Official GDT: 10/10/15 Pens vs. 'Yotes

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Re: Official GDT: 10/10/15 Pens vs. 'Yotes

Postby King Kessel on Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:26 am

dagny wrote:
Lt. Dish wrote:I miss Paul Martin.

:P

I'm not sure what personnel decisions could help this team TBTH. I really see a lot of flaws, not just with fundamentals, or even execution, but the positional play and the blown assignments time and time again. This team looks ''lost and confused'', I guess that pretty much encapsulates my perspective.
King Kessel
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Lt. Dish on Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:26 am

RentedMule66 wrote:
Lt. Dish wrote:
RentedMule66 wrote:
Lt. Dish wrote:It's games like this where I wish we had a back-to-backer and a game tomorrow. Get back on the horse right away. Instead we have to wait until Tuesday.

We don't need to be 0-3 so quickly in the season with only 1 goal scored for...

RM, I wish I could give you a wedgie.

dagny, is that a personal attack and worth an infraction? If so, then I recant and change it to a wet willie.

I'm not wearing underwear so it's all good :-)

OK, Commando Mule. :lol: :thumb:
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby dagny on Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:28 am

Steve wrote:
RentedMule66 wrote:Anyone who finds a positive in this train wreck of a team is drinking koolaid mixed with a **** load of vodka.

I saw the Pens complete a stick-to-stick pass in the third, so at least they made progress....

dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby King Kessel on Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:29 am

RentedMule66 wrote:
Lt. Dish wrote:
RentedMule66 wrote:
Lt. Dish wrote:It's games like this where I wish we had a back-to-backer and a game tomorrow. Get back on the horse right away. Instead we have to wait until Tuesday.

dagny, is that a personal attack and worth an infraction? If so, then I recant and change it to a wet willie.

Well, if caring means sharing, I normally don't wear anything except a long shirt as I watch games.
King Kessel
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby RentedMule66 on Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:30 am

King Kessel wrote:
dagny wrote:

I'm not sure what personnel decisions could help this team TBTH. I really see a lot of flaws, not just with fundamentals, or even execution, but the positional play and the blown assignments time and time again. This team looks ''lost and confused'', I guess that pretty much encapsulates my perspective.

Exactly.....when a team is CONTINUALLY lost and confused, comes out flat, lacking fire, enthusiasm, unprepared, lacks adjustments (sound flipping familiar)?? then it's a DIRECT reflection on THE COACH!
RentedMule66
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Lt. Dish on Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:31 am

I loved The Phil's face after he scored. So serious. He actually looked ticked off.

And--please--think of where he came from before you say he's ticked he's now on a disorganized crap show of a team.
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby RentedMule66 on Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:31 am

Lt. Dish wrote:
RentedMule66 wrote:
Lt. Dish wrote:
RentedMule66 wrote:

I don't mean to be such a complainer Dish....I'm just frustrated and disappointed at our start to the season...
RentedMule66
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby King Kessel on Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:31 am

RentedMule66 wrote:
King Kessel wrote:
dagny wrote:

Exactly.....when a team is CONTINUALLY lost and confused, comes out flat, lacking fire, enthusiasm, unprepared, lacks adjustments (sound flipping familiar)?? then it's a DIRECT reflection on THE COACH!

Precisely. Here's hoping the powers that be don't wait too long to remedy the matter.
King Kessel
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Lt. Dish on Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:33 am

King Kessel wrote:
RentedMule66 wrote:
Lt. Dish wrote:
RentedMule66 wrote:

Well, if caring means sharing, I normally don't wear anything except a long shirt as I watch games.

This stuff deserves its own thread. I'm not saying I'd post in it, but I'd definitely read it.
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Lt. Dish on Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:37 am

RentedMule66 wrote:
Lt. Dish wrote:
RentedMule66 wrote:
Lt. Dish wrote:

I don't mean to be such a complainer Dish....I'm just frustrated and disappointed at our start to the season...

I want you to change your user name to Commando Mule. Please?

I'm frustrated, too. The good news is that they do look better than Thursday, and they looked better in the 3rd period than they have so far.
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Lt. Dish on Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:40 am

Well, I'm gonna go stress eat and watch a movie, neither of which I should be doing since it's 1:40am.

See yinz on Tuesday for Les Miserables Habitants.
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby dagny on Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:48 am

King Kessel wrote:
RentedMule66 wrote:
Lt. Dish wrote:
RentedMule66 wrote:

Spoiler:
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby King Kessel on Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:01 am

Yeah, even I have that reaction at times myself.
King Kessel
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Pens4Life on Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:37 am

LETS TRADE EVERYONE, LETS FIRE THE COACH AND ASSISTANTS!!! :scared: :scared: :scared:

Relax people ,its only 2nd game of the season! Give all of them at least ONE MONTH and we will see were are they..
Team was injured (Maata, Dupuis, Bennett.. ) half of the season last year and there is a lot of new players this year (Kessel, Plotnikov, Bonino, Cullen, Sprong, Porter, even Dumoulin is like new, Maata in this system and soo on) ,soo they need some time,especially with all the mixing and juggling the HCMJ did in preseason. But also if Sid,Geno and Letang wont play in beast mode we wont be good as we could be.

ONE MONTH people..
Pens4Life
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby KG on Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:06 am

This team needs to find their version of Quenville. This team needs a coach that commands respect. One goal in 2 games against two non defensive teams is silly. Crosby with 0 shots in 2 games is disturbing.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Drewski17 on Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:49 am

Pens4Life wrote:LETS TRADE EVERYONE, LETS FIRE THE COACH AND ASSISTANTS!!! :scared: :scared: :scared:

Relax people ,its only 2nd game of the season! Give all of them at least ONE MONTH and we will see were are they..
Team was injured (Maata, Dupuis, Bennett.. ) half of the season last year and there is a lot of new players this year (Kessel, Plotnikov, Bonino, Cullen, Sprong, Porter, even Dumoulin is like new, Maata in this system and soo on) ,soo they need some time,especially with all the mixing and juggling the HCMJ did in preseason. But also if Sid,Geno and Letang wont play in beast mode we wont be good as we could be.

ONE MONTH people..

The problem is they can't keep throwing away points at the beginning of the year. Playoffs were clinched in game 82 last year

They have scored 1 goal in 2 games against 2 of the worst defensive teams from last year
Drewski17
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby midd on Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:50 am

After just 2 games, the season is lost! When does the next training camp start?

You can tell the players are feeling the pressure they have put on themselves. I thought they warmed up a bit after the first period.

Just loosen your grip on the sticks and don't think, execute!
midd
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby DeadPuck on Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:48 am

There's really no excuse for this group of forwards to have one goal in six periods of play.
DeadPuck
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby DeadPuck on Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:50 am

The mocking of people questioning the coach is childish and irresponsible. The eye test is real, and this team hasn't passed it for about a year now. Its not a two game sample, it's been been a pattern under this coaching staff.

Frankly, this team looks exactly like it did when we left off last season. There's a whole new bottom six and some new top 6.

Why is that?
DeadPuck
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby BurghThing on Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:18 am

RentedMule66 wrote:
King Kessel wrote:
dagny wrote:

But which coach? Seems to me they did the same thing under FHCDB. Make ME think maybe its not entirely on the coach, but maybe some of it has to do with our culture of player personnel.
BurghThing
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby King Kessel on Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:27 am

KG wrote:This team needs to find their version of Quenville. This team needs a coach that commands respect. One goal in 2 games against two non defensive teams is silly. Crosby with 0 shots in 2 games is disturbing.

Let's look at even a much larger sample size. I think it was mid november of last year when our PP was shutdown by Winnipeg. I'm curious to know from that point on what our record is including playoffs, exhibition games and these two early games. Our issues go way deeper than mere injury. I just hope the GM sees it sooner than later. Once our PP was figured out we have been a non-playoff caliber team.
King Kessel
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins