Thoughts from the morning after??

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Thoughts from the morning after??

Postby Cow_Master66 on Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:10 am

I like reading these and actually get quite disappointed when they are not up early the next day...Am I the only one? :scared:
Cow_Master66

Re: Thoughts from the morning after??

Postby Penspal on Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:43 am

My apologies LGP'ers. I have a friend who is suffering from mental illness, so I don't have much time on my hands to wax poetic on the Pens. I do hope to get back to it soon.

And thanks C_M, even if you are the only one!
Penspal
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: UPMC - Universal Pens Mojo Control - Hockey Gods, Hear us now! Pens are worthy, Preds are not!

Postby pekkasteele on Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:02 am

Sad to hear Penspal :( Hope he/she gets better soon.

And, yes, I enjoy the "Thoughts from the morning after" a lot, Those, and the recap on nhl.com is my main source for after-game info!
pekkasteele
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby sjnhiils on Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:18 am

Most are blaming Letang for the loss Saturday but Maata was not much better. After the bad game Maata had, I found it ironic to read Jason Mackey's column in Sunday's PG where he stated that Maata was "turning back the clock on his career and rediscovering the elite form from his 2013-2014 rookie year." He has looked good in a few games but he still seems too slow to the puck and his lack of defensive zone coverage is very noticeable. If his play is "elite", we are in for a long year!!
sjnhiils
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby wondermoose on Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:00 am

sjnhiils wrote:Most are blaming Letang for the loss Saturday but Maata was not much better. After the bad game Maata had, I found it ironic to read Jason Mackey's column in Sunday's PG where he stated that Maata was "turning back the clock on his career and rediscovering the elite form from his 2013-2014 rookie year." He has looked good in a few games but he still seems too slow to the puck and his lack of defensive zone coverage is very noticeable. If his play is "elite", we are in for a long year!!

The thing is Maatta was playing well before they put him with Letang. I want to believe that it's just a time thing - that Letang will figure it out and they'll just have to suffer until things start to click again, but I sure hope it doesn't drag on too much longer.
wondermoose
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Stillerz Bar on Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:19 pm

pekkasteele wrote:Sad to hear Penspal :( Hope he/she gets better soon.

And, yes, I enjoy the "Thoughts from the morning after" a lot, Those, and the recap on nhl.com is my main source for after-game info!

Hoping your friend gets they help the need PP.

As for the "Thoughts" posts, they are one of the first things I look for when I go online the day after the game. Whether I agree with specific items or note, your thoughtful toughs ;) are my baseline for reviewing the game. In addition, they always generate some of the best discussions we have on the forum as most of the time we aren't as emotional at that point as we are during the games.

Know that your efforts are greatly appreciated!!
Stillerz Bar
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Durbano on Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:28 pm

Know that your efforts are greatly appreciated!!

Dilly dilly!

And best of luck to your friend.
Durbano
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Puck-Lurker on Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:21 am

Penspal wrote:My apologies LGP'ers. I have a friend who is suffering from mental illness, so I don't have much time on my hands to wax poetic on the Pens. I do hope to get back to it soon.

And thanks C_M, even if you are the only one!

I always love reading your TftMA threads. Good place to get your bearings on how the Pens are doing amd share your thoughts in a quick list of points

Alas, real life is what it is and I hope it improves for you and yours.

I havent been able to make tasty GDTs for over a year myself due to changing jobs, it is what it is and other people can pick up the slack. ;-)
Puck-Lurker
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby albalz on Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:30 pm

I read your posts after almost every game, you are a highlight of this board. Hope you friends situation improves. We will be here when things settle down. Wishing you and your friend well. Good luck!
albalz
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Penspal on Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:35 am

Thanks everyone. He is getting the help he needs.
Penspal
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: UPMC - Universal Pens Mojo Control - Hockey Gods, Hear us now! Pens are worthy, Preds are not!

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins