Official GDT: Pens vs Flyers 11/27/17 (Game 26)

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Flyers 11/27/17 (Game 26)

Postby BurghThing on Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:00 pm

wondermoose wrote:
DelPen wrote:Just pounded 6 beers that third and OT finishing the last one right before the goal. You are all welcome.

I finished a 32 oz. 8% IIPA crowler (can + growler). Apparently, our combined drinking put us over the top.

And I helped!
BurghThing
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby wondermoose on Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:02 pm

Humperdink wrote:The Pens proved tonight that a good, tough 22 minutes of play will get you 2 points .... against a woeful team.

Meh, the standings go out the window against the Flyers.... but you've got a point. They remind me of the Johnston Era Penguins. No passion, no emotion. That team (and fanbase) thrives on living in the much - it makes sense to temper the penalties, but they look like a limp noodle out there.
wondermoose
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Faubert5 on Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:02 pm

stonewizard51 wrote:Suck it Philly !!!

SID !!

Letang makes up for some awful playing. Nice setup .

That was a thing of beauty.
Faubert5
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Formerly known as NashvilleCat - don't want any association with the Predators.

Postby Toke on Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:08 pm

Fun game. Nice win. Hunwick was a mess tonight. Cole plays next game.
Toke

Postby Steve Dave on Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:41 pm

Missed Murray’s injury. What happened and what is possible injury? (Head, knee, etc)
Steve Dave
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Mango Salsa on Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:22 am

Steve Dave wrote:Missed Murray’s injury. What happened and what is possible injury? (Head, knee, etc)

Mango Salsa
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Steve Dave on Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:52 am

Thanks!! ^
Steve Dave
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby shoeshine boy on Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:29 am

I still don't understand why that's not a penalty. yes, JV is trying to stop but he clearly waits too long to slam on the brakes. just because you don't mean to do it doesn't mean it's not a penalty.
shoeshine boy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby RisslingsMissingTeeth on Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:20 am

shoeshine boy wrote:I still don't understand why that's not a penalty. yes, JV is trying to stop but he clearly waits too long to slam on the brakes. just because you don't mean to do it doesn't mean it's not a penalty.

They were talking about this on Sirius this morning. Goalies are not playing for impact. They are typically relaxed looking for pucks or setting themselves up for saves. If someone goes into the crease with force and hits a goalie it should be subject to supplemental discipline. What is to stop a team from sending out a 3 minute/night guy to go full force into a hot goalie in the first minute of a game?
RisslingsMissingTeeth
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby DelPen on Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:12 pm

RisslingsMissingTeeth wrote:
shoeshine boy wrote:I still don't understand why that's not a penalty. yes, JV is trying to stop but he clearly waits too long to slam on the brakes. just because you don't mean to do it doesn't mean it's not a penalty.

They were talking about this on Sirius this morning. Goalies are not playing for impact. They are typically relaxed looking for pucks or setting themselves up for saves. If someone goes into the crease with force and hits a goalie it should be subject to supplemental discipline. What is to stop a team from sending out a 3 minute/night guy to go full force into a hot goalie in the first minute of a game?

Pens management told me Ryan Reaves would stop that.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby FLPensFan on Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:28 pm

FLPensFan
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby RisslingsMissingTeeth on Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:57 pm

DelPen wrote:

Pens management told me Ryan Reaves would stop that.

And this is why this board needs a like button.
RisslingsMissingTeeth
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins