Pens Plan, Brass Bonanza, Quebec and more;

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Pens Plan, Brass Bonanza, Quebec and more;

Postby Scott on Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:59 am

A few thoughts on the Pens plan...
The momentum they had right now seems to be lost. Seems to be nothing more than left over confetti from the Steeler parade...hopefully they are waiting till when the time is right. "good to be hot at the right time"to pick it back up again...Now for my real thoughts on this...I do think the Pens plan is the best atleast on paper...this situation is such a huge opportunity for _______ to step up and be a hero. New governor, business person...etc etc...It is hard for me to believe that the fate of this franchise is TRULLY left up to a GAMBLING board. Lots and LOTS of smoke if you ask me. I will continue to support the Pens plan. Especially if they get picked as the winner then we all get the cookie here. :wink:
But I wont be surprised if they don't get the license. yet stay here through ..cough cough..you know..."a miracle". Rendel? Swann? It will be one of them who announces a new arena from a phone booth.

Brass Bonanza; A thought I have had for some time on the Whale.. Isn't it ironic how the hockey team left Hartford for greener pastures(literally)..a new arena, a new arena, must have a new arena, yet the arena they left is the staple by which all arenas are built.!?. At the time, was a laughing stock..the Hartford civic center was..connected to a mall. How dare they do that. Today, builders scramble to get the type of sightline, shopping that the little arena that could, provides!

Lastly, Quebec. If the Pens do happen to leave our area,(which I hope to the almighty it doesnt happen) folks, we are looking at the Quebec Nordiques...right before they moved to Colorado of course.

Oh yeah, you do know what happened after that team moved...

I wont finish that. If you are too young to know that, then you should be sleeping anyways.

Scott
Scott
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: Pens Plan, Brass Bonanza, Quebec and more;

Postby pfim on Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:42 am

Scott wrote:A few thoughts on the Pens plan...
The momentum they had right now seems to be lost. Seems to be nothing more than left over confetti from the Steeler parade...hopefully they are waiting till when the time is right. "good to be hot at the right time"to pick it back up again...Now for my real thoughts on this...I do think the Pens plan is the best atleast on paper...this situation is such a huge opportunity for _______ to step up and be a hero. New governor, business person...etc etc...It is hard for me to believe that the fate of this franchise is TRULLY left up to a GAMBLING board. Lots and LOTS of smoke if you ask me. I will continue to support the Pens plan. Especially if they get picked as the winner then we all get the cookie here. :wink:
But I wont be surprised if they don't get the license. yet stay here through ..cough cough..you know..."a miracle". Rendel? Swann? It will be one of them who announces a new arena from a phone booth.

Brass Bonanza; A thought I have had for some time on the Whale.. Isn't it ironic how the hockey team left Hartford for greener pastures(literally)..a new arena, a new arena, must have a new arena, yet the arena they left is the staple by which all arenas are built.!?. At the time, was a laughing stock..the Hartford civic center was..connected to a mall. How dare they do that. Today, builders scramble to get the type of sightline, shopping that the little arena that could, provides!

Lastly, Quebec. If the Pens do happen to leave our area,(which I hope to the almighty it doesnt happen) folks, we are looking at the Quebec Nordiques...right before they moved to Colorado of course.

Oh yeah, you do know what happened after that team moved...

I wont finish that. If you are too young to know that, then you should be sleeping anyways.

Scott

Quebec was good before they moved.
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins