaningless game?

Yeah, I'm inclined to believe Leclaire was more of the problem in that 05/06 season. Him and Lyle freking Odeline. Ryan Malone attributed a big part of his game to Leclaire...look at how that panned out :pop:
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Jim on Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:12 pm

I thought that Recchi and Crosby didn't like one another?
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby DocEmrick on Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:58 pm

Jim wrote:I thought that Recchi and Crosby didn't like one another?

That's what I heard (back in the day). I think they smoothed things over in 06/07.
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins