Official GDT: Pens @ Caps 11/10/17

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Official GDT: Pens @ Caps 11/10/17

Postby Humperdink on Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:51 pm

And Reaves was the least of the Pens problem tonight. But okay.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Steve on Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:52 pm

On the bright side, the Pens should be well rested for tomorrow's game.

The Caps outside of about four or five players, are garbage.
Steve
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Humperdink on Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:54 pm

My intense dislike for TJ Oshie and Tom Wilson remains unabated. Orpik is attempting to reach that same level.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby BurghThing on Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:55 pm

Humperdink wrote:
Owchar76 wrote:
Pitts wrote:
Owchar76 wrote:
DelPen wrote:Is Reaves waiting until Sid gets speared a third time to do something? Destroying some AHL scrub is fine but he needed to make a presence fealt by taking out someone useful.

Nope, people said that was a good fight!! It served a purpose.

No one said it served a purpose. Not one friggin person.

Meanlingless? Ah, no. After the worthless Crap slug picked himself off the ice, Reaves sent an RSVP to the Crap bench.

but okay.

Wilson took no cheap shots that I recall. But okay.

PS: Please bring your Reaves criticism to tomorrow's night game. It's entertaining, if nothing else. (sarc)

Something about the team needs to be entertaining, the effort by their "stars" certainly isn't
BurghThing
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Owchar76 on Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:01 pm

Humperdink wrote:
Owchar76 wrote:
Pitts wrote:
Owchar76 wrote:
DelPen wrote:Is Reaves waiting until Sid gets speared a third time to do something? Destroying some AHL scrub is fine but he needed to make a presence fealt by taking out someone useful.

Nope, people said that was a good fight!! It served a purpose.

No one said it served a purpose. Not one friggin person.

Meanlingless? Ah, no. After the worthless Crap slug picked himself off the ice, Reaves sent an RSVP to the Crap bench.

but okay.

Wilson took no cheap shots that I recall. But okay.

PS: Please bring your Reaves criticism to tomorrow's night game. It's entertaining, if nothing else. (sarc)

Wilson took no cheap shots in the playoffs either. I've also witnessed other games where he was a non factor and didn't do anything stupid. But keep trying to convince yourselves that Reaves is so effective. He isn't needed and if he was so valuable St. Louis would never have traded him. They need protection too!

As someone else said, Reaves won't be dressed in the playoffs. I guess it will be a free for all on the stars then, how will they ever win?
Owchar76
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Steve on Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:02 pm

FLPensFan wrote:
NashvilleCat wrote:They play like this tomorrow and they'll get run out of the building.

I don't see how they will play any better. They already look like they are playing the 2nd game on the back to back, not the first. Little emotion right now. Very few guys coming to play every shift. Sullivan isn't helping by not being able to make it through a game with 4 consistent lines.

Rutherford has his work cut out for him.....this team needs a big shakeup. Not sure why I stopped watching Stranger Things Season 2 for this game, with this level of effort.

Part of it is the double SC hangover no doubt, but the Pens have resorted back to a few years ago, where if 87 and 71 are quiet, they lose. They are getting nothing from the bottom two lines. They are fortunate that Murray is so good right now.
Steve
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Owchar76 on Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:02 pm

Humperdink wrote:And Reaves was the least of the Pens problem tonight. But okay.

Who said he was the major problem? :face:
Owchar76
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby BurghThing on Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:03 pm

Reaves was not the problem tonight, the 2 empty sweaters earning over 20% of our cap space were.
BurghThing
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Owchar76 on Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:06 pm

Steve wrote:
FLPensFan wrote:
NashvilleCat wrote:They play like this tomorrow and they'll get run out of the building.

I don't see how they will play any better. They already look like they are playing the 2nd game on the back to back, not the first. Little emotion right now. Very few guys coming to play every shift. Sullivan isn't helping by not being able to make it through a game with 4 consistent lines.

Rutherford has his work cut out for him.....this team needs a big shakeup. Not sure why I stopped watching Stranger Things Season 2 for this game, with this level of effort.

Part of it is the double SC hangover no doubt, but the Pens have resorted back to a few years ago, where if 87 and 71 are quiet, they lose. They are getting nothing from the bottom two lines. They are fortunate that Murray is so good right now.

That's because this team is build the same way.

Rowney, McKegg, Sheahan, Hagelin, Kuhnhackl, Reaves, - It's kinda hard to get production from that. Adams, Pyatt, Sill, Lapierre, Glass - sure they're not that bad, but they still don't have that depth that can be there if the stars don't get it done.
Owchar76
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Owchar76 on Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:09 pm

BurghThing wrote:Reaves was not the problem tonight, the 2 empty sweaters earning over 20% of our cap space were.

Both weren't good by any means. Guentzel looks like he has lost a bunch of confidence. I'd like to see Sid back with Sheary and Jake. What we're doing now isn't working, let's go back to what did work, even if it was cold earlier this year. Maybe it'll get Jake going again...heck maybe it gets Sid going.
Owchar76
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Steve on Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:13 pm

Owchar76 wrote:
Steve wrote:
FLPensFan wrote:

That's because this team is build the same way.

Rowney, McKegg, Sheahan, Hagelin, Kuhnhackl, Reaves, - It's kinda hard to get production from that. Adams, Pyatt, Sill, Lapierre, Glass - sure they're not that bad, but they still don't have that depth that can be there if the stars don't get it done.

Yeah, a few of those guys in the first list are fine, but not six or seven of them at once. Tonight is the kind of game where they could have really used Cullen (for example) to spark the 3rd or 4th line, it may have been enough to get by the Caps, who really don't look that good to me. (and I know it's only Nov and one game)
Steve
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Humperdink on Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:26 pm

"Wilson took no cheap shots in the playoffs either."

> This isn't the playoffs.

"I've also witnessed other games where he was a non factor and didn't do anything stupid."

> Wilson tried to injure Sam Reinhart in Buffalo on Tuesday. Could you 'splain why Wilson did not play the first few games of this season?

"He isn't needed..."

>GMJR disagrees with you.

".....if he was so valuable St. Louis would never have traded him."

> Mystifying comment. You could apply that to any NHL player traded. "If player X was so valuable, why did they trade him? "

"As someone else said, Reaves won't be dressed in the playoffs."

> Probably true. OTOH, it's possible we may have less cheap-shot induced injuries at that time.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Maestro on Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:28 pm

pensfaninhudsonvalley wrote:Why did we get #15? He couldn't last in the ECHL with those stats

Everyone on here but me was high on him. "Last year was an aberration." He'll get 15 goals. Let's start with 1.
Maestro
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Crashguy66 on Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:30 pm

Feels like November 2015. Wait till next month and make a coaching change. (KIDDING). I'm rather perplexed as EVERYTHING seems off. Maybe stick with lines for 5 - 10 games?
Crashguy66
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Jim on Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:57 pm

pensfaninhudsonvalley wrote:Why did we get #15? He couldn't last in the ECHL with those stats

At least he is white, or someone would be all over him too...
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Hot Dog Vendor on Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:09 am

Humperdink wrote:My intense dislike for TJ Oshie and Tom Wilson remains unabated. Orpik is attempting to reach that same level.

I didn't like Orpik his last 2 years in Pittsburgh, so I'm way ahead of you on that.
Hot Dog Vendor
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Hot Dog Vendor on Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:19 am

Owchar76 wrote:
Wilson took no cheap shots in the playoffs either. I've also witnessed other games where he was a non factor and didn't do anything stupid. But keep trying to convince yourselves that Reaves is so effective. He isn't needed and if he was so valuable St. Louis would never have traded him. They need protection too!

As someone else said, Reaves won't be dressed in the playoffs. I guess it will be a free for all on the stars then, how will they ever win?

Took no cheap shots in the playoffs, you say??

Well, then........explain this video........

Hot Dog Vendor
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Hot Dog Vendor on Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:21 am

Owchar76 wrote:Wilson took no cheap shots in the playoffs either. I've also witnessed other games where he was a non factor and didn't do anything stupid. But keep trying to convince yourselves that Reaves is so effective. He isn't needed and if he was so valuable St. Louis would never have traded him. They need protection too!

And this one, too......if you would......
Hot Dog Vendor
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Southern Fan on Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:05 am

If I recall, Wilson had a two goal game in the playoffs against Toronto and the Neanderthals on NBC sports pronounced him the ultimate playoff warrior.

He then disappeared after that game.
Southern Fan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby penny lane on Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:51 pm

"It's tough," Sullivan said. "There's one second left on the kill and for the most part, they really didn't get much. The killers were doing a really good job. That was one of those goals that stung a little bit, but we've got to find a way to be a little more resilient. We need some push-back."

Tonight in Nashville, they will be looking at a whole lot of retro spring - Bonino, Turris, and the Preds.
Will Laviolette start Rinne?
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Humperdink on Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:16 pm

Rinne? If I am the Pre-Daters, he's in the net. He needs to get over the Penguin hump. Plus our Pens are coming to town in a weakened state.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Jim on Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:13 am

Wilson was running around all game today taking liberties with Oiler players including during play and after whistles. Huge difference between today and Friday... I wonder how much of his antics today had to do with him looking over his shoulder Friday.
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Hot Dog Vendor on Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:57 am

Jim wrote:Wilson was running around all game today taking liberties with Oiler players including during play and after whistles. Huge difference between today and Friday... I wonder how much of his antics today had to do with him looking over his shoulder Friday.

Why bother, Jim? I mean......seriously. I have this argument daily with one of my best friends. I'm tired of having it.

And it's always ridiculous claims like........

"Wilson took no cheap shots in the playoffs either." - Owchar76

Please see video evidence above, and then kindly **** right off.
Hot Dog Vendor
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins