Official GDT - Pens vs Yotes - 12/10/16

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Official GDT - Pens vs Yotes - 12/10/16

Postby Hugo Stiglitz on Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:42 pm

One thing that's fairly intersting, or maybe it isn't lol... the 2nd and 3rd pair dmen are playing relatively similar ice time.
Hugo Stiglitz
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby penny lane on Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:46 pm

Good God, I'm calling it now, keep Sid out of the outdoor game.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby BurghThing on Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:46 pm

Why the **** is that not 4:00?!

Skating 4 people short again tonight.

#garageleague
BurghThing
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby DelPen on Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:47 pm

Inexcusable that's not a 4. I don't see anything showing Hornqvist lifting that stick up.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Hugo Stiglitz on Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:48 pm

I guess the only argument to made is whether or not Hornqvist was lifting the stick of Hanzal.
Hugo Stiglitz
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Hugo Stiglitz on Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:49 pm

DelPen wrote:Inexcusable that's not a 4. I don't see anything showing Hornqvist lifting that stick up.

Kinda hard to tell.
Hugo Stiglitz
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Hot Dog Vendor on Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:51 pm

penny lane wrote:Good God, I'm calling it now, keep Sid out of the outdoor game.

If they were the Flyers of yore, I'd say sure. But we can ill afford to wantonly drop a game to them this season. And most of the real **** Flyers have moved on, aside from Simmonds at times. Ryan White is one of the departed ****, and he's not changed since leaving.
Hot Dog Vendor
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby murphydump55 on Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:52 pm

Hugo Stiglitz wrote:One thing that's fairly intersting, or maybe it isn't lol... the 2nd and 3rd pair dmen are playing relatively similar ice time.

Dumoulin - 5:33
Letang - 6:40

Maatta - 3:55
Daley - 3:49

Cole - 2:45
Schultz - 3:06

3rd pairing is still behind the 2nd paring by at least two shifts. Clearly the 3rd pair.
murphydump55
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Location: the real hockeyville and apparently a janitor from Eastern Canada LOL

Postby Hot Dog Vendor on Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:52 pm

Hugo Stiglitz wrote:
DelPen wrote:Inexcusable that's not a 4. I don't see anything showing Hornqvist lifting that stick up.

Kinda hard to tell.

Indeed. All in all, not a real egregious non-call like we've seen lately.
Hot Dog Vendor
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Malkintent on Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:52 pm

What happened to Sid? Is he okay?
Malkintent
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Location: Please help my dog https://www.gofundme.com/sumdm7d8

Postby Hugo Stiglitz on Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:53 pm

murphydump55 wrote:
Hugo Stiglitz wrote:One thing that's fairly intersting, or maybe it isn't lol... the 2nd and 3rd pair dmen are playing relatively similar ice time.

3rd pairing is still behind the 2nd paring by at least two shifts. Clearly the 3rd pair.

Yeah, but it's not as much of a gap between the 1st and 2nd. 3 minutes and 1 minute is much closer. Plus, the "third" pairing is being deployed more with the top two lines.

Also, again. I SAID RELATIVELY SIMILAR. Did I say the same?
Hugo Stiglitz
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Hugo Stiglitz on Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:54 pm

Malkintent wrote:What happened to Sid? Is he okay?

He got a nasty high stick.
Hugo Stiglitz
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby murphydump55 on Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:56 pm

Hugo Stiglitz wrote:
murphydump55 wrote:

Yeah, but it's not as much of a gap between the 1st and 2nd. 3 minutes and 1 minute is much closer. Plus, the "third" pairing is being deployed more with the top two lines.

I'd have the balance they have going now as we need Letang on the ice more than any other player. The 1st pairing should be a lot more than the 2nd pairing.

I don't think it's relatively the same, they're still being insulated and played two less shifts than the 2nd pairing.
murphydump55
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Hugo Stiglitz on Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:56 pm

murphydump55 wrote:
Hugo Stiglitz wrote:
murphydump55 wrote:

I'd have the balance they have going now as we need Letang on the ice more than any other player. The 1st pairing should be a lot more than the 2nd pairing.

I don't think it's relatively the same, they're still being insulated and played two less shifts than the 2nd pairing.

Do you really have a reading comprehension problem?
Hugo Stiglitz
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby murphydump55 on Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:00 pm

Also Hugo, not sure why you're saying that they're being deployed more with the top 2 lines?

The pairing of Schultz and Cole had 18 seconds of ice time with Malkin's line and spent most of the game playing with the Bonino line. They're clearly being held off the ice when the 4th line is on the ice. They had a bit of time with Sid's line but the majority of their icetime has come with the THIRD line, and by quite a margin.
murphydump55
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Hugo Stiglitz on Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:02 pm

1) I never said the 3rd Pair is becoming the 2nd Pair. Never, nowhere, nada, zero, zilch

2) Never said they were playing the SAME minute or amount of shifts.

3) Simply pointed out they're getting relatively similar ice team, which is 100% true when you see the gap between the 1st and 2nd pairing. It's not opinion or subjective. It's just actual fact.

I'm not sure what you're unable to comprehend. I'm not sure your motive. You keep trying to call me out on things yet say you have no agenda. I'm made a very benign comment regarding ice time and you decided to extrapolate all this stuff.
Hugo Stiglitz
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Hugo Stiglitz on Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:03 pm

murphydump55 wrote:Also Hugo, not sure why you're saying that they're being deployed more with the top 2 lines?

The pairing of Schultz and Cole had 18 seconds of ice time with Malkin's line and spent most of the game playing with the Bonino line. They're clearly being held off the ice when the 4th line is on the ice. They had a bit of time with Sid's line but the majority of their icetime has come with the THIRD line, and by quite a margin.

BEING DEPLOYED MORE THAN NORMAL ON THE TOP TWO LINES. Better? Does that help you UNDERSTAND things better or do I need to continue to hold you hand?

Either you're just trying to troll me or you just have issues. Regardless, I honestly am over discussing things with you. It's become like discussing things with CG.
Hugo Stiglitz
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby BurghThing on Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:05 pm

High sticks are legal tonight boys, time for some 2 handers to the chops!
BurghThing
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby murphydump55 on Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:05 pm

Hugo Stiglitz wrote:1) I never said the 3rd Pair is becoming the 2nd Pair. Never, nowhere, nada, zero, zilch

3) Simply pointed out they're getting relatively similar ice team, which is 100% true when you see the gap between the 1st and 2nd pairing. It's not opinion or subjective. It's just actual fact.

I'm not sure what you're unable to comprehend. I'm not sure your motive. You keep trying to call me out on things yet say you have no agenda. I'm made a very benign comment regarding ice time and you decided to extrapolate all this stuff.

Never said that you claimed the 3rd pair was becoming the 2nd pair. Not sure where you're getting that from.

Number of shifts usually relates to number of minutes. If you're referring to minutes played, one can also refer to number of shifts. I was simply pointing out that they were approximately 2 shifts behind the 2nd pairing.
murphydump55
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby DelPen on Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:05 pm

No sid and no stick lift. Refs suck.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Hugo Stiglitz on Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:06 pm

murphydump55 wrote:
Hugo Stiglitz wrote:1) I never said the 3rd Pair is becoming the 2nd Pair. Never, nowhere, nada, zero, zilch

Never said that you claimed the 3rd pair was becoming the 2nd pair. Not sure where you're getting that from.

Number of shifts usually relates to number of minutes. If you're referring to minutes played, one can also refer to number of shifts. I was simply pointing out that they were approximately 2 shifts behind the 2nd pairing.

You CLEARLY brought it up in rebuttal to my comment, so stop acting like you didn't.
Hugo Stiglitz
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby murphydump55 on Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:07 pm

Hugo Stiglitz wrote:
murphydump55 wrote:Also Hugo, not sure why you're saying that they're being deployed more with the top 2 lines?

BEING DEPLOYED MORE THAN NORMAL ON THE TOP TWO LINES. Better? Does that help you UNDERSTAND things better or do I need to continue to hold you hand?

Either you're just trying to troll me or you just have issues. Regardless, I honestly am over discussing things with you. It's become like discussing things with CG.

Okay, you're right, 18 seconds with the 2nd line is more than normal. The majority of the first period was with the 3rd line by a large margin. Sid's line was behind that and Malkin's line barely existed with the 3rd pairing on the ice. So no, they weren't deployed with the top TWO lines more than normal....unless 18 seconds is normal. I'm just going by the numbers.
murphydump55
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Hugo Stiglitz on Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:08 pm

Heck, it wasn't even a comment. It was a simple basic observation.
Hugo Stiglitz
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Hot Dog Vendor on Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:08 pm

BurghThing wrote:High sticks are legal tonight boys, time for some 2 handers to the chops!

No no.......legal for THEM.
Hot Dog Vendor
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Hugo Stiglitz on Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:09 pm

murphydump55 wrote:
Hugo Stiglitz wrote:

Okay, you're right, 18 seconds with the 2nd line is more than normal. The majority of the first period was with the 3rd line by a large margin. Sid's line was behind that and Malkin's line barely existed with the 3rd pairing on the ice. So no, they weren't deployed with the top TWO lines more than normal....unless 18 seconds is normal. I'm just going by the numbers.

You're nitpicking garbage to have an argument.
Hugo Stiglitz
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins