Official GDT: Pens @ Caps 11/10/17

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Official GDT: Pens @ Caps 11/10/17

Postby DelPen on Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:12 pm

Orpik is such a putz
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 44,777
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Re: Official GDT: Pens @ Caps 11/10/17

Postby Pitts on Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:12 pm

FLPensFan wrote:The Penguins PP has become very, very predictable right now. Everything is being setup for Kessel or Letang/Schultz. Malkin, Crosby, and Hornqvist don't get setup with enough opportunities, and when they do get chances, they pass them up trying to setup the Phil.

Agreed. Malkin passes up a ton of one-timers.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 21,594
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:22 am
Location: Working ....

Re: Official GDT: Pens @ Caps 11/10/17

Postby FLPensFan on Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:13 pm

Of course Orpik is allowed to headlock, and throw Hornqvist to the ice. Although, that is blatant.....

Image
FLPensFan
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 7,718
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:30 pm
Location: South Florida @RandomHockeyGuy

Re: Official GDT: Pens @ Caps 11/10/17

Postby DelPen on Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:13 pm

BurghThing wrote:Body slamming is legal in today's NHL.

Shove player into your own goalie then slam him to the ice when he makes contact that you caused. Nothing to see here.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 44,777
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Re: Official GDT: Pens @ Caps 11/10/17

Postby NashvilleCat on Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:14 pm

Pitts wrote:
FLPensFan wrote:The Penguins PP has become very, very predictable right now. Everything is being setup for Kessel or Letang/Schultz. Malkin, Crosby, and Hornqvist don't get setup with enough opportunities, and when they do get chances, they pass them up trying to setup the Phil.

Agreed. Malkin passes up a ton of one-timers.

When they do make the cross ice pass to Phil it's either he can't shoot or he won't shoot.
NashvilleCat
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,396
Joined: Sat May 24, 2008 7:18 pm
Location: 4.5 hours south of Josh Harrison's hometown.

Re: Official GDT: Pens @ Caps 11/10/17

Postby DelPen on Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:15 pm

Caps are total garbage and are beating us rather easily because no one wants to actually try to score.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 44,777
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Re: Official GDT: Pens @ Caps 11/10/17

Postby pensfaninhudsonvalley on Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:15 pm

Please call up Sprong soon, team needs some sort of jolt.
pensfaninhudsonvalley
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:14 pm
Location: Middletown,NY

Re: Official GDT: Pens @ Caps 11/10/17

Postby FLPensFan on Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:16 pm

NashvilleCat wrote:
Pitts wrote:
FLPensFan wrote:The Penguins PP has become very, very predictable right now. Everything is being setup for Kessel or Letang/Schultz. Malkin, Crosby, and Hornqvist don't get setup with enough opportunities, and when they do get chances, they pass them up trying to setup the Phil.

Agreed. Malkin passes up a ton of one-timers.

When they do make the cross ice pass to Phil it's either he can't shoot or he won't shoot.

I've said before that Letang is horrible setting up the Phil. He crowds him and draws more players to Phil so he doesn't have space to get his shot off. I've further figured it out in this last PP.....opponents just do not fear Letang's shot or decision making. Phil had much more space out there with Schultz on the point, because Schultz is much more of a threat to hit the net with the puck, instead of repeatedly shoot into bodies.
FLPensFan
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 7,718
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:30 pm
Location: South Florida @RandomHockeyGuy

Re: Official GDT: Pens @ Caps 11/10/17

Postby BurghThing on Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:20 pm

So Malkin and Phil work great with Jake last game and Sully decides to move him to the invisible Captain's line for some reason.
BurghThing
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,190
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:22 pm
Location: All You Can Eat Crow Tavern

Re: Official GDT: Pens @ Caps 11/10/17

Postby Southern Fan on Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:21 pm

Nothing like having 58 pinch and lose the puck. Could be 3-1
Southern Fan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,230
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:51 am

Re: Official GDT: Pens @ Caps 11/10/17

Postby DelPen on Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:29 pm

Is Reaves waiting until Sid gets speared a third time to do something? Destroying some AHL scrub is fine but he needed to make a presence fealt by taking out someone useful.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 44,777
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Re: Official GDT: Pens @ Caps 11/10/17

Postby DelPen on Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:30 pm

Did Smith Pelley hit Dumo high again?
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 44,777
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Re: Official GDT: Pens @ Caps 11/10/17

Postby BurghThing on Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:30 pm

I miss Sid
BurghThing
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,190
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:22 pm
Location: All You Can Eat Crow Tavern

Re: Official GDT: Pens @ Caps 11/10/17

Postby Owchar76 on Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:31 pm

Great D by Reaves and Kuhnhackl.
Owchar76
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 324
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:03 pm

Re: Official GDT: Pens @ Caps 11/10/17

Postby DelPen on Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:31 pm

Owchar76 wrote:Great D by Reaves and Kuhnhackl.

Sid didn’t help either.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 44,777
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Re: Official GDT: Pens @ Caps 11/10/17

Postby NashvilleCat on Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:31 pm

They play like this tomorrow and they'll get run out of the building.
NashvilleCat
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,396
Joined: Sat May 24, 2008 7:18 pm
Location: 4.5 hours south of Josh Harrison's hometown.

Re: Official GDT: Pens @ Caps 11/10/17

Postby Owchar76 on Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:31 pm

DelPen wrote:Is Reaves waiting until Sid gets speared a third time to do something? Destroying some AHL scrub is fine but he needed to make a presence fealt by taking out someone useful.


Nope, people said that was a good fight!! It served a purpose.
Owchar76
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 324
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:03 pm

Re: Official GDT: Pens @ Caps 11/10/17

Postby Skatingpen on Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:31 pm

Looks like a typical November game.... no emotion
Skatingpen
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 7,610
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:13 pm

Re: Official GDT: Pens @ Caps 11/10/17

Postby rgj on Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:32 pm

Sounds like the lackadaisical Pens have lost another one.
rgj
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,931
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:11 am
Location: Coldwater, Ohio. Duquense University

Re: Official GDT: Pens @ Caps 11/10/17

Postby DelPen on Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:32 pm

NashvilleCat wrote:They play like this tomorrow and they'll get run out of the building.

Oh,it’s going to be a blowout loss tomorrow.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 44,777
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Re: Official GDT: Pens @ Caps 11/10/17

Postby DelPen on Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:32 pm

Skatingpen wrote:Looks like a typical November game.... no emotion

But this is how we played in October too
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 44,777
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Re: Official GDT: Pens @ Caps 11/10/17

Postby Humperdink on Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:32 pm

Owchar76 wrote:
DelPen wrote:Is Reaves waiting until Sid gets speared a third time to do something? Destroying some AHL scrub is fine but he needed to make a presence fealt by taking out someone useful.


Nope, people said that was a good fight!! It served a purpose.


+4
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,972
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:10 am
Location: Allegheny National Forest

Re: Official GDT: Pens @ Caps 11/10/17

Postby Owchar76 on Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:33 pm

DelPen wrote:
Owchar76 wrote:Great D by Reaves and Kuhnhackl.

Sid didn’t help either.


Sid was down low, Kuhn and Reaves were the high guys....Stephenson scored from the high slot. They all stared at the puck and didn't pick up the guy coming down the slot.
Owchar76
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 324
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:03 pm

Re: Official GDT: Pens @ Caps 11/10/17

Postby pensfaninhudsonvalley on Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:33 pm

another -1 on the captain, he is quickly catching up to Letang
pensfaninhudsonvalley
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:14 pm
Location: Middletown,NY

Re: Official GDT: Pens @ Caps 11/10/17

Postby BurghThing on Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:33 pm

DelPen wrote:
NashvilleCat wrote:They play like this tomorrow and they'll get run out of the building.

Oh,it’s going to be a blowout loss tomorrow.



Thank God I have a wedding to go to.
BurghThing
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,190
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:22 pm
Location: All You Can Eat Crow Tavern

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dr Rosenrosen and 9 guests


e-mail