Stewie Griffin Postgame: Canucks Confound Pens 4-2

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Stewie Griffin Postgame: Canucks Confound Pens 4-2

Postby netwolf on Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:50 am

Credit to [redacted] for the sweet Pens-centric pic.
Stewie Griffin wrote:Now then, I’m going to do something I call the “compliment sandwich”, where I say something good, then talk about where you need improvement, and then end with something good.

Pens at Canucks, a 4-2 loss

Something good: Another good start. The Pens pretty much dominated the first, running up a 16-8 shot advantage (8-2 from in close).

Where they need improvement: Lack of finish was an issue again, but since that had this spot last time, let's go with the lack of attention to detail, especially in their own end. How many times did they fail to pick up the late man?

Something good: Good to see Jake Guentzel get a goal. He hadn't scored in his last 6. Hopefully, that gets him going. 4+4 in 16 isn't awful, but that's a little lower than where I thought he'd be.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Stewie Griffin Postgame: Canucks Confound Pens 4-2

Postby Southern Fan on Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:18 am

I really liked how "post smashing his head into the boards" Corrado played in the third period. He had some dangerous shots on goal and around the goal and played decent defense. Was the best defenseman after he came back from the dark room.
Southern Fan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby FLPensFan on Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:43 am

Something good: Corrado. Has been playing well so far, to the degree there is some talk he could remain the 7th defenseman above Ruhwedel when the defense is healthy.

Improvement: EVEN STRENGTH PRODUCTION. Great to see "improvement," but the fact is they still aren't producing. I believe they are at 5 ES goals in their past 7 games.

Something good: Cool HWhip.
FLPensFan
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby netwolf on Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:27 pm

FLPensFan wrote:Cool HWhip.

You're saying it weird. Why are you putting so much emphasis on the H?
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Southern Fan on Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:13 pm

Hey, the pens are undefeated in the eastern conference against teams not located in Tampa.
Southern Fan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins