Hatcher is Crosby's b@#%h

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Hatcher is Crosby's b@#%h

Postby The Current One on Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:10 am

My prediction before last night's game: Crosby would have a monster game, and the Pens would win 7-2. Off by one goal....

Is there no better feeling than watching the Pens completely humiliate the Flyers in their own building? To watch Crosby skate circles around that pylon Hatcher? To watch him pick Hatcher's pocket and score in the same motion? No matter what tactics those goons used, the end result was 8 goals against.

Pens fans, the tide has turned. We've endured many years now of losses suffered at the hands of the Flyers, but those days are over. Crosby is an absolute Flyer killer, and we're lucky to be able to watch it for the next 10-15 years.

Let's go Pens!!!

Let's go Pens!!!
The Current One
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby .dennis. on Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:13 am

Yeah I know last year Crosby was pissed off about how things went against them last year and them taking cheap shots on him. They can't even touch him now and it's wonderful to see their whole team falling apart in front of our eyes.
.dennis.

Postby Shinoix on Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:24 am

Hatcher is useless without his stick. His days are over.

Crosby and Malkin must get excited when they see Hatcher or Rathje matched up against them.
Shinoix

Re: Hatcher is Crosby's b@#%h

Postby King Sid the Great 87 on Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:25 am

The Current One wrote:Is there no better feeling than watching the Pens completely humiliate the Flyers in their own building? To watch Crosby skate circles around that pylon Hatcher? To watch him pick Hatcher's pocket and score in the same motion? No matter what tactics those goons used, the end result was 8 goals against.

There is a better feeling. Being there waving to Flyers fans as they head to the exits.
King Sid the Great 87
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby .dennis. on Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:27 am

King Sid the Great 87 wrote:
The Current One wrote:Is there no better feeling than watching the Pens completely humiliate the Flyers in their own building? To watch Crosby skate circles around that pylon Hatcher? To watch him pick Hatcher's pocket and score in the same motion? No matter what tactics those goons used, the end result was 8 goals against.

There is a better feeling. Being there waving to Flyers fans as they head to the exits.

That has to be awesome being there in the Flyers building and seeing that beatdown. I can see them going nuts after taking that 1-0 lead and then going completely silent after we pile up the points.
.dennis.

Postby King Sid the Great 87 on Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:29 am

.dennis. wrote:

That has to be awesome being there in the Flyers building and seeing that beatdown. I can see them going nuts after taking that 1-0 lead and then going completely silent after we pile up the points.

It was even better after having to deal with those animals in Philly last year when they beat us.

Awfully quiet in there last night, and plenty of empty seats, even during the 1st period.
King Sid the Great 87
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Draftnik on Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:27 pm

I thought Philthy would place Hatcher on waivers when they waived the allegedly culpable 3 a few weeks ago. Instead the new regime must think he is part of the solution. He played 28+ minutes (out of 65) the other night versus ATL. Between his +/-, and the Afinogenov/Crosby goals he is the poster boy for being a liability in the new NHL.

It is very enjoyable to see his public suffering/humiliation.
Draftnik
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

pens victory causes flyers to call meeting...

Postby penny lane on Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:30 pm

http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/ ... 33920.html

"Usually the Flyers save those infamous closed-door, players-only meetings for a bad effort against a bad team.
After Saturday night's game, the Flyers broke a bit from tradition.
This time they got together following a bad effort against a good team.
The Flyers talked among themselves for a good 15 minutes after an embarrassing 8-2 pasting by the rejuvenated Pittsburgh Penguins."

just baby steps for the penguins. they had to beat the
devils in a game that meant something. they had to
go to Philadelphia & win a game. They will face the challenge
of the west coast trip...with or without Jordan Staal.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Location: “Some people are so much sunshine to the square inch.” ~WW

Postby pfim on Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:33 pm

I usually don't think like this, but I agree. The guy is a grade A dick, and I love watching him "handle" his humilation the only way he knows how-cross checking and open ice hits with 15 seconds left in an 8-2 loss.
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby eastonpensfan on Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:35 pm

Amazing... Hatcher gets owned by Sid on the scoreboard and then beat by a lightweight in a fight!

Time to retire!

Or better yet, stay playing for the Flyers to bring them down!
eastonpensfan
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Draftnik on Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:40 pm

pfim wrote:

I usually don't think like this, but I agree. The guy is a grade A dick, and I love watching him "handle" his humilation the only way he knows how-cross checking and open ice hits with 15 seconds left in an 8-2 loss.

I agree. My sentiments are immature and I would not want my kids to know I am capable of such thoughts. It is kind of sick to enjoy another persons suffering but somehow I find this very enjoyable. I guess that is the price pro athletes pay for doing their jobs under a public microscope every day. I felt sorry for aged Bobby Bowden as he ambled across the field last night after his defeat, but Hatcher isn't a sympathetic figure.
Last edited by Draftnik on Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Draftnik
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Ron` on Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:40 pm

eastonpensfan wrote:Amazing... Hatcher gets owned by Sid on the scoreboard and then beat by a lightweight in a fight!

Time to retire!

Or better yet, stay playing for the Flyers to bring them down!
I'm not a fight freak, but I was glad Thornburn held his ground and a bit more against Mr. Hatcher. How long has it been since we have guys that can hold their own in a legit scrap ie. Colby, Thornburn & Cairnes. At least two of them have other positive aspects to being in the lineup :)
Ron`
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Mango Salsa on Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:15 pm

I went back & looked at the play (in slow motion) where Sid picked Hatcher's pocket.
Hatcher moved out in front of the net and Handzus actually stepped on the puck as Hatcher moved up ice & knocked it away from him just long enough for Sid to get in the & lift his stick.

Like the rest of you said, I take alot of pleasure watching Hatcher get owned over & over again after the BS he pulled last year.
Mango Salsa
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby netwolf on Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:27 pm

Mango Salsa wrote:I went back & looked at the play (in slow motion) where Sid picked Hatcher's pocket.
Hatcher moved out in front of the net and Handzus actually stepped on the puck as Hatcher moved up ice & knocked it away from him just long enough for Sid to get in the & lift his stick.

Like the rest of you said, I take alot of pleasure watching Hatcher get owned over & over again after the BS he pulled last year.

Ummm.... Handzus is a Chicago Blackhawk and is also out for the season. I'm doubly sure he didn't step on that puck. :wink:
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby eastonpensfan on Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:39 pm

The Current One wrote:My prediction before last night's game: Crosby would have a monster game, and the Pens would win 7-2. Off by one goal....

Is there no better feeling than watching the Pens completely humiliate the Flyers in their own building? To watch Crosby skate circles around that pylon Hatcher? To watch him pick Hatcher's pocket and score in the same motion? No matter what tactics those goons used, the end result was 8 goals against.

Pens fans, the tide has turned. We've endured many years now of losses suffered at the hands of the Flyers, but those days are over. Crosby is an absolute Flyer killer, and we're lucky to be able to watch it for the next 10-15 years.

Let's go Pens!!!

Let's go Pens!!!

Were you also the guy who predicted Armstrong as 1st star or was that someone else?
eastonpensfan
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Judy on Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:19 pm

It was even better after having to deal with those animals in Philly last year when they beat us.

Awfully quiet in there last night, and plenty of empty seats, even during the 1st period.

Were there a lot of Pens fans there? At times it sounded as though there were.

Also, and I apologize if this was brought up before but I found an interesting little tidbit of info...

The last time the Flyers gave up eight goals at home was November 29, 1991 against.....................................

Pittsburgh! :D
Judy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby King Sid the Great 87 on Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:21 pm

Judy wrote:

Were there a lot of Pens fans there? At times it sounded as though there were.

Also, and I apologize if this was brought up before but I found an interesting little tidbit of info...

The last time the Flyers gave up eight goals at home was November 29, 1991 against.....................................

Pittsburgh! :D

There were some Pens fans scattered around. I watched the replay today, and it sounded a lot louder on the tv than it did being there when the Pens scored.

That being said, there was a lot more black and gold there this year compared to the one game I went to last season.

By the time the game ended, with the amount of people in the crowd, it may have been 50/50 :lol:
King Sid the Great 87
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby André on Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:19 am

Hatcher's everyone's ***** =)
André
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby FlyerNation on Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:55 am

Deas wrote:Hatcher's everyone's ***** =)
Seriously, By far the worse Flyers defenseman I can ever remember in my life and I've seen alot of bad defenseman for the Flyers since I started following them in the early 80's.

Anyways nice win boys. You guys own us especially Crosby who I can't give enough respect to. You're team is very impressive. This is going to be a loong couple years to get this mess straightend out.
FlyerNation

Postby netwolf on Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:07 pm

FlyerNation wrote:
Deas wrote:Hatcher's everyone's ***** =)
Seriously, By far the worse Flyers defenseman I can ever remember in my life and I've seen alot of bad defenseman for the Flyers since I started following them in the early 80's.

Anyways nice win boys. You guys own us especially Crosby who I can't give enough respect to. You're team is very impressive. This is going to be a loong couple years to get this mess straightend out.

Good of you to say so. Why you continue to get tagged by some around here as a troll is a mystery to me.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Steve on Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:21 pm

Well we can all relate to having to watch a Hatcher play defense on our teams. At least you didn't trade away Zubov to obtain yours....
Steve
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Schmidt1989 on Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:40 pm

My second hockey game ever was against the flyers. I forget when it was (im gunna say about 5 years ago) my whole family went which was really cool. It was at home and we won 9-3. (i think) almost as good as the game we went to on my sister birthday and we were losing, then with like 1:30 left someone tied it. then in OT, Marozov(sp?) won it for us. great memories.
Schmidt1989

Postby HomerPenguin on Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:42 pm

What's your point here? A lot of people don't like Hatcher. We get it. Move on. Brevity and uniformity are the bases of any good message board.
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Pitts on Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:51 pm

HomerPenguin wrote:What's your point here? A lot of people don't like Hatcher. We get it. Move on. Brevity and uniformity are the bases of any good message board.

You better watch it. Somebody may send Thornburn over to pay you a visit! :D
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby penny lane on Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:51 pm

HomerPenguin wrote:What's your point here? A lot of people don't like Hatcher. We get it. Move on. Brevity and uniformity are the bases of any good message board.

Did you place a bet that the pens would beat the flyers by 7 goals?
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Location: “Some people are so much sunshine to the square inch.” ~WW

Next

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins