Game 24 vs Bruins - Thoughts from the Afternoon After

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Game 24 vs Bruins - Thoughts from the Afternoon After

Postby Penspal on Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:52 pm

Pens lose 4-3

- A nice comeback only to fall short. Stringing losses together now, guys getting sat.... time to tighten the laces, re-tape the blades, prepare for battle
- Sid attempted to carry the team yesterday, but there are too many guys now following.
- I like HCMS sitting of Cole. Cole is not been the problem, but it will certainly wake some guys up
- Broken record point - Pens need to play with MORE emotion. The sparkplug guys have to light this fire... Reaves & Archibald... put some Bolts down tonight
- Murray's stats are not indicative of how he's kept the Pens in games (they are losing, but he's giving them a chance)
- Pens have every reason to lose tonight... but I don't think that will happen, hockey gods hear us!!!
Penspal
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: Game 24 vs Bruins - Thoughts from the Afternoon After

Postby IntangibleBeer on Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:08 pm

- I liked the effort by Sid to change the game dynamics by himself, but why is he out there pretty much alone?
- Kessel is a bright spot on this team. At least, he comes to play every night.
- Murray is playing pretty well, but the defense in front of him - not so much. He's been shelled.
- I'm starting to wonder if trading Letang would bring some much needed pieces to the mix.

During the Canucks telecast a few days ago, Errey offered that the loss was not the result of a lack of effort, but because of missing pieces.

The problem with this team might well be structural, but I think there is some problem with effort and with team chemistry. The Pens lost a lot of intangibles, mostly grit with the departures of Kunitz, Bonino, and Cullen. And let's not downplay the changes to the coaching staff with the loss of Tocchet. There are a lot of pieces to replace if this team is to make any sort of reasonable defense of its championship. GMJR has his work cut out for him.

It's not time to panic, but it is time for action. I think a legitimate question at this point is: Do you start playing more WBS players now in the hope that you get some spark or do you go the trade route to address the team's deficiencies? (and if you do make trades, I don't think you can wait until February / March).
IntangibleBeer
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Penspal on Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:49 pm

IntangibleBeer wrote:- I'm starting to wonder if trading Letang would bring some much needed pieces to the mix.

Montreal is getting desperate. MTL would probably be the best location for Letang in terms of where he would want to play. Maybe Vegas as well.... I think its still to early to actually do it.... but for the first time ever, I'm on board for a fair trade for letang.
Penspal
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby wondermoose on Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:58 pm

-For the first time this season, I'm sticking up for Letang. He has improved tremendously in the last two weeks and, even if he's prone to his lapses in judgement, his positives are starting to outweigh the negatives. This, of course, could change overnight.

-Might as well replace half the forwards with AHLers because they aren't producing offensively or effectively defending.

-Poor Murray.
wondermoose
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins