Official GDT - Pens vs Yotes - 12/10/16

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Official GDT - Pens vs Yotes - 12/10/16

Postby Humperdink on Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:29 pm

Anyone choose "goalie shutout" for PAP? The Yotes are just awful tonight.
Last edited by Humperdink on Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,776
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:10 am
Location: Allegheny National Forest

Re: Official GDT - Pens vs Yotes - 12/10/16

Postby SteelCityFan on Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:29 pm

jwest21 wrote:This board would be much better if people would stop being so damn adversarial. Way too much time is spent with "I told you so", "no YOU'RE wrong" and "Remember that time X said something dumb last month. I think I'll bring it up again" posts.


This, and lots. There are a few individuals that present their opinions as facts. Then they manufacture an agenda to say "see, I told you so!", whether they're accurate or not
SteelCityFan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,487
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:03 am

Re: Official GDT - Pens vs Yotes - 12/10/16

Postby DelPen on Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:29 pm

So 4 goals and none of the big 4 have a point. What's the Pena record for goals scored where even Sid and Geno didn't have a point when they played?
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 43,899
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Re: Official GDT - Pens vs Yotes - 12/10/16

Postby jwest21 on Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:30 pm

Hugo Stiglitz wrote:[quote="jwest21"
The problem isn't pointing out that someone's facts are incorrect. The problem is when 15 posts are dedicated to it.


There literally is nothing incorrect about the 3rd pair playing only about 1 minute less at the time of the post saying they're getting similar ice time. There's also nothing deep about that observation either that required going out on this detailed attack.[/quote]



I was speaking in generalities. I haven't looked at the actual argument, merely pointing out that someone should just make their point and move on to discussing the game.
Last edited by jwest21 on Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jwest21
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,620
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:59 pm
Location: on IR

Re: Official GDT - Pens vs Yotes - 12/10/16

Postby jwest21 on Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:31 pm

And I have no idea whats happening to the quotes within a quotes.
jwest21
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,620
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:59 pm
Location: on IR

Re: Official GDT - Pens vs Yotes - 12/10/16

Postby murphydump55 on Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:31 pm

Hugo Stiglitz wrote:[quote="jwest21"
The problem isn't pointing out that someone's facts are incorrect. The problem is when 15 posts are dedicated to it.


There literally is nothing incorrect about the 3rd pair playing only about 1 minute less at the time of the post saying they're getting similar ice time. There's also nothing deep about that observation either that required going out on this detailed attack.[/quote]

You don't understand that you stated that the 3rd pairing was being deployed more than normal with the top two lines? They saw little to NO ice with Geno's line in the first and a shift or two with Sid's line. Saying that you observed that leads me to believe you must be blind? Because it didn't happen.
murphydump55
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,990
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:06 pm
Location: the real hockeyville and apparently a janitor from Eastern Canada LOL

Re: Official GDT - Pens vs Yotes - 12/10/16

Postby jwest21 on Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:32 pm

murphydump55 wrote:
Hugo Stiglitz wrote:[quote="jwest21"
The problem isn't pointing out that someone's facts are incorrect. The problem is when 15 posts are dedicated to it.


There literally is nothing incorrect about the 3rd pair playing only about 1 minute less at the time of the post saying they're getting similar ice time. There's also nothing deep about that observation either that required going out on this detailed attack.


You don't understand that you stated that the 3rd pairing was being deployed more than normal with the top two lines? They saw little to NO ice with Geno's line in the first and a shift or two with Sid's line. Saying that you observed that leads me to believe you must be blind? Because it didn't happen.[/quote]
Dude, you've said that multiple times. Why must it keep being brought up?
jwest21
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,620
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:59 pm
Location: on IR

Re: Official GDT - Pens vs Yotes - 12/10/16

Postby Humperdink on Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:33 pm

We may hit 10 pages tonight on the GDT, not sure why (sarc).
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,776
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:10 am
Location: Allegheny National Forest

Re: Official GDT - Pens vs Yotes - 12/10/16

Postby jwest21 on Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:33 pm

LEtang having some issues getting his shot off this period
jwest21
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,620
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:59 pm
Location: on IR

Re: Official GDT - Pens vs Yotes - 12/10/16

Postby jwest21 on Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:34 pm

Humperdink wrote:We may hit 10 pages tonight on the GDT, not sure why (sarc).

If we hit 9 pages, I will constantly remind you of it from now until May
jwest21
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,620
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:59 pm
Location: on IR

Re: Official GDT - Pens vs Yotes - 12/10/16

Postby murphydump55 on Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:34 pm

jwest21 wrote:
murphydump55 wrote:
Hugo Stiglitz wrote:[quote="jwest21"
The problem isn't pointing out that someone's facts are incorrect. The problem is when 15 posts are dedicated to it.


There literally is nothing incorrect about the 3rd pair playing only about 1 minute less at the time of the post saying they're getting similar ice time. There's also nothing deep about that observation either that required going out on this detailed attack.


You don't understand that you stated that the 3rd pairing was being deployed more than normal with the top two lines? They saw little to NO ice with Geno's line in the first and a shift or two with Sid's line. Saying that you observed that leads me to believe you must be blind? Because it didn't happen.

Dude, you've said that multiple times. Why must it keep being brought up?[/quote]

Because the poster that said it is playing stupid like he didn't say it and refuses to acknowledge he was completely off base and keeps referring to something else instead.
murphydump55
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,990
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:06 pm
Location: the real hockeyville and apparently a janitor from Eastern Canada LOL

Re: Official GDT - Pens vs Yotes - 12/10/16

Postby murphydump55 on Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:35 pm

jwest21 wrote:LEtang having some issues getting his shot off this decade


Fixed.
murphydump55
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,990
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:06 pm
Location: the real hockeyville and apparently a janitor from Eastern Canada LOL

Re: Official GDT - Pens vs Yotes - 12/10/16

Postby jwest21 on Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:35 pm

murphydump55 wrote:
jwest21 wrote:
murphydump55 wrote:
Hugo Stiglitz wrote:[quote="jwest21"
The problem isn't pointing out that someone's facts are incorrect. The problem is when 15 posts are dedicated to it.


There literally is nothing incorrect about the 3rd pair playing only about 1 minute less at the time of the post saying they're getting similar ice time. There's also nothing deep about that observation either that required going out on this detailed attack.


You don't understand that you stated that the 3rd pairing was being deployed more than normal with the top two lines? They saw little to NO ice with Geno's line in the first and a shift or two with Sid's line. Saying that you observed that leads me to believe you must be blind? Because it didn't happen.

Dude, you've said that multiple times. Why must it keep being brought up?


Because the poster that said it is playing stupid like he didn't say it and refuses to acknowledge he was completely off base and keeps referring to something else instead.[/quote]

Then leave it alone, please.
jwest21
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,620
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:59 pm
Location: on IR

Re: Official GDT - Pens vs Yotes - 12/10/16

Postby penny lane on Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:36 pm

Our friend Maatta got a point!
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 33,527
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:29 pm
Location: Catch you on the flip side!

Re: Official GDT - Pens vs Yotes - 12/10/16

Postby jwest21 on Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:36 pm

murphydump55 wrote:
jwest21 wrote:LEtang having some issues getting his shot off this decade


Fixed.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
jwest21
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,620
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:59 pm
Location: on IR

Re: Official GDT - Pens vs Yotes - 12/10/16

Postby BurghThing on Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:37 pm

SID!!!!!!!!
BurghThing
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,580
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:22 pm
Location: All You Can Eat Crow Tavern

Re: Official GDT - Pens vs Yotes - 12/10/16

Postby jwest21 on Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:37 pm

The Pirates need to see if Crosby wants a summer job
jwest21
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,620
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:59 pm
Location: on IR

Re: Official GDT - Pens vs Yotes - 12/10/16

Postby Hot Dog Vendor on Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:37 pm

Wow, Sid. Just wow.
Hot Dog Vendor
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 962
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:48 am

Re: Official GDT - Pens vs Yotes - 12/10/16

Postby SteelCityFan on Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:37 pm

penny lane wrote:Our friend Maatta got a point!


He now has one more assist than Murray!!
SteelCityFan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,487
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:03 am

Re: Official GDT - Pens vs Yotes - 12/10/16

Postby DelPen on Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:38 pm

What a horrible challenge
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 43,899
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Re: Official GDT - Pens vs Yotes - 12/10/16

Postby murphydump55 on Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:38 pm

SteelCityFan wrote:
penny lane wrote:Our friend Maatta got a point!


He now has one more assist than Murray!!


Insane.
murphydump55
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,990
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:06 pm
Location: the real hockeyville and apparently a janitor from Eastern Canada LOL

Re: Official GDT - Pens vs Yotes - 12/10/16

Postby E-Ramone on Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:38 pm

Sid is just on another level than everybody else. It's so awesome!
E-Ramone
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:49 pm
Location: Rochester, NY

Re: Official GDT - Pens vs Yotes - 12/10/16

Postby murphydump55 on Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:39 pm

DelPen wrote:What a horrible challenge


Straw grasping.
murphydump55
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,990
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:06 pm
Location: the real hockeyville and apparently a janitor from Eastern Canada LOL

Re: Official GDT - Pens vs Yotes - 12/10/16

Postby penny lane on Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:39 pm

murphydump55 wrote:
SteelCityFan wrote:
penny lane wrote:Our friend Maatta got a point!


He now has one more assist than Murray!!


Insane.

Finally I do agree
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 33,527
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:29 pm
Location: Catch you on the flip side!

Re: Official GDT - Pens vs Yotes - 12/10/16

Postby DelPen on Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:40 pm

murphydump55 wrote:
DelPen wrote:What a horrible challenge


Straw grasping.

It really looks like Tippett was going to but didn't.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 43,899
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests


e-mail