Official GDT - Pens @ Lightning - 12/10/16

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Official GDT - Pens @ Lightning - 12/10/16

Postby Hugo Stiglitz on Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:38 pm

Guys... The Pens aren't having a good game right now. It happens.
Hugo Stiglitz
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,765
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:36 am
Location: Las Vegas, NV

Re: Official GDT - Pens @ Lightning - 12/10/16

Postby Pitts on Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:40 pm

Hugo Stiglitz wrote:Guys... The Pens aren't having a good game right now. It happens.

Oh, I think they are doing alright. Another 3rd period comeback on the way.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 21,117
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:22 am
Location: Working ....

Re: Official GDT - Pens @ Lightning - 12/10/16

Postby lemieuxReturns on Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:40 pm

Hugo Stiglitz wrote:
lemieuxReturns wrote:I miss Hagelin the good hockey player. When does he return to us?


Are you serious right now?


He is 12th on the team in points and only has 3 goals. Yep I am serious.
lemieuxReturns
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,321
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:00 pm

Re: Official GDT - Pens @ Lightning - 12/10/16

Postby Hot Dog Vendor on Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:40 pm

DelPen wrote:
BurghThing wrote:
DelPen wrote:
BurghThing wrote:BTW, Sundqvist has a hat trick so far tonight.

Have to protect him in expansion and possibly let him slide in as the 3rd line center next year.


Bones keeps crapping the bed and I'd slide him in before that.


Wonder if we can see a mega trade with Fleury, Maatta and Bonino going for a backup goalie, high pick and top pairing defenseman?

Does that return fit any team out there? We have Fehr scratched and Sundqvist & Porter in WBS, checking center is a luxury right now.


Replace Bonino with Fehr and I'm in. The possibility of LV signing Bonino as a UFA is too strong for me to want to trade him.
Hot Dog Vendor
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 914
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:48 am

Re: Official GDT - Pens @ Lightning - 12/10/16

Postby BurghThing on Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:40 pm

should probably go back to the party, even the in-laws aren't this ugly.
BurghThing
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,558
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:22 pm
Location: All You Can Eat Crow Tavern

Re: Official GDT - Pens @ Lightning - 12/10/16

Postby BurghThing on Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:41 pm

Pitts wrote:
Hugo Stiglitz wrote:Guys... The Pens aren't having a good game right now. It happens.

Oh, I think they are doing alright. Another 3rd period comeback on the way.


Unfortunately they have to kill this man advantage before they can start.
BurghThing
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,558
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:22 pm
Location: All You Can Eat Crow Tavern

Re: Official GDT - Pens @ Lightning - 12/10/16

Postby Hugo Stiglitz on Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:42 pm

Pitts wrote:
Hugo Stiglitz wrote:Guys... The Pens aren't having a good game right now. It happens.

Oh, I think they are doing alright. Another 3rd period comeback on the way.


I have faith. Right everyone is coming down on players for every little thing; it's a little much.
Hugo Stiglitz
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,765
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:36 am
Location: Las Vegas, NV

Re: Official GDT - Pens @ Lightning - 12/10/16

Postby DelPen on Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:42 pm

Pitts wrote:
Hugo Stiglitz wrote:Guys... The Pens aren't having a good game right now. It happens.

Oh, I think they are doing alright. Another 3rd period comeback on the way.


They have been really bad at times and TB doesn't look like a team struggling. Didn't help Sid goes out from a cheap **** when we had the momentum.

But a bad camera by Cullen, bad pinch by Maatta and bad change by Kunitz all end up in our net.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,849
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Re: Official GDT - Pens @ Lightning - 12/10/16

Postby Hugo Stiglitz on Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:43 pm

lemieuxReturns wrote:
Hugo Stiglitz wrote:
lemieuxReturns wrote:I miss Hagelin the good hockey player. When does he return to us?


Are you serious right now?


He is 12th on the team in points and only has 3 goals. Yep I am serious.


Hagelin is on pace for a few points less than his norm. He's bringing everything he normally brings that makes him a major asset to this team.
Hugo Stiglitz
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,765
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:36 am
Location: Las Vegas, NV

Re: Official GDT - Pens @ Lightning - 12/10/16

Postby BurghThing on Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:44 pm

It's a Christmas Miracle!!!! Thank you Santa, you can forget the bike now.
BurghThing
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,558
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:22 pm
Location: All You Can Eat Crow Tavern

Re: Official GDT - Pens @ Lightning - 12/10/16

Postby Hugo Stiglitz on Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:45 pm

DelPen wrote:
Pitts wrote:
Hugo Stiglitz wrote:Guys... The Pens aren't having a good game right now. It happens.

Oh, I think they are doing alright. Another 3rd period comeback on the way.


They have been really bad at times and TB doesn't look like a team struggling. Didn't help Sid goes out from a cheap **** when we had the momentum.

But a bad camera by Cullen, bad pinch by Maatta and bad change by Kunitz all end up in our net.


The Pens are outplaying the Bolts. What the Bolts are doing so well right now is keeping quality chances away from Vas and jumping on the Pens mistakes. Murray would like to have one of those goals back.
Hugo Stiglitz
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,765
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:36 am
Location: Las Vegas, NV

Re: Official GDT - Pens @ Lightning - 12/10/16

Postby danish_penguin on Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:45 pm

Halleluja!!! What a nice tic-tac-toe goal.
danish_penguin
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 826
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:29 pm
Location: Århus, Denmark

Re: Official GDT - Pens @ Lightning - 12/10/16

Postby Hugo Stiglitz on Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:46 pm

Hugo Stiglitz wrote:Geno want score tonight. You can feel it.


Ehhh? Ehhh?
Hugo Stiglitz
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,765
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:36 am
Location: Las Vegas, NV

Re: Official GDT - Pens @ Lightning - 12/10/16

Postby Hugo Stiglitz on Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:48 pm

Murray isn't playing that well tonight. That was a juicy rebound he let up.
Hugo Stiglitz
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,765
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:36 am
Location: Las Vegas, NV

Re: Official GDT - Pens @ Lightning - 12/10/16

Postby Hot Dog Vendor on Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:48 pm

That was almost a very, very bad moment for Maatta right there.
Hot Dog Vendor
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 914
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:48 am

Re: Official GDT - Pens @ Lightning - 12/10/16

Postby DelPen on Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:48 pm

Hugo Stiglitz wrote:
lemieuxReturns wrote:
Hugo Stiglitz wrote:
lemieuxReturns wrote:I miss Hagelin the good hockey player. When does he return to us?


Are you serious right now?


He is 12th on the team in points and only has 3 goals. Yep I am serious.


Hagelin is on pace for a few points less than his norm. He's bringing everything he normally brings that makes him a major asset to this team.


What exactly is that?
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,849
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Re: Official GDT - Pens @ Lightning - 12/10/16

Postby Hot Dog Vendor on Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:48 pm

Hugo Stiglitz wrote:Murray isn't playing that well tonight. That was a juicy rebound he let up.


Indeed
Hot Dog Vendor
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 914
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:48 am

Re: Official GDT - Pens @ Lightning - 12/10/16

Postby Hugo Stiglitz on Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:49 pm

Quick... nobody give Maatta credit for that good defensive play on Hedman.
Last edited by Hugo Stiglitz on Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hugo Stiglitz
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,765
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:36 am
Location: Las Vegas, NV

Re: Official GDT - Pens @ Lightning - 12/10/16

Postby DelPen on Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:49 pm

Hugo Stiglitz wrote:
DelPen wrote:
Pitts wrote:
Hugo Stiglitz wrote:Guys... The Pens aren't having a good game right now. It happens.

Oh, I think they are doing alright. Another 3rd period comeback on the way.


They have been really bad at times and TB doesn't look like a team struggling. Didn't help Sid goes out from a cheap **** when we had the momentum.

But a bad camera by Cullen, bad pinch by Maatta and bad change by Kunitz all end up in our net.


The Pens are outplaying the Bolts. What the Bolts are doing so well right now is keeping quality chances away from Vas and jumping on the Pens mistakes. Murray would like to have one of those goals back.


So they are playing our game. Those bastards.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,849
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Re: Official GDT - Pens @ Lightning - 12/10/16

Postby Hugo Stiglitz on Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:50 pm

DelPen wrote:
Hugo Stiglitz wrote:The Pens are outplaying the Bolts. What the Bolts are doing so well right now is keeping quality chances away from Vas and jumping on the Pens mistakes. Murray would like to have one of those goals back.


So they are playing our game. Those bastards.


The Pens last year were able to do that while controlling play. Hopefully they will find that again.
Hugo Stiglitz
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,765
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:36 am
Location: Las Vegas, NV

Re: Official GDT - Pens @ Lightning - 12/10/16

Postby FLPensFan on Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:56 pm

Hot Dog Vendor wrote:
DelPen wrote:
BurghThing wrote:
DelPen wrote:
BurghThing wrote:BTW, Sundqvist has a hat trick so far tonight.

Have to protect him in expansion and possibly let him slide in as the 3rd line center next year.


Bones keeps crapping the bed and I'd slide him in before that.


Wonder if we can see a mega trade with Fleury, Maatta and Bonino going for a backup goalie, high pick and top pairing defenseman?

Does that return fit any team out there? We have Fehr scratched and Sundqvist & Porter in WBS, checking center is a luxury right now.


Replace Bonino with Fehr and I'm in. The possibility of LV signing Bonino as a UFA is too strong for me to want to trade him.

Sundqvist has never been a big scorer at any level. I'd like to see him as a 3C on this team, but that would be an overachievement for him, and likely a year or two down the road.
FLPensFan
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,135
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:30 pm
Location: South Florida @RandomHockeyGuy

Re: Official GDT - Pens @ Lightning - 12/10/16

Postby penny lane on Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:01 pm

I feel the power!!! Evgeni ties Jaromir and Kevin Stevens for 2nd in power play goals! Pass them tonight Gene.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 33,160
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:29 pm
Location: I like this team!

Re: Official GDT - Pens @ Lightning - 12/10/16

Postby FLPensFan on Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:04 pm

DelPen wrote:
BurghThing wrote:
DelPen wrote:
BurghThing wrote:BTW, Sundqvist has a hat trick so far tonight.

Have to protect him in expansion and possibly let him slide in as the 3rd line center next year.


Bones keeps crapping the bed and I'd slide him in before that.


Wonder if we can see a mega trade with Fleury, Maatta and Bonino going for a backup goalie, high pick and top pairing defenseman?

Does that return fit any team out there? We have Fehr scratched and Sundqvist & Porter in WBS, checking center is a luxury right now.

I'm stuck on Carolina right now, simply because guys like Jacob Slavin and Noah Hanifin are exempt from the draft. I'd really like to see the Penguins try and keep Schultz if he isn't taken in the draft. If you were to trade Maatta for someone like Hanifin, you can protect Letang, Dumoulin, and Schultz......and Hanifin is protected because he is exempt. Hanifin, Slavin, Darnell Nurse, Shea Theodore are some of the decent young defenseman in the NHL today but still exempt from the draft.

I'd still love to see a mega deal like Maatta, Hagelin, Sprong, and our 1st for Hanifin/Slavin and Skinner. Skinner is just about as fast as Hagelin, and is a much bigger scoring threat. Hanifin is probably a little worse than Maatta right now (he's only 19), but he's been considered a top pairing type of guy since he was drafted.
FLPensFan
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,135
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:30 pm
Location: South Florida @RandomHockeyGuy

Re: Official GDT - Pens @ Lightning - 12/10/16

Postby Hugo Stiglitz on Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:10 pm

FLPensFan wrote:I'd still love to see a mega deal like Maatta, Hagelin, Sprong, and our 1st for Hanifin/Slavin and Skinner. Skinner is just about as fast as Hagelin, and is a much bigger scoring threat. Hanifin is probably a little worse than Maatta right now (he's only 19), but he's been considered a top pairing type of guy since he was drafted.


I don't see how any of this benefits Carolina.
Hugo Stiglitz
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,765
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:36 am
Location: Las Vegas, NV

Re: Official GDT - Pens @ Lightning - 12/10/16

Postby DelPen on Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:11 pm

I've seen that called a slash on Khunhackl 9 out of 10 times.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,849
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests


e-mail