Shop for Pittsburgh Penguins 2017 Stanley Cup Champs Fan Gear and Collectibles

Official GDT: 10/13/15 Pens vs. Habs

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Re: Official GDT: 10/13/15 Pens vs. Habs

Postby Lt. Dish on Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:50 pm

King Kessel wrote:I'll put this out there now, I think you'll see the Pens make a push to bring Staal back. He was very well liked here. And I do think he would help shore up our leadership woes. Although I do think the Coaching is a far bigger issue than our current personnel.

Where would he play? Who would have to go?

Don't you be looking at 2C. Avert your eyes, KK!
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Lt. Dish on Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:53 pm

Jeez, even the Flyers have 5 points in 4 games playing for a COLLEGE coach.
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Tim Thomasen on Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:59 pm

King Kessel wrote:I'll put this out there now, I think you'll see the Pens make a push to bring Staal back. He was very well liked here. And I do think he would help shore up our leadership woes. Although I do think the Coaching is a far bigger issue than our current personnel.

No we won't.
Tim Thomasen
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Location: You know, it's just not death with dignity if there's an Estevez in the room

Postby King Kessel on Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:12 pm

Tim Thomasen wrote:

No we won't.

Don't be so sure.
King Kessel
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby King Kessel on Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:14 pm

Lt. Dish wrote:

If he would be reacquired Bonino, Perron, Bennett, Lovejoy and Pouliot would be candidates to go. Obviously not all of them, but a couple of them at least.
King Kessel
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Tim Thomasen on Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:16 pm

King Kessel wrote:
Tim Thomasen wrote:

No we won't.

Don't be so sure.

No, i'm quite sure of that KK.
Tim Thomasen
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Location: You know, it's just not death with dignity if there's an Estevez in the room

Postby King Kessel on Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:22 pm

Tim Thomasen wrote:
King Kessel wrote:
Tim Thomasen wrote:

No we won't.

Don't be so sure.

No, i'm quite sure of that KK.

Well, time will tell.
King Kessel
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Tim Thomasen on Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:30 pm

King Kessel wrote:
Lt. Dish wrote:

If he would be reacquired Bonino, Perron, Bennett, Lovejoy and Pouliot would be candidates to go. Obviously not all of them, but a couple of them at least.

-They just acquired Bonino and he's working well on the 3rd line.
-If Perron is going to go anywhere, it will be somewhere where the team can pick up a defenseman
-They fought to keep Pouliot from being in the Kessel trade, there not going to ditch him just he had a bad camp.

That leaves Bennett and Lovejoy and that certainly isn't enough to get Staal.

Not to mention out of all those guys you mentioned, none of those guys you mentioned outside of Perron (who's a winger) is on the 2nd line. Staal wanted out yes because he wanted to play with his brother, but also because he wanted a bigger role on the team, he wanted to play top six and he still isn't going to get it here.
Tim Thomasen
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby King Kessel on Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:43 pm

Bonino is far from an integral member of the team yet. Shipping him wouldn't hamper team chemistry in the least. With JW going down Carolina is looking for a right PMD. Lovejoy would at least be a serviceable guy to plug in for them. That also would free up Clendening to possibly get a spot in our line up at a lower cap hit. Pouliot or BB would likely be the other player involved.

As far as Staal goes, it's been hinted about that he would waive his NTC to come back here. He's found out that the grass isn't always greener. And from what I know that info seems accurate. Carolina is about to undergo a full rebuild, Staal possibly coming back here shouldn't be a surprise. And because Staal has full say as to where he goes, it does to some degree drive his value down.
King Kessel
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Maestro on Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:35 am

KG wrote:A quality coach with a true system and more importantly, a coach that this team listens to and respects can get a lot out of this group. The forward lineup is loaded with talent. There is no reason why this team can't score more consistently.

Get rid of the entire staff. I wish there was a legit option to replace HCMJ with. I don't see one.

Didn't you just describe Kevin Dineen?
Maestro
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Lt. Dish on Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:54 am

Maestro wrote:
KG wrote:A quality coach with a true system and more importantly, a coach that this team listens to and respects can get a lot out of this group. The forward lineup is loaded with talent. There is no reason why this team can't score more consistently.

Get rid of the entire staff. I wish there was a legit option to replace HCMJ with. I don't see one.

Didn't you just describe Kevin Dineen?

The guy you posted a picture of earlier? Is he your guy, Maestro? What kind of approach do you think he'd take? I know a little about him and remember him as a player, but I don't know anything about his coaching style.
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Lt. Dish on Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:02 am

King Kessel wrote:As far as Staal goes, it's been hinted about that he would waive his NTC to come back here. He's found out that the grass isn't always greener.

I really can't speak for him, but as an observer, I maintain that maneuvering to play with his bro in Carolina will go down as the biggest mistake of his career.

"Have another beer, Jordan!"
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Admin on Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:32 am

$6M per year through 2019-2020 for a third-line center?
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Skatingpen on Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:44 am

Admin wrote:$6M per year through 2019-2020 for a third-line center?

Why not? They pay over 7M for a 4th line player and a WBS caliber Defenseman.....;)
Skatingpen
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby King Kessel on Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:43 am

Admin wrote:$6M per year through 2019-2020 for a third-line center?

Carolina would have to retain about two million per. Which is why we'd have to part with a good young player/prospect. Here's an example: Perron, Lovejoy, Pouliot and Bonino cap hit about 7.7 million for Staal (two million retained), Versteeg and a third, cap hit about 6.2 million.
King Kessel
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby rgj on Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:19 pm

The Columbus Blue Jackets are now 0-4.

Will the Pens join them tonight?
rgj
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Cu11en on Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:47 pm

rgj wrote:The Columbus Blue Jackets are now 0-4.

Will the Pens join them tonight?

Win or lose, I think five creative efforts to enter the zone would be parade material at this point.
Cu11en
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins